Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

a lone miner was detained and executed on 29.11YC105 for "suspicious curiosity" after asking passing Imperial Fleet ships "where they were going with all those guns".

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: Retribution.  (Read 60765 times)

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
Re: Retribution.
« Reply #225 on: 24 Nov 2012, 07:26 »

Nice bunch of changes all in all. And the adjustments to roles for tech 1 frigates and cruisers, as well as the new drone bay on the Noctis, really inspired me to try out an old dream of living out of salvage. But... I need some acknowledgment from CCP that there is/should be more to Eve than ship pew-pew, before my flame is really reignited.

Btw. Anybody remember that "circle of Eve" Torfi presented at fanfest with Harvesting->Manufacturing->Destruction? The only thing that bugs me after all these years is why they continue to present these kind of roadmaps when they never actually commit to them.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #226 on: 24 Nov 2012, 11:16 »

Some icon changes to make things a bit clearer:

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #227 on: 24 Nov 2012, 12:14 »

Neat, gone are the days of accidentally slapping on the wrong hardener.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #228 on: 24 Nov 2012, 12:21 »

Some icon changes to make things a bit clearer:

Good idea, but again, CCP, why not going further with the idea and make it clearer by actually showing the new exp/therm/kin/em icons above the already existing icon...  :psyccp:

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #229 on: 24 Nov 2012, 12:32 »

If they got rid of the lens flare on the module portrait it would make the colors a lot more distinguishable.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #230 on: 25 Nov 2012, 08:06 »

Update on the AB: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2213556#post2213556

CCP Fozzie wrote:
Sparkus Volundar wrote:
Michael Harari wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Good point about the afterburner skill, although take a look at it on Buckingham you'll be pleasantly surprised.

You cant trick me into logging in that easily.

lol

Skill is changing to offer -5% to Afterburner Duration per level and -10% Activcation Cost per level.

Dear CCP Fozzie,

In relation to the above Afterburner skill change, will the Fuel Conservation skill remain unchanged (leading to Afterburners having the same Cap use as now)?

Regards,
Sparks

Yeah we're not touching Fuel Conservation atm.

And a slight change to the new Sensor Compensation skills: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2212353#post2212353

CCP Fozzie wrote:
Michael Harari wrote:
Oh, im not complaining they are imbalanced, I just think the skill point multiplier should be knocked down by 1.

Well this is an excellent post to go right before my next announcement.

We agree that the rank of the new Sensor Comp skills is a bit excessive and have decided to lower it down. However 5% per level at a rank 2 was a bit too powerful in this case so we're also reducing the effect to 4% per level.

The end result is a better bang for your hour spent training, but a slightly lower potential end result.

So the skills are now Rank 2 Int/Mem, providing 4% increased sensor strength in their chosen sensor type per level.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #231 on: 27 Nov 2012, 12:46 »

You're going to love this one: http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=73996

Happy Safe Fun Time
reported by CCP Greyscale | 2012.11.27 15:50:57 | NEW | Comments

Hi everybody,

Today I'm going to talk about how to fly safely in Retribution! We are adding a couple of new features to ensure that, when you inevitably lose your ship in a very silly way, it is very definitely 100% your fault.

SAFE LOGOFF

This system is pretty straightforward: if you are not doing anything dangerous, you can now opt to "Log Off Safely". This will give you a big on-screen timer showing you how long until you log out. When the timer runs out, your ship is immediately removed from space and you're informed that you successfully logged out.

You will also notice here that there is a button marked "Abort". If, while you're in the process of logging off, you see some dastardly pirate slash noble upholder of justice delete as appropriate flying over to end your ship's meagre existence, you can abort the process and defend yourself. This should ensure that you'll never (again) die because you logged out a minute too soon and got podded while the client was closed.

You cannot be safely logging off while:

• You have active modules
  • You're ejecting from a ship
  • You have aggression from players or NPCs
  • Your ship is exploding or self-destructing
  • You're issuing movement commands
  • You're launching or jettisoning objects
  • You're joining a fleet
  • You're deploying or reconnecting with drones
  • You have a target lock or are targeted
  • You're warping
  • You're decloaking or under gate cloak

You can't initiate a safe logoff while any of these things are happening, and if they happen once the countdown is running, it'll be aborted.

SAFETY SYSTEM

The Safety System is sliiightly more complex. Masterplan explained in an earlier blog that, in Retribution, there will be two levels of illegal behavior: "suspect" and "criminal". The safety system ensures that you cannot commit illegal behavior without deliberately switching off your safeties first.

Your new safety system has three states: enabled, partially disabled and disabled.

• While ENABLED, you cannot commit any kind of illegal act
  • While PARTIALLY DISABLED, you can commit acts that will get you a suspect flag, but not those that would get you a criminal flag
  • While DISABLED, you can do anything you like, up to and including criminal acts
Your safety settings can be adjusted using this cunning new button on your HUD:

Clicking the little round button brings up the safety settings options, where you can select your desired state. Going UP the list (ie, moving to a less-safe setting) requires confirmation; going DOWN the list does not.

Changing your safety setting happens instantly, but moving to a safer setting will not clear flags that you've already incurred.

If you try to attempt an action that's prevented by your safety level, you will simply not be allowed to do it (this is enforced both on the client and on the server). These commands are all highlighted in the UI - in red or yellow, depending on their severity - and if you try to click one of them, the safety button will blink to remind you where you need to change your settings.

The upshot of all this is that you can never just do something illegal by accident: you always have to deliberately go and disable your safety settings first. On the other hand, if you're out to cause trouble, you'll never be bothered by last-minute pop-ups again: if you're on a lowsec roam and you turn your safeties off, you're in full free-fire mode from that point forward. And, pilot beware, if you fully disable your safeties in hisec then you're just one button-press away from a visit from CONCORD. Use at your own discretion :)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #232 on: 27 Nov 2012, 14:02 »

Out of curiosity can someone remind me what is a criminal act in lowsec already ? Iirc shooting at someone only gives you a suspect flag, correct ?

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #233 on: 27 Nov 2012, 14:15 »

Shooting someone on a gate gives you criminal.

Shooting someone elsewhere gets you suspect.

It doesn't really matter, so far as I can see, until you jump into highsec.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #234 on: 27 Nov 2012, 14:16 »

Ok thanks.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #235 on: 27 Nov 2012, 14:34 »

Even gate guns don't fire on you when you have a criminal offense unless they see you committing the criminal offense \o/
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #236 on: 27 Nov 2012, 14:38 »

Out of curiosity can someone remind me what is a criminal act in lowsec already ? Iirc shooting at someone only gives you a suspect flag, correct ?

Podding someone in lowsec is a criminal act. I think Kala linked the chart of things earlier in the thread w/ an earlier crimewatch devblog.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #237 on: 27 Nov 2012, 14:42 »

Podding someone in lowsec is a criminal act. I think Kala linked the chart of things earlier in the thread w/ an earlier crimewatch devblog.

Consolidation time :)

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #238 on: 28 Nov 2012, 07:53 »

Shooting someone on a gate gives you criminal.

Shooting someone elsewhere gets you suspect.

It doesn't really matter, so far as I can see, until you jump into highsec.

ehhh i think you are just a suspect unless you fire on the pod, afaik attacking in gates with scrambler and guns does  not trigger sentry guns reaction in this case

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #239 on: 28 Nov 2012, 08:12 »

Really?  I've heard differently.  If you fire on someone on a gate, the gate guns will engage you.  If you then warp off and come back, they will stop.

I don't think gate guns are only going to react to pod-killing though, or else low-sec is really going to become null-sec without bubbles.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22