Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that station interiors have a day/night cycle mimicking planets? (p. 88)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22

Author Topic: Retribution.  (Read 60851 times)

Desiderya

Re: Retribution.
« Reply #240 on: 28 Nov 2012, 10:04 »

Shooting a ship in lowsec only gives you the suspect flag and a sec status hit.
Gate guns attack players only after they've incurred a sec status penalty in sight of the guns.

edit:

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #241 on: 28 Nov 2012, 10:06 »

Ok!

I am totally okay with that.  :twisted:
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #242 on: 28 Nov 2012, 10:24 »

Rogue Drone and Drone Regions update:

Drone Region Changes in Retribution
reported by CCP FoxFour | 2012.11.28 12:15:14 | NEW | Comments

Pilots of New Eden, changes are coming to the Drone Regions with Retribution. Changes you may want to know about. The changes listed below are designed to bring the Drone Regions in line with the rest of the New Eden cluster.

First up, Officer Spawns:

The Drone Regions have been missing officer spawns (the highest end NPCs, usually carrying high bounties and rare loot) for a long time so with Retribution this winter we are adding them. Exactly where and how often they spawn is up to you guys to figure out. Here are the four new officers you can expect to find:

Second and along with Officer Spawns comes Officer Modules:

Since we were creating new officers we decided it would be a great time to introduce not just new officers. We also decided it would be a great time to add officer drone modules. You high sec care bears, erm mission runners, now have more ways to spend insane amounts of ISK pimping your ship. I am not going to list exact stats and would like to remind those that go running off to a test server, to find the stats of the following item: Magic Crystal Ball
  • Drone Damage Amplifier
  • Drone Link Augmentor
  • Omnidirectional Tracking Link
  • Drone Navigation Computer
  • Drone Control Unit

Adding new spawns so we must add hauler spawns:

Along with new officer spawns we have added new hauler spawns to the drone regions. You will find them spread across all of the drone regions and with names matching and drops matching those of hauler spawns from other regions.

Rogue Drone Salvage:

After having done some research we found that the salvage offered by NPCs in the drone regions was below that of what we would expect from NPCs in all other regions. We are therefore buffing the salvage from the NPCs in the drone regions by 2% across the board.

We hope you find these changes enjoyable and worthwhile. If you have any feedback please make your way to the comments section of this post where we will be answering your questions. :)

Oh, also, Rogue Drones now give a sec status gain when you kill them. Just a little something we also added. :D

CCP FoxFour

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #243 on: 28 Nov 2012, 11:13 »

Where are the other drone officers!

I love these updates. It would be so cool to hear John say "Safeties off.... Safeties off...... FLEET JUMP JUMP JUMP" or something.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #244 on: 28 Nov 2012, 11:27 »

Where are the other drone officers!

I love these updates. It would be so cool to hear John say "Safeties off.... Safeties off...... FLEET JUMP JUMP JUMP" or something.

There's always that one guy. And he's usually the tackle. :lol:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #245 on: 28 Nov 2012, 11:45 »

I'm a bit worried about Retribution.

It looks like they finally decided to fix all the shit that's been broken for years, which is good I suppose.  :psyccp:

But they're doing it all at once, rather than bit by bit. That gives greater opportunities for things to break horribly. popcorn time?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #246 on: 28 Nov 2012, 12:02 »

Yes, Steckers. Standard patchday procedures apply. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #247 on: 28 Nov 2012, 13:20 »

Suggestions of factionalism, and even a sense of morality among the drone hive?

Huuuuuh.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #248 on: 28 Nov 2012, 13:25 »

Seems cool.

If I understand correctly then, sentries will fire at you if :

- You have a criminal flag
- You incur a security hit on grid, until you leave grid.

Funny also, can't eject from ship if the weapon flag is active. I perfectly understand why they do that in terms of game mechanisms, but to justify that ICly is going to be hardcore, unless we go again in the line of "CONCORD controls every bit of your capsule systems".

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #249 on: 28 Nov 2012, 14:02 »

Suggestions of factionalism, and even a sense of morality among the drone hive?

Huuuuuh.

My own understanding may be clouding what little, if any, PF regarding this subject I know of... but essentially the Drone Hives do compete with each other occasionally, and tend to prefer to be within their own Hive. As for the morality bit, well, I have to wonder what machines find so objectionable that they have 'unorthodox methods'.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #250 on: 28 Nov 2012, 14:14 »

Seems cool.

Funny also, can't eject from ship if the weapon flag is active. I perfectly understand why they do that in terms of game mechanisms, but to justify that ICly is going to be hardcore, unless we go again in the line of "CONCORD controls every bit of your capsule systems".

First part: correct.

Second: when did we stop going in that line? It's always been well-established that capsuleer-owned vessels are infested with CONCORD monitoring equipment, and that CONCORD determines what is and is not visible to the capsuleer through his or her camera drones.

I mean, we have magic voodoo that prevents us from jumping through wormholes with GCC, and they can prevent us from warping if we're GCC'd in highsec even before the spawn appears...
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Lyn Farel

« Reply #251 on: 28 Nov 2012, 14:43 »

We had a long discussions with Shaliraa around page 3 of this thread on CONCORD powers on capsuleers and ethics and yes, that line seems not to be systematic for all players indeed. I have always tried to take a cautious approach on the matter, no leaning too much on either side tbh.

Ofc here, I can only think of that "line", which is probably what I will choose in the end by default until someone comes with something else that also makes sense. I would really like to have CCP explain a little more what exactly are CONCORDs true powers on capsules.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #252 on: 28 Nov 2012, 14:44 »

Seems cool.

First part: correct.

Second: when did we stop going in that line? It's always been well-established that capsuleer-owned vessels are infested with CONCORD monitoring equipment, and that CONCORD determines what is and is not visible to the capsuleer through his or her camera drones.

I mean, we have magic voodoo that prevents us from jumping through wormholes with GCC, and they can prevent us from warping if we're GCC'd in highsec even before the spawn appears...

and we almost NEVER see civilian traffic. Those we do see probably opt out of CONCORD protection, maybe to save money on the 'protection tax'.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #253 on: 28 Nov 2012, 16:18 »

and we almost NEVER see civilian traffic. Those we do see probably opt out of CONCORD protection, maybe to save money on the 'protection tax'.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And those are the ones that tend to get blown up by opportunistic capsuleers! Holy shit!

Concord turns a bunch of bloodthirsty monsters loose and then extorts protection money! Fucking brilliant!

Counterpoint: Smartbombs.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #254 on: 28 Nov 2012, 17:10 »

Seems cool.

The neurological stress of being linked to active weapon systems that require precise control mandates a 60 second desensitization process so the pilot isn't inadvertently overstressed/harmed when ejecting.

This leaves the question of how traumatic it is to lose a starship, but well...
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22