Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the war between Electus Matari and PIE Inc started when -EM- pilots destroyed a slaver vessel in The Bleak Lands?

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44

Author Topic: Star Citizen - from the producer of Wing Commander  (Read 101329 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: Star Citizen - from the producer of Wing Commander
« Reply #376 on: 28 Mar 2015, 00:18 »

*Danger Zone plays in the background*

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Lyn Farel

« Reply #377 on: 28 Mar 2015, 02:52 »

Interesting. It looks like similar to the purpose of the assault gunboat in starwars. Long range patrol and hard hitting power. Well protected and not very nimble.

I wonder however that as they says this aegis design is based on bomber purposes, then, where are all the missiles ? Torpedoes ? Actual bombs ? I guess it was designed first to be bombing capable, but never really got there ?

Davien Kaahtt

• Clonejack
« Reply #378 on: 28 Mar 2015, 09:07 »

*Danger Zone plays in the background*

kala...

...Kala...

...KALA!!!

daaanja zone!

Interesting. It looks like similar to the purpose of the assault gunboat in starwars. Long range patrol and hard hitting power. Well protected and not very nimble.

Its growing on me. the p38 is one of my favorite WWII aircraft, and this ship embodies a futuristic version of it. Its the size of an Ageis redeemer though... I think if I had a ship that big, I'd rather have a gunship then deep space fighter... I doono, we'll see.

I wonder however that as they says this aegis design is based on bomber purposes, then, where are all the missiles ?
Internal
Torpedoes ?
Internal
Actual bombs ?
Internal

I guess it was designed first to be bombing capable, but never really got there ?
according to the concept art, it can hold two or four medium torpedoes. Also, check out the animations on the announce page. it shows the ordnance bays opening up. My concern is its speed vs maneuverability. Will it fly like a P38 doing its high speed boom and zoom, or will it be a long distance space cow *looks at Silas' cutlas*

Lyn Farel

« Reply #379 on: 28 Mar 2015, 09:28 »

I don't know, I saw only 2 missiles listed on the specs so I got confused...

Davien Kaahtt

• Clonejack
« Reply #380 on: 28 Mar 2015, 12:11 »

I don't know, I saw only 2 missiles listed on the specs so I got confused...
https://youtu.be/kIJq9qi0i48

This video goes and explores the holotable model which shows missiles and torpedoes in internal bays.
Its neat.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #381 on: 28 Mar 2015, 12:25 »

Ok, so i'm kind of in a dilemna right now...

I inherited from a hotas warthog a while back, which works awesomely and is probably the best joystick ever (bare the weird buttons but well), but I got no throttle addon, and no pedal rudder either.

What I am wondering is that this stick is really designed for flight hardcore sims and my main issue with it is that it doesn't have a z roll axis, which is a real hindrance and asks for a rudder. My other concern is if the throttle is really ergonomic and suited to the game or not.

So, should I also get a throttle (maybe another brand if this one is not suited ?), and a rudder and roll with that ? Sounds heavily intensive and costly.

Or should I sell/get rid of the warthog and get another stick ? Either a hotas with z axis directly in the stick like a Saitek, or a non hotas stick like the T-16000 ? Is it better to go for a hotas since it may provide a lot of supplemental buttons and stuff and you do not have to reach for your keyboard ?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #382 on: 28 Mar 2015, 12:31 »

I think the best thing would be for you to try and fly with the current stick and see how you like it.

Rotating the stick to roll is very, very nice on mine, and I've got one of the cheapest HOTAS out there. (Thrustmaster HOTAS X)

Just see how you like it flying solo and adjust from there.  With the throttle you get enough extra buttons that you don't really need to use a keyboard very often, but I imagine with just a stick you'd be short.

Davien Kaahtt

• Clonejack
« Reply #383 on: 28 Mar 2015, 12:38 »

Ok, so i'm kind of in a dilemna right now...

I inherited from a hotas warthog a while back, which works awesomely and is probably the best joystick ever (bare the weird buttons but well),
Noice!

but I got no throttle addon, and no pedal rudder either.

