Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That capsuleers frequently communicate by means of dataprojectors? (The Burning Life, p 30)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: What two Gallente streets may look like (now with a 2nd pic)  (Read 5578 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

Or well, on Gallente Prime at least...

Clickie

Hi-tech hedonists with a dash of the more tasteful high culture (health food and art expo I was looking at). It's from Infinity though. I wish we'd get similar stuff for EVE, because I've always wondered what x and y would look like.

EDIT - Here's another, linked to me ages ago by Uraniae Fehrnah. Seems identical to the description of Caille (not the Crystal Boulevard mind)
« Last Edit: 29 Oct 2012, 02:28 by Seriphyn »

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
Re: What an average Gallente street looks like
« Reply #1 on: 05 Oct 2012, 09:41 »

Gorgeous photo!

Bonus-points for the evil-looking Amarrian in there (maybe it's me!).

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 05 Oct 2012, 11:27 »

ohh absolutely, i would be it may have a bit more vegetation and organic look on the buildings, but definetly close.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #3 on: 05 Oct 2012, 11:53 »

Absolutely.

For maximum EVE realism tho, needs +12% more GRIMDARKE.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #4 on: 05 Oct 2012, 12:35 »

Do only I see there Naruto?  :eek:

Lyn Farel

« Reply #5 on: 05 Oct 2012, 13:10 »

Creepy lurking Roden on the left !

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #6 on: 05 Oct 2012, 13:48 »

He lurks towards adult leisure! Typical gallentean!  :lol:
And that girl on front plane, how can she even wear that... THING and wtf is this exactly? How is it physically possible? Slime jacket or? My brain hurts, thank you!  :eek:

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #7 on: 05 Oct 2012, 20:27 »

And that girl on front plane, how can she even wear that... THING and wtf is this exactly? How is it physically possible? Slime jacket or? My brain hurts, thank you!  :eek:

Its anime, everything is always 25-200% sluttier then needed. That little capelet dealie is pretty cool though, I'd wear that.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #8 on: 06 Oct 2012, 03:09 »

Its anime fan service, everything is always 25-200% sluttier then needed. That little capelet dealie is pretty cool though, I'd wear that.

* Lyn Farel doesn't like the confusion  :)

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 06 Oct 2012, 04:52 »

Loads of AR there.

AR in a futuristic setting always leads me towards the utopia chip of the Syndicate game series.

So... With full AR capabilities the Gallente Prime might look shiny and cool, without it the whole thing might be a tad different. Definitely less shiny and more gritty.

Also I would think that the underprivileged in the Federation would be around everywhere, begging, robbing, selling themselves and illegal goods.
The pleasure hubs as a concept is cool, but old fashioned street walking prostitution would be still around because its cheaper to sell your wares on the street than in a pleasure hub.

Mayhaps that picture is more accurate than you might think, there is a lady there harassing a little girl ...

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #10 on: 06 Oct 2012, 08:05 »

Loads of AR there.

AR in a futuristic setting always leads me towards the utopia chip of the Syndicate game series.

So... With full AR capabilities the Gallente Prime might look shiny and cool, without it the whole thing might be a tad different. Definitely less shiny and more gritty.

Also I would think that the underprivileged in the Federation would be around everywhere, begging, robbing, selling themselves and illegal goods.
The pleasure hubs as a concept is cool, but old fashioned street walking prostitution would be still around because its cheaper to sell your wares on the street than in a pleasure hub.

Mayhaps that picture is more accurate than you might think, there is a lady there harassing a little girl ...

EuroCorp best corp. \o/

also, in something related to the Federation, there was a city described, I think. Had Upper and lower levels, upper levels were shinier and so on.

So, with that in the Federation then, it'd be like, uppermost levels, then the AR adds stuff to reality, and looks like the picture.
Lower down, the AR smooths over the grit, hides it a bit. Going lower, there'd be bits where maybe the AR doesn't have coverage, so you'd get blank spots, showing all the grit.

the underprivileged would be shooed off from the uppermost levels, becoming more noticeable lower down.

also, had thoughts regarding prostitutes in the Federation cities, would be like:
Upperlevel = fake surgery scars, because it's "fashionable" and in "vogue"
Midlevel = no obvious scars, because they can afford proper cosmetic surgeons
Lowerlevel = real scars because they can't afford skilled cosmetic surgeons.
\o/

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 06 Oct 2012, 09:49 »

Very cool pic, and yeah, Graelyn is hanging out in there too :-)
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger
« Reply #12 on: 06 Oct 2012, 14:44 »

Its anime fan service, everything is always 200%+ sluttier then needed. That little capelet dealie is pretty cool though, I'd wear that.

* Lyn Farel doesn't like the confusion  :)

The girl school uniforms...just...all the girl school uniforms..

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 06 Oct 2012, 15:29 »

Inb4 Gutterpress

"Cardinal Graelyn photographed prowling the Red Light District of Gallente Prime, no doubt hunting for young heathen entertainment for the night!"

"Scandalous!" 

"The pictures, recently acquired from Gutter Press, shows the Cardinal and well-known Amarrian capsuleer about to enter an "adult leisure" boutique!"

"Sensational!"

"One young woman, 19, single, who's name asked be withheld was quoted saying this:  "So, yeah, I was down on the street, yanno, just looking for something to do, maybe meet someone new.  So, I was like, walking down the street, and I got this....contact request...in my personal comms hub, from this bald, really old pasty guy.  It said "Male, older than dirt, man of the cloth".  I was like...weirded out by the whole thing! I bet he was into whips and chains and stuff, just..eww."

"Outrageous!"

"Gutter Press will have more news as it develops!"

Im betting if the point of view trailed a bit to the left, you would see Esna pointing Graelyn to the adult leisure store.
« Last Edit: 06 Oct 2012, 15:31 by Gottii »
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Kentt

• Clonejack
  • "Who Dares Wins"
« Reply #14 on: 07 Oct 2012, 01:34 »

Nice picture there!  When you had first said Infinity, I thought at first you had meant Infinity Universe, the one MMO that some people are still designing.  Though their demo video for cities looks more Caldari then Gallente...
Pages: [1] 2 3