Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That "because of Falcon" is passé?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What two Gallente streets may look like (now with a 2nd pic)  (Read 5579 times)

Leopold Caine

• Egger
  • Angels are never far...

From the above quote, the Federation seems like a cheap Cartel knock off.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist

Or perhaps, the Cartel is a cheap, lawless Federation knock off? It has after all, been around far longer.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

Or perhaps, the Cartel is a cheap, lawless Federation knock off? It has after all, been around far longer.

Why would an intergovernmental federation of at least 4-5 major civilizations (each dating back thousands of years, and ignoring the minor civilizations hinted at in the Slavery and Gallente religion wiki articles) be a knock-off of a pirate cartel that was founded only a century ago? It's a very obtuse interpretation of the PF all things considered.

NISYN Aelisha

I think we can assume that Leo posits that comment as jest.  If one assumes the most positive, optimistic case.  Needless to say, all four Empires are pretty diverse places.  I'd like to see all of us dig up four cityscapes or street level images and show ther parity with our view of the four main empires (or factions of our choosing).  Maybe spring board a little backstage 'aesthetic parity' project looking into how we, individually, see the world of eve with regards to the aspects we rarely, if ever, get artwork for? 

I can already see Dam Torsad as Vatican-meets-Dubai on a country-sized scale.  Falconry might even be a highly skilled, middle class profession for some (see how Dubai is kept relatively clean and uneroded by Pidgeon droppings, and the men who enable that). 

As for the first image posted, the kind of disparity shown in the AI film (and book more importantly) between districts for pleasure and districts for living, could easily enable that kind of blatant, unashamed borderline sexuality to exist in it's own microcosm within an otherwise more conservative, natural metropolis.  I like the concept that the borders between Federation districts and neighborhoods are harder to define than most.

Muck Raker

• Wetgraver
Re: What an average Gallente street looks like
« Reply #34 on: 11 Oct 2012, 12:57 »

Inb4 Gutterpress

"Cardinal Graelyn photographed prowling the Red Light District of Gallente Prime, no doubt hunting for young heathen entertainment for the night!"

"Scandalous!" 

"The pictures, recently acquired from Gutter Press, shows the Cardinal and well-known Amarrian capsuleer about to enter an "adult leisure" boutique!"

"Sensational!"

"One young woman, 19, single, who's name asked be withheld was quoted saying this:  "So, yeah, I was down on the street, yanno, just looking for something to do, maybe meet someone new.  So, I was like, walking down the street, and I got this....contact request...in my personal comms hub, from this bald, really old pasty guy.  It said "Male, older than dirt, man of the cloth".  I was like...weirded out by the whole thing! I bet he was into whips and chains and stuff, just..eww."

"Outrageous!"

"Gutter Press will have more news as it develops!"

Im betting if the point of view trailed a bit to the left, you would see Esna pointing Graelyn to the adult leisure store.

You are not exactly helping maintain the charade that we're not the same person.   :eek:

Nice pictures, Seriphyn.

Leopold Caine

• Egger
  • Angels are never far...

I think we can assume that Leo posits that comment as jest.

Sssshhhh. No spoilers, pls.
Pages: 1 2 [3]