Put the stick between your legs (giggity) and use a keyboard for your left hand. Fingers at WSAD. Map yaw to X (as its way more important then rolling in space) and use the already mapped Q and E keys for roll.

What I am wondering is that this stick is really designed for flight hardcore sims and my main issue with it is that it doesn't have a z roll axis, which is a real hindrance and asks for a rudder. My other concern is if the throttle is really ergonomic and suited to the game or not.

Yes.
Absolutely yes.
I have an X55 (don't judge, it was super insanely cheap) and the throttle is a Godsend. Being able to dynamicly adjust speed and heading is brilliant. If a hostile is on my tail, I can decouple, fly around an asteroid while pointing the nose of my ship at my target. When he comes around the asteroid, he'll get a face full of laser and rocket fire. With practice, I could do that with a keyboard, but it doesn't have the same... Feel. HOTAS allows for a much more immersive experence, IMHO.

So, should I also get a throttle (maybe another brand if this one is not suited ?), and a rudder and roll with that ? Sounds heavily intensive and costly.

Should you? First pledge. If you like the game, then slowly invest in a throttle... then rudder pedals. (Birfday is coming up real soon, I'ma gonna treat myself to some pedals)

Or should I sell/get rid of the warthog and get another stick ? Either a hotas with z axis directly in the stick like a Saitek, or a non hotas stick like the T-16000 ?

As previously stated, I have an x55. If you want a slightly shittier experience, then get what I have. Buttons randomly press, there is a large deadzone that needs to be fixed in the software, and customer service is easily the worst I've ever experienced. If this weren't a Christmas present, I'd take it back and get a warthog.

Is it better to go for a hotas since it may provide a lot of supplemental buttons and stuff and you do not have to reach for your keyboard ?
Yes..?
I've got a nice setup, but I'm in the process of building a sort of cockpit. I'm going to have a U-shaped tray that goes over my lap, divided into five positions. The far left will house my rudder, the middle will have my joystick, and the far right will have the mouse. Between the joystick, mouse, and throttle will be one of these. http://www.thehumansolution.com/kinesis-freestyle.html?gdftrk=gdfV2929_a_7c132_a_7c5187_a_7cKIN700&gclid=CL-S_4eegsQCFZLm7AodYwkAjw
When they start to support it, I'm going to pick up VR of some sort... After a month or two, y'all will see me on the news... Gamer dies in home made simulator from malnutrition.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #384 on: 28 Mar 2015, 13:40 »

Ah, thanks for the advices.

I already invested in the game through pledge (in fact, I am one of the early backers, have a LTI package and something like pledger #30.000). That's why i'm considering my joystick options.

Maybe i'll try what you say first. Keyboard with Q/E for strafing, and A/D for rolling, or something.

Honestly, the thing that any stick would highly benefit from would be an analog tiny stick like they have on gamepads. You know, for gimbal stuff and things like that. Not like i'm gonna use gimbals anyway...  :P

Davien Kaahtt

• Clonejack
« Reply #385 on: 28 Mar 2015, 14:22 »

Already backed? Dude, add me to your contacts list.
Davien_Kaahtt

I need more folks to fly around with, but I don't like organizations... Ask Silas-- It took drastic measures to bring me into the KPV

Lyn Farel

« Reply #386 on: 28 Mar 2015, 16:10 »

I need to download the whole game again... They keep making us download it from scratch with their major patches... It takes me days. I can dl like 5Gb per night... :/

Lyn Farel

« Reply #387 on: 29 Mar 2015, 09:03 »

Another question : where can I find good guides or descriptions for weapons, and even ships ? But especially weapons.

Davien Kaahtt

• Clonejack
« Reply #388 on: 29 Mar 2015, 10:41 »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hpZDxqXlXp2gbLXMkiMGbOCzMwoxj7mGu72w3MofmxQ/htmlview?sle=true#gid=781668465

All the stats laid out in black and white. Repeaters are great if you are shooting something fast, or a terrible shot.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #389 on: 29 Mar 2015, 11:33 »

Probably stupid question but... what's the point of high damage low rof weapons since repeaters seem to deal even more dps overall ?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44