Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Hyasyoda megacorporation is part of the 'liberal' faction, but is internally extremely conservative in business and its internal culture, with a great deal of pressure for employees to 'fit in'? It is still largely owned by the founding Osmon family.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33

Author Topic: Character Portrait Rating  (Read 112706 times)

Rok-Yuni

• Egger
Re: Character Portrait Rating
« Reply #90 on: 09 Oct 2012, 06:17 »

Ava is, as always, Ava.. She's great. :)

I agree on the aging point, It seems to be somewhat more apparent on males, I figure the designers just think that women should age less noticeably.

Dilaro and Graelyn look old... but that said, the age thing never touches more than the face... and it is mentioned in TEA, that Falek had the face of an old man but the unblemished and smooth skin of a newborn child... (i'm guessing TonyG meant after they'd cleaned up the goop... :P )

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #91 on: 09 Oct 2012, 06:29 »

Some of my thoughts on the people's pics. Note, I am sticking to the people I know; it is hard to judge a portrait without knowing "the person", at least a little, and while I may NOT like some avatars, if i dont know the character, I cannot say "Yep, fits" or "no, dosent". My 1-10 ratings are pretty arbitrary; they are how much I like THAT INDIVIDUAL PORTRAIT, having nothing to do with what i think of the character or their appearance overall, ok?

Saede: Has a definate "I hang out in alleys near ATMs and smoke cigarettes" vibe. The dark skin and hair works well with the subdued light. 9/10 just because i dont like dark skinned sebbies, heh.

Des: She does creepy, and does it pretty well. The eye makeup in the 1st page pic strikes me as odd, though. Dosent seemto belong? 9.5/10

Graelyn: The salty, crotchety Amarr with a firm, focused expression that ISNT A SCOWL. Kudos for this, one of the best pics in-game. 10/10

Vaun looks young, naieve, and has just the slightest hint of a smirk of superiority. Perfect. 10/10

N'maro is awesome; has a rare look of smugness and superiority that entirely too few Minmatar characters can pull off. Ace. 10/10

Kala: Kala has the blend of disarray, a realistic expression, unusual hair and outfit, and in short, looks very, very individual. I love her kind of faraway look in the profile pic. 10/10.

Silas: Arrogant and smug... and almost too much so, Just like the character herself! Silas' pic fits her, though Ive always wondered about the eyes? Anyway, great pic, 9/10

Istvaan: Dude. 10/10. Seriously. He looks like a psycho... and by this I mean the calculating, not-an-idiot, uses people like postage stamps, psycho. Fitting and very, very unusual. The shaved head works for him, and makes him look even more like "Just an everyday businessman..."

Kentt: Looks like a bad guy in a kung-fu movie, which works. I'd expect to see him trying to cut up Jackie Chan with a switchblade. 10/10, that smirk brings it home.

Lyn: I LOVE her eyes, and her expression, facial structure, and long hair, though I thought short-haired lynn was cute. She looks Matari, yet quite a lot like i picture nefantar. 10/10

Ael: This pic is a good one. I like her outfit, a combo of business and biker, and I like the short hair and serious expression. 9/10

Norrin: He looks like a jock I went to school with, right down to the sunglasses, perfect hair, and smirk. Well done, well done! I even like the jacket. 9/10

Yuni: Reminds me of whats her name from the 5th element. Cool pic, the eyes work very, very well for her. once again, though, why the eye makeup? 8/10

Gottii: THAT PIC. He's scowling, he's down, and he has dreads. Sideways and head down is a pretty unique pose, and I love how i can just make out his eyes in the shadow. 10/10

Ruby: I dont know any of these toons, but wanted to comment; She is so awesome, other than one thing... lip color. Bright pink is just jarring, other than that, I really, really like this pic. A ni-kunni who looks happy and open!  8/10 for Ruby (would be 10/10 from me, but, lip color..!)

John: Looks like an older, slightly frazzled, slightly troubled man, yet with some mischief in his expression. I really like this pic, but the light seems off? 8/10

Red: RED! One of my favorite characters and avatars. Captures "hedonistic gallenteness" without even trying. 10/10, simply for being unusual, pretty, and not duckfaced, but fun and mischeivious.

