Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Ishukone corporation is one of the major players in the 'liberal' faction and was the first non-Jovian organization to receive capsule technology from the Jovians?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A Gift  (Read 3007 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: A Gift
« Reply #15 on: 23 Sep 2012, 03:45 »

Buy all the wolves with it and give them to Ava.

Norrin Ellis

« Reply #16 on: 23 Sep 2012, 12:04 »

Thanks for all the suggestions, gang!

Marcus Gord

• Mathfail Silverback
  • Egger
  • Soldier of Fortune
« Reply #17 on: 23 Sep 2012, 17:11 »

I tend to give ISK away to people I think need it, deserve it, or will use it well/for a good cause.

I'm bad at making suggestions, but that's how I do it.
Stormcrows.

Will pay for good sig. Enquire within.

You can't take the sky from me

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #18 on: 24 Sep 2012, 02:01 »

Silver Night's "It's a Big Cluster" fund was a great use of excess ISK.  Basically, allow people to bring RP and/or worldbuilding stuff to your attention anonymously and you reward those projects you think worthy in whatever amount you find appropriate.  This effectively invests in a richer, bigger, and better-played world.  This is what I think you should do with the cash.  Become the curator of an RP "genius grant" program.

I really need to start that up again, but I've been a bit busy to pick people out, lately (erm, the last year or so  :( ).

The approach I took *is* a bit more time intensive, if you are more just looking for a way to get the money somewhere good and move on to a new character, though.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #19 on: 24 Sep 2012, 13:12 »

20 billion?  Yeah, can you please make that out to Saikoyu?

Seriously, I'll agree with the others, unless you want a big spectacle, just keep it small and quiet. 

Less seriously, do you ever sleep or just run missions 23/7?

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 24 Sep 2012, 13:24 »

For me, one of the reasons Eve combat is at all fun is that each ship loss represents actual effort. You have something on the line to lose when you enter combat. (finding the sweet spot where combat means something because there's something on the line, between meaning nothing because the price is trivial, and being so costly that you're reluctant to risk it was sometimes a problem for me).

Although, in my dreams, someone giving me a billion isk when I was a young pilot would have been glorious, when I once cashed in a plex to get isk, my pvp lost a lot of its gloss for months. Losses didn't mean anything.

Unless someone has something where the money absolutely makes it possible, instead of just hard, I'd suggest not giving it out in large lumps. Go around randomly giving people 10 hurricanes or a dozen rifters or something, rather than isk.

Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Norrin Ellis

« Reply #21 on: 24 Sep 2012, 14:58 »

This particular gift has been disbursed.  I may give away more in the near future.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #22 on: 24 Sep 2012, 19:48 »

This particular gift has been disbursed.  I may give away more in the near future.

Mind sharing how you went about getting rid of 20 billion?

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #23 on: 26 Sep 2012, 07:48 »

Mind sharing how you went about getting rid of 20 billion?

Somer blink can handle taht pretty easily ;)
Pages: 1 [2]