Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kyoko Sakoda interned with Omerta Syndicate? Read more here.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44

Author Topic: Star Citizen - from the producer of Wing Commander  (Read 101347 times)

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
Re: Star Citizen - from the producer of Wing Commander
« Reply #135 on: 07 Jul 2014, 09:17 »

Pretty sure I got my email inviting me to the multiplayer alpha.

Haven't touched it because Space Engineers just came and ate me. Seriously.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain

Desiderya

« Reply #137 on: 09 Jul 2014, 13:52 »

Fucking intense. Also showcased the core gameplay quite nicely.  :lol:

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #138 on: 10 Jul 2014, 08:50 »

TROLLLLLLS :P

That video didn't show Chris Roberts escaping to the Bahamas on his personal crowdfunded yacht full of money and laughing at all of us :P

I remain faithful, shit is going to be awesome, all the haters will eat crow, a new glorious age of space-RP will begin, with legit third person doings, multi-crewed ships, and fun adventures for all.

Just about everything I always wanted to do in EVE I'm going to be able to do in this game.  I wish the IP was a little more grand, interesting, and less 'space pulp' but I'll take what I can get at this point.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #139 on: 10 Jul 2014, 09:25 »

Just about everything I always wanted to do in EVE I'm going to be able to do in this game.  I wish the IP was a little more grand, interesting, and less 'space pulp' but I'll take what I can get at this point.

You might be interested in this.

Currently it's little more than an idea with some 3d models attached. The idea looks interesting however, and it's made by current and ex-Eve players with the express intention of making good on every promise CCP ever made that they then failed to go through with. Oh, and Roc Weiler is doing the soundtrack.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #140 on: 10 Jul 2014, 10:45 »

"After many battles and hours, wasted in open space fighting with enemies of his Motherland, Ivan suddenly understand that he achieve nothing worth in his life. As the last enemy mothership was destroyed, he found himself in thousands miles away from his allies. He monitor slowly fleeing past his glass cabine impacts and gibs of most biggest machine he ever fight or see. Radio keep silence and only few stars enlighten his way, but he don't want to follow this way back to his boring life: there is nothing stayed in past but crappy TV programs and old sofa. No wife, no kids, no parents. He spent his whole life to fight the enemy, to safe people on his own planet. He defend motherland and he know motherland will never forgot him. As the last enemy mothership was destroyed, he died inside. He step in outer space and off his suit tracking beacon. For everyone, Ivan just a legend, who sacrifice his life to save his Motherland. For Ivan, he was just a coward, who run away from his fate."

For a yuotube comment, that was a surprisingly interesting and emotionally involving story.
\o/

Lyn Farel

« Reply #141 on: 10 Jul 2014, 13:20 »

You might be interested in this.

Currently it's little more than an idea with some 3d models attached. The idea looks interesting however, and it's made by current and ex-Eve players with the express intention of making good on every promise CCP ever made that they then failed to go through with. Oh, and Roc Weiler is doing the soundtrack.

Seeing the artworks and 3D models, they could just rip the Eve IP altogether for what it's worth. Seriously, bad props for their art direction. Nothing new.

Not like everything is pink tainted in Star Citizen as well either, ofc...

/cynical

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #142 on: 10 Jul 2014, 16:13 »

Unfortunately most of the ship designs so in Star Citizen really just don't 'wow' me aesthetically.  They mostly all look too utilitarian and 'practical' for my tastes.  Some are beautiful, but most aren't.   Eve ships (used to) have visual flair and personality.  Star citizen's entire IP just looks a bit 'practical' to me overall.  I like a bit more grimdark or space opera.

But on the one hand I really, really have to appreciate the ridiculous level of detail and 'usability' that has to go into each ship.  These are fully designed inside and out, each workstation, bridge, door handle, table, everything.  Some of these ships are going to be kilometers long and host hundreds of player avatars, and you will be able to run from one end to the other (or take the elevator), use a computer on the bridge or look at the holographic tactical battle display, and then travel to the damn hangar if you want, jump in your space fighter, launch outside the ship, and shoot people.   Or you as an aggressor will disable the ship, dock alongside with a cutting docking collar, grab your guns, board the ship, shoot the peoples inside, and rob them/steal their ship, explode it from within.

Bonus: Also the big ships are persistent.  No logging your titan off.  You actually need a ton of people to keep a ship like that going.

Bonus: SPACE HULK.  You're an explorer? Find a persistent, abandoned ship or station?  Grab your guns/friends.  Clear it out.  Repair it.  Own it.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #143 on: 10 Jul 2014, 19:53 »

Bonus: SPACE HULK.  You're an explorer? Find a persistent, abandoned ship or station?  Grab your guns/friends.  Clear it out.  Repair it.  Own it.

Will it have foul xenos trying to eat/impregnate your face?
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #144 on: 10 Jul 2014, 22:38 »

Will it have foul xenos trying to eat/impregnate your face?

Xenos yes. Eating your face yes. Not sure about impregnating :P

But they definitely want room for different 'genres' of gameplay. So for those sorts of scenarios it's more of a first person shooter / ALIENS sort of action thing.  Fixing up derelict ships and repairing stations would be more tradesperson/crafting, as you have to ship in the parts, etc along with repairs.   
They have been talking about a lot of the missions/etc mixing gameplay types.  So maybe unloading your cargo from your ship in a bad part of town you get jumped by a bunch of criminals and you have to blast your way out han solo style, that kind of thing.

Of course much talk still, but it's coming along.  Linking one of the galleries showing them modeling the interior of one of the larger ships.  Absolutely worth flipping through the 70 or 80 screenshots as they develop and refine the thing. 

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/13881-WIP-Idris

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #145 on: 25 Jul 2014, 20:33 »

Nice video of some of the planetside environments in progress. 

I can almost hear my eve Avatar clawing at the captain's quarters locked exit.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14039-Inside-CIG-Planetside-Art-Review

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #146 on: 26 Jul 2014, 01:21 »

Petitioning to rename the thread "Star Citizen: All The Money In The World".

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #147 on: 26 Jul 2014, 22:25 »

Seriously though, good lord $48.6 million today.

The thing that will be interesting is that they have so many different studios working on different material, and things will really start coming together in the months ahead.   the FPS mechanics, the player universe back end, ships ships and more ships, and etc.

They are also running a full mocap filming studio with actors and all the goodies for the single player campaign

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #148 on: 27 Jul 2014, 06:13 »

Be careful what you wish for. I might choose to be a dick and go with "the New Bernie Madoff" instead.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #149 on: 27 Jul 2014, 06:45 »

Ouuuu
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44