Leopold: My favorite bad guy from a movie about organized crime in Chinatown. His hair and expression are great. 9/10

Laerise: I loved the old pic much, much more. This one, she looks sort of like a vengeful stepchild, peering around the corner into mom and dad's room while they sleep... is that what you were going for? 6/10

Kat: Kat has the simultaneously most "standard Caldari" yet most immediately recognizable look of any female caldari toon I can think of. She looks very down to business, and a bit like she is planning to steal your car. The lips bring her pic to closure, almost like she is enjoying some joke only she understands. 10/10

Mitara: I love the new pic. She looks happier, yet retains this look of superiority without a look of outright bitchiness. Bonus points for ni-kunni, entirely too few of them in game, and especially in RP. 10/10
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2012, 06:34 by Ava Starfire »

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #92 on: 09 Oct 2012, 06:32 »

Deleted
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2012, 06:58 by Ava Starfire »

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #93 on: 09 Oct 2012, 06:47 »

Both boring, looking out randomly and whatnot.

Wow.

Thank you for this illuminating constructive criticism, Leo. Please, never hesitate to share your nuggets of wisdom.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #94 on: 09 Oct 2012, 10:01 »

Wow.

Thank you for this illuminating constructive criticism, Leo. Please, never hesitate to share your nuggets of wisdom.

Saved me the effort. Leo, you could atl let us know why you came to that conclusion.

Unless ofc, your just trolling.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #95 on: 09 Oct 2012, 10:17 »

Wow.

Saved me the effort. Leo, you could atl let us know why you came to that conclusion.

Unless ofc, your just trolling.

I'm going to guess he's just trolling. ::bitter bitter::

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #96 on: 09 Oct 2012, 10:18 »

Updated my post with a picture!

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #97 on: 09 Oct 2012, 12:51 »

Laerise: I loved the old pic much, much more. This one, she looks sort of like a vengeful stepchild, peering around the corner into mom and dad's room while they sleep... is that what you were going for? 6/10

Actually, yes - or at least kind of  ;)

Someone else was nice enough to photoshop in another background

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #98 on: 09 Oct 2012, 13:57 »

Actually, yes - or at least kind of  ;)

Someone else was nice enough to photoshop in another background
Ah yes, a post card from Laerise's stay on Rens!

:)
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #99 on: 09 Oct 2012, 14:05 »

Is it too late for Aldy to get in on this party?

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #100 on: 09 Oct 2012, 14:15 »

Ouuuuu, now there's a handsome Ni-Kunni!

;)
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #101 on: 09 Oct 2012, 19:46 »

Ruby: I dont know any of these toons, but wanted to comment; She is so awesome, other than one thing... lip color. Bright pink is just jarring, other than that, I really, really like this pic. A ni-kunni who looks happy and open!  8/10 for Ruby (would be 10/10 from me, but, lip color..!)

I like these observations. They confirm that Ruby's fashion sense is indeed off, the way it should be. It bears mention that one of her most commonly worn outfits, as I've described her, include an ankle-length red skirt, a black-and-white-checkered shirt and a long, yellow oilskin coat.

And she definitely friendly and open, so yay for you picking up on that.  :D

Still, I had to do a lot of "lesser evil" choices when I designed Ruby's portrait, in terms of stuff like mouth, hair, facial decoration and clothes. Ideally her lips should be so thin as to hardly be there at all, but that wasn't an option as I remember it. If she has to have them, they should be disharmonic in some way.

Conversely, I'm very, very pleased with the way I made Katla look.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Rok-Yuni

• Egger
« Reply #102 on: 10 Oct 2012, 05:54 »

Yuni: Reminds me of whats her name from the 5th element. Cool pic, the eyes work very, very well for her. once again, though, why the eye makeup? 8/10

Ah, Yuni's makeup and piercings....

simply put, it's her attempt at human fashion... it was originally designed to look a bit overstated and wrong... as she got most of her fashion ideas from capsuleers, and there are a few out there, who raise the 'average percentage of face coverage' up a bit... over time she may well choose different makeup or remove most of it entirely.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #103 on: 10 Oct 2012, 13:55 »

Is it too late for Aldy to get in on this party?

Phlegmatic ni-kunni is phlegmatic.  :cube:

Jalenar Frost

• Clonejack
  • Green Meany
« Reply #104 on: 10 Oct 2012, 22:44 »

just because I stopped by...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I miss my green hair.  :/

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Guess I might as well add Voila too:

[spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: 10 Oct 2012, 23:00 by Jalenar Frost »
"The difference between a warrior and an ordinary man is that a warrior sees everything as a challenge, while an ordinary man sees everything as either a blessing or a curse.
-Don Juan; A Seperate Reality
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33