Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fedos are spongy creatures about the size of a cat that smell horrible and are sometimes used for waste disposal on ships? More here!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33

Author Topic: Character Portrait Rating  (Read 111884 times)

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
Re: Character Portrait Rating
« Reply #135 on: 15 Jun 2013, 11:54 »

People tell me Kat looks like a man.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

If Kat looks like a man, she's a man I'd turn for.
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #136 on: 15 Jun 2013, 11:56 »

Rate all you want, but it's not likely Kokobear's portrait will be changing. It's the best/most accurate it has been since 2004.

I miss old Kokobear  :(
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Gabriel Darkefyre

• Clonejack
« Reply #137 on: 15 Jun 2013, 15:28 »

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

This one is good. Same comment about headspace, but the posture is good; it has just enough of a twist to it that it stands out. I'd say the main complaint I have about this one is that there's not a lot of contrast. It's a lot of 'cool' colors: pale brown background, pale face, pale brown/beige outfit. I'd recommend either stronger contrast on the lighting to get some brighter highlights, or changing the background or outfit to have more oppositional colors with each other.

Amended slightly, I've zoomed in by a notch and done a Background swap. None of the other standard jacket options really fitted so I left the clothes as they were.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #138 on: 15 Jun 2013, 15:52 »

I have to admit that I do not like the background change. The uniform, pale shade of beige/brown was perfectly coherent and pleasing to the eye for me This contrast is aggressive.

Gabriel Darkefyre

• Clonejack
« Reply #139 on: 15 Jun 2013, 15:59 »

Aye, have to agree with that. I preferred the more industrial background.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #140 on: 15 Jun 2013, 18:33 »

Here's Saede after some minor updates and the addition of a classy jacket:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #141 on: 15 Jun 2013, 18:45 »

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

This one is good. Same comment about headspace, but the posture is good; it has just enough of a twist to it that it stands out. I'd say the main complaint I have about this one is that there's not a lot of contrast. It's a lot of 'cool' colors: pale brown background, pale face, pale brown/beige outfit. I'd recommend either stronger contrast on the lighting to get some brighter highlights, or changing the background or outfit to have more oppositional colors with each other.

Amended slightly, I've zoomed in by a notch and done a Background swap. None of the other standard jacket options really fitted so I left the clothes as they were.

Yeah, the red background went in entirely the opposite direction. Was too much contrast that way. I think it's probably the lighting that bothers me with it. Something with more highlights to make the character 'stick out' more would work better IMO. It's not bad as it is, though. :)

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #142 on: 15 Jun 2013, 19:20 »

I'm not really sure how I feel about Gwens portrait. I really love the pose and think it looks perfect in the character builder, but the way hair renders is... Not ideal.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2013, 19:26 by Gwen Ikiryo »

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #143 on: 15 Jun 2013, 20:38 »

You're right. It looks like a bird shat in it. Were I to encounter you on the street, I would offer you my second finest handkerchief, and the most genuine expression of compassion I could fake while glaring scornfully heavenward.

(while internally giggling)

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #144 on: 15 Jun 2013, 21:59 »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Havo turned out a little youngish-looking, but not bad, imo.  Might use a plex to make him look a little bit angrier in the future, but the sort of disaffected look is good on him, I think.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #145 on: 15 Jun 2013, 22:30 »

Deleted
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2014, 18:42 by Ayallah »

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #146 on: 16 Jun 2013, 02:43 »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Havo turned out a little youngish-looking, but not bad, imo.  Might use a plex to make him look a little bit angrier in the future, but the sort of disaffected look is good on him, I think.
You need to use PLEX only if you want to change skin tone, bone structure etc. - you can change pose & facial expression when ever you please.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #147 on: 16 Jun 2013, 12:50 »

Sweet!  Thanks for the info

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #148 on: 17 Jun 2013, 17:25 »

Havohej
 :eek: That's not the Havo I know and love.... that's some young punk still wet behind the ears. Good job on the matching eye-color and background, portrait is decent, lacks a bit in character but otherwise ok. Its just that my perception of Havo and this image are just too far apart to properly match up.

Gwen
I like the fact that at least the pose is memorable, but on the other hand: the neck seems too long, the hair renders in a way that distracts from the rest of the portrait and the expression doesn't match. Raised chin, downcast eyes, flat eyebrows and slight smile is not a valid human emotion. Leonardo Da Vinci might be able to pull of such a feat with the Mona Lisa due to excellent compositioning, but in an EVE portrait I prefer stuff that feels more real.

Saede
Love that portrait! Excellent background choice, natural expression, good use of color (ooh, yellow eyes on brown!), good use of facial direction and pose to make the portrait interesting, tattoos and piercings add to the portrait rather than subtract from it. All-around good stuff!

Ayallah
This portrait looks a bit artificial. Perfect looking skin, but then a scar on a dominant spot to distract the attention doesn't work for me. Blue eyes that don't match with the rest of the face, and also conflict with the background color, causing them to be distracting rather than attractive. Can't really tell what kind of expression that is meant to be, doesn't touch any emotional strings in me.

« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2013, 17:32 by Merdaneth »

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #149 on: 17 Jun 2013, 17:29 »

If Kat looks like a man, she's a man I'd turn for.

She does not look like a man, but her expression has aspects typically associated with masculinity. The expression evokes an emotion of challenge. Set mouth, straight fixed chin but with eyes cast up from beneath eyebrows, with no frowning or raising in the eyebrows. The addition of the scar enhances that feeling.

This person means business, and better not mess with her or you'll regret it!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33