Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

As part of its political goal to make the State stronger economically, Lai Dai is the primary supporter of the School of Applied Knowledge. Check out more here!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33

Author Topic: Character Portrait Rating  (Read 112692 times)

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
Re: Character Portrait Rating
« Reply #225 on: 23 Jul 2013, 02:24 »

While feeling bored, I made what Gwen might have looked like if her father had married an Achur rather then a filthy foreigner.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Lyn Farel

« Reply #226 on: 23 Jul 2013, 12:28 »

I really have an almost personal issue with CCP's necks, but that face is awesome.
« Last Edit: 23 Jul 2013, 12:31 by Lyn Farel »

Kazuma Ry

• Cardinal Lieutenant
  • Wetgraver
  • Enlightening a Slave near you
« Reply #227 on: 23 Jul 2013, 15:18 »

@ Gwen - agree with Lyn, neck is odd (I also blame CCP). Otherwise, just going off the pic, I give her 7/10.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kazuma Ry

[spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: 23 Jul 2013, 15:20 by Kazuma Ry »
"White as the falling snow. Black as our Citadels burned against the sky."

"Faith gained through knowledge and knowledge gained through Faith. In service to God, do we find the answers"

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #228 on: 24 Jul 2013, 00:53 »

I honestly like that design so much, I almost wish I'd made her that way originally.  :|

Lyn Farel

« Reply #229 on: 24 Jul 2013, 06:16 »

I honestly like that design so much, I almost wish I'd made her that way originally.  :|

Welcome in my universe.

Well at least you can still change it that way for the hair color and "light" cosmetics additions to match it. It's harder when it's a totally different bloodline.

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #230 on: 24 Jul 2013, 07:05 »

Welcome in my universe.

Well at least you can still change it that way for the hair color and "light" cosmetics additions to match it. It's harder when it's a totally different bloodline.

Well, I mean, I could always just resculpt to make her that way - But at this point, the appearance neither suits the character in terms of personality, or works in accordance to her established backstory. And even if that weren't the case, it'd be hard to justify such a radical change in appearance.

It's alright, though, I'm still more then content. It just really turned out looking way better then I expected.

...Would you want to change Lyns design? I honestly think it's pretty cute and unique - Especially with he ponytail she had a couple days ago.

« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2013, 07:06 by Gwen Ikiryo »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #231 on: 24 Jul 2013, 12:59 »

Has so much changed between current Gwen and that one ? I mean, I have not noticed a lot of morphological difference... Maybe slightly more perfect but I wasn't honestly sure if it was just the portrait itself or the actual sculpt... I may be wrong of course but I really doubt that people will notice the difference. I'm myself extremely picky about that kind of things - I mean, to a point where it's not good neither for me or my character - and I was not even sure something had changed beyond the pose and the hair color and cosmetics.

Would you have made the resculpt ingame without telling it around I would probably just have thought it was a cosmetic and portrait change, with Gwen dying her hair. Don't forget that other players do not see everything of one's character. They don't spend their time modifying this or that or trying to make another portrait. They do not have the tool and the character under their hands to notice such differences.

I honestly doubt that a lot of people, or anyone for that matter, have noticed the few free resculpts I have done for Lyn over the time (after the first ones just after Incarna and the one when they unlocked lighter skin tones). Have you noticed the last one ? It occurred not even a year ago. People mostly notice heavy changes or just usual haircut/hair color changes, since a single portrait can change literally EVERYTHING. A character can look 100% like another one with a different lighting and pose.

So, if you really do a resculpt, I can assure you that the only thing I might notice is the hair color, and you can do your resculpt without even changing the hair color and nobody will notice, or i'm being really optimistic I don't know...

Also no I don't think I would change Lyn's design, I am mostly happy with the design itself, I just happen to think that other bloodlines are A LOT BETTER suited to it. Just considering the pain I had to go through to make a brutor look like that, and I am still unhappy with traits I can't get rid of, mostly cheekbones.

I have often thought that if I could change her bloodline I would do it gladly, but somehow now having tried other ones I understand now that the current result I have is 10 times better than something done from scratch again (especially portrait/pose wise). I would need another couple of years of work to make them shine, especially for the portrait, which is the most delicate part ever. But these new experiments are still 10 times better than the first Lyns I did after Incarna (not taking Incarna beta into account ofc).

Of course I still am not happy with the result I have, as always. That's why I am always changing haircuts. vOv

She never had a ponytail though ?
« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2013, 13:02 by Lyn Farel »

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #232 on: 04 Aug 2013, 06:45 »

I updated Kala's portrait shortly after my glorious return.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #233 on: 04 Aug 2013, 16:51 »

Current deadie pic ^^

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #234 on: 28 Sep 2013, 18:53 »

Well, deadie, I know we've had conversations about those glasses before (although I've since ditched them) - and I will give you props for making them work without the lighting completely mucking them up (since that was a constant thorn in my side).

Other than that, I'm happy to just say that the whole outfit fits, with each component part of the same theme and thereby you are working it, girl.

Aellos Lisetier

• Clonejack
« Reply #235 on: 14 Oct 2013, 12:10 »

Ok, I'll take the jump, in no small part because Aellos is still flagged for a resculpt and I really want to do... something with him since particularly when walking around he has a really weird look on his face... which irritatingly doesn't show up in the character creator so it's kind of tough to fix

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Any suggestions as to what I should do with him will be gratefully received since at this point I'm kind of stuck...
"And when we some day follow to the places they have been
We'll take the paths they've marked for us and see the sights they've seen
To Jupiter and Saturn, to the stars themselves we'll steer
And we pray that God but grant us then, the luck of the Pioneer" - Pioneer's song: J Ecklar, L Fish

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #236 on: 27 Oct 2013, 02:50 »

So, I subbed to look at stuff like a Kim Jong and was happy to see that there was a free re-customization available so I jumped on it, having been pretty unhappy with what I managed last time.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #237 on: 27 Oct 2013, 16:13 »

So, I subbed to look at stuff like a Kim Jong and was happy to see that there was a free re-customization available so I jumped on it, having been pretty unhappy with what I managed last time.

I like the expression, lighting, and use of colors (brown in front, blue behind broken up by the portrait). Looks very young for a capsuleer though. Unfortunate that the neck seems unnaturally long.

Deadrow: love the way the sunglasses are used on that portrait!

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #238 on: 01 Nov 2013, 04:20 »

Quote from: Merdaneth link=topic=3639.msg89534#msg89534 date=1382912007
[b
Deadrow[/b]: love the way the sunglasses are used on that portrait!

TeacherRow won't take any shit from you children! It has recently changed due to my CE coming and getting the torch implant and the swag new top tho ^^

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #239 on: 02 Nov 2013, 21:34 »

Updated.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33