Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

In YC110 Mixed Metaphor corporation declared war to stop distribution of the NHB Ultra Happy Chip™? It didn't work out.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33

Author Topic: Character Portrait Rating  (Read 112964 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: Character Portrait Rating
« Reply #180 on: 18 Jun 2013, 13:51 »

If I may I think if there really is an issue there (not sure), it's not only the nose, but the area above too, leading to the forehead/eyebrows.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #181 on: 18 Jun 2013, 13:55 »

There is. Once Katrina pointed it out it became pretty noticeable to me. He likened it to 'too much plastic surgery' or me having messed with it too much while sculpting, which is probably true - though my focus was on the GODDAMN FUCKING CHEEKS BECAUSE CCP STANDS FOR CAN'T CHEEKBONE PROPERLY RAWR RAGE HISS SPIT
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #182 on: 18 Jun 2013, 14:04 »

There is. Once Katrina pointed it out it became pretty noticeable to me. He likened it to 'too much plastic surgery' or me having messed with it too much while sculpting, which is probably true - though my focus was on the GODDAMN FUCKING CHEEKS BECAUSE CCP STANDS FOR CAN'T CHEEKBONE PROPERLY RAWR RAGE HISS SPIT
Oh, good, I'm not the only one who has issues trying to do cheeks and cheekbone structure
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #183 on: 18 Jun 2013, 14:45 »

Oh, good, I'm not the only one who has issues trying to do cheeks and cheekbone structure

I'm actually very happy with Kala's cheeks :P One of the bits of her I really like. That and the lighting in this image. It was just the right amount of soft:

However, I think the character portrait I made that I like the most was this one:

She was made before Carbon was released, on the SiSi engine, so she's not a character I've ever played. Just an experiment. Still, of all the portraits I've made, she sticks with me as one of the most real looking.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #184 on: 18 Jun 2013, 15:16 »

I think I'll bite, too.

Done that, I like how Kala looks. I think the ears look a bit weird, but they always do with what CCP gives us, imho. :) I'd consider another lipstick. All in all, I'd give her a 7.5/10 on the subjective ad-hoc Nico's aesthetic judgment scale. - That's for the red-headed one, I think the blonde one is somewhat below 7, maybe 6.4 or so. Not because of the hair color, though.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #185 on: 18 Jun 2013, 18:06 »

Is there any way we can make these images smaller?

It's difficult to judge a portrait when I have to scroll to see the entire thing.

Right click the image, copy link location. Paste the image hyperlink into a new tab or window. You can choose a selection of sizes for direct links to the EVEGate server, assuming they are hosted there instead of imgur or something. The useful sizes are usually in standard doubles of eight.

64x64
128x128
256x256
512x512
1024x1024
... and some other oddly sized ones that don't fit the pattern, mostly used for the EVE website character icons and such.

https:// image.eveonline.com/ Character/92149662_1024.jpg

That spot right there can be swapped out for smaller numbers. The highest resolution I've seen it go has only been 1024. There may be a larger size but I've yet to learn of it.

Manuel like.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #186 on: 18 Jun 2013, 19:05 »

I think 1024x1024 is the maximum size, as the larger sizes seem always to have the double side length of the preceding smaller sizes and there is apparently no 2048x2048er pic.

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #187 on: 18 Jun 2013, 21:30 »

Was going to post the new picture of Steff, but the images have updated on their own ;)
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #188 on: 18 Jun 2013, 21:43 »

Was going to post the new picture of Steff, but the images have updated on their own ;)

Reposted FYP

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #189 on: 19 Jun 2013, 11:38 »

Why not...

For your delectation I bring you:

My main Bataav

His uncle (though not yet used for RP in any meaningful sense) Teutonii

Teutonii runs a small corporation. Two members are actually alts with specific functions.

First we have co-Director Zhushou, who I'd like to begin RPing with but haven't worked out any of the details for her yet. That's for a different thread though.

And Nneka Taron who will be getting a resculpt. While this portrait doesn't show it, from the front she has a jawline that rivals Stitcher.

#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #190 on: 19 Jun 2013, 19:26 »

* Havohej clears his throat and takes a deep breath...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I was a little annoyed that the same super-dramatic lighting isn't available from the opposite side... I wanted to have the scarred/blinded eye in shadow for subtlety, but had to settle for turning it away from the camera.  Glad to get back the facial piercings the original Havo portrait had, though the same tribal pattern was not among the options.

Not a bad avatar generator, though.  gj CCP.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #191 on: 19 Jun 2013, 22:18 »

I think I'll bite, too.

Holy crap, I'm sorry! I'll pay the overdue book fine right away!

Seriously, Nicoletta looks like someone you would not want to mess with! At the same time, she's quite beautiful, and strikes me as someone who probably broke a lot of hearts a few years ago. I'm picturing a younger Helen Mirren from Red...

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #192 on: 20 Jun 2013, 00:53 »

* Havohej clears his throat and takes a deep breath...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I was a little annoyed that the same super-dramatic lighting isn't available from the opposite side... I wanted to have the scarred/blinded eye in shadow for subtlety, but had to settle for turning it away from the camera.  Glad to get back the facial piercings the original Havo portrait had, though the same tribal pattern was not among the options.

Not a bad avatar generator, though.  gj CCP.

I think unless you have a collared shirt, you can do tricks by turning both head and body to pont at the same direction and then rotate the full body. (Collars are derp, because they're anchored on the neck, and neck does not turn if body and head are both turned the same direction.) The result can be seen in my current forum avatar. (I think. Mith wears a collared shirt on that pic, but the shadow is definately on the left side. And I have distinct memory of playing with the character creator like that. Mith's old portrait is in set 18 on http://eveportraits.com/)
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2013, 00:58 by Mithfindel »

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #193 on: 20 Jun 2013, 01:34 »

I'm picturing a younger Helen Mirren from Red...
I never thought of that, but having heard it, it's quite on the spot of what I was aiming for!  :cube:

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #194 on: 20 Jun 2013, 14:49 »

I decided to tweak Arnulf to match his chibi self's hair colour. Otherwise fairly unchanged.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

After considering the comments made I fiddled with the image a bit more. Oh and I decided to ditch the shades for now.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33