Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Serpentis stole one of the six Soltueur-class Titans from the Gallente Federation?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33

Author Topic: Character Portrait Rating  (Read 111805 times)

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
Re: Character Portrait Rating
« Reply #15 on: 22 Sep 2012, 10:36 »

Aelish seems to be thinking I'm cute and that we should have coffee sometime... So I ask if her eye is malfunctioning   :P

5 points for the smile, 2 for good background and lighting  :) 7/10

Also, Stern'maro does not approve
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #16 on: 22 Sep 2012, 12:09 »

Ehh...N'maro....I'm really just not a fan. Something about the dark skin, pale eyes, and facial structure just don't seem to go well together. Its not terrible, it just all seems very random. It doesn't pull together very well.

I would drop the tattoo and darken his eyes, or change the hairstyle with one that isn't pulled back as much.

45/100

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #17 on: 22 Sep 2012, 12:28 »

I like N'maro, he looks original and unique. Maybe due to the fact he is maybe the only male vherokior I know but still.

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!
« Reply #18 on: 22 Sep 2012, 12:39 »

In regards to the N'maro picture, imo, if he had more of a close up then a half body picture, a turn of the head some, the red version of that coat, and perhaps a bit different lighting, it could work for him. As it stands in that picture right now, it looks like he's in a bit of a latex suit ... :ugh:

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #19 on: 22 Sep 2012, 12:47 »

I'm editing mine to add my favorite of my previous portraits, which, obviously, I don't have any more. But I got it like this, then changed it on a whim and could never get it back again. I was extremely pleased with the lighting on this one, with the bright light on the far side of her face, and the near side in shadow. Also ♥ The cheekbones :P

« Last Edit: 22 Sep 2012, 18:24 by kalaratiri »

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #20 on: 22 Sep 2012, 16:15 »

Saede Riordan - 85/100
Sid - 80/100

Face / Hair / Background look pretty good, but I'd lose the piercings. Something about the way they've included piercings in this game strikes me as very mid-1990's... With the faces so 'busy' with tattoos I don't think the piercings are adding much visually.

GoGo Yubari - Good posing, keeping it simple and it works 89/100

Gesakaarin - Looks good but I'd lose the ruby-red lipstick.  I feel the ice queen would perhaps go with something a bit more subtle with regards to coloring? 85/100

Desiderya - She looks mean ; ) Might be ok without the cheek art considering the eyeliner already adding a lot of darkness to the face, along with the hard shadows. Looks good though! 90/100

Graelyn - Classic 95/100 Might try some different eye-focus locations but looking good! Nice lighting

Kybernetes Moros - 89/100 I like that it is straightforward with no need for extraneous special add-ons. Very nice and 'real'

Aelisha Montenagre - Looks good but not feeling the face paint 80/100

Nmaro Makari - Good pose, but not digging the corn-rows and the eye coloring. 80/100

kalaratiri - Ace. 95/100.  Great pose, great coloring, good outift to match. Very nice!

And Silas below.  You might recall she went under a bit of a 'makeover' about a year back and changed quite a bit.... Something about wearing all white and being associated with so much bloodshed I kind of like.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 22 Sep 2012, 18:07 »

Silas: first thought: Erzebet Bathory. The lady who bathed in virgin blood to seek immortality had a propensity for wearing white outfits for her dips, if I recall my history of murder. I'm shit with numbers, so I'll just say it's effective.

*sizzle*

Gesakaarin

« Reply #22 on: 22 Sep 2012, 23:24 »

Istvaan: I approve of any character that can pull off the bald aesthetic well and I think the low angle shot conveys the proper sense of power, authority and gravitas that every Caldari leader uses to impress others.

Lacks a proper Mephistoles style goatee though.

90/100

Kentt

• Clonejack
  • "Who Dares Wins"
« Reply #23 on: 23 Sep 2012, 00:27 »

True... Istvaan is lacking that milk-stash.  Can't believe he was once the guy who randomly shot himself on Summit for fun.  He looks more mature.  70/100

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #24 on: 23 Sep 2012, 00:35 »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

@Kennt ; The Concave cheeks and narrow eyes are rather interesting. If the lighting was changed you could make him rather frightening looking. Also he's totally a Necron.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Lyn Farel

« Reply #25 on: 23 Sep 2012, 03:56 »

dat lips, are you making a contest with Muck Raker ?  :D

I like the eyes (color, blending with the tattoos...) and the overall shade.

Concerning Istvaan the overall feeling is very nice. With that light in the background too, looks like he is inviting us into something.

For mine I prefer the old one since I have yet to get it back correctly since ive changed the skintone from too dark to too pale... Obvious lack of middle ground in their skin complexion. :/

edit : another mood on the current portrait

[spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: 23 Sep 2012, 05:49 by Lyn Farel »

NISYN Aelisha

« Reply #26 on: 23 Sep 2012, 04:50 »

Sorry for not adhering to the ratings system but I just don't really find I am any good at 'rating' other people, so I hope a more descriptive evaluation is acceptable. 

Lyn has a kind of peaceful air i can only really think of as a kind of Oracular Priestess/Bene Gesserit vibe - quiet and composed, but able to firmly put someone in their place should the need arise.  Background and skin tone work well and I assume you've used the 'warm'  lighting palette to bring out a healthy glow in her?  Eyes, hair colour, nose and mouth structure all convey Brutor traits which I have always felt should come through strongly - and if as I fee I am incorrectly recalling Lyn is of mixed heritage, she has enough 'soft' features that it comes through.

Over all I think it achieves a calm and composed, yet empowered look with evidence of mixed heritage whilst avoiding stereotypes of either. 

Speaking of stereotypes:

Rok-Yuni

• Egger
« Reply #27 on: 23 Sep 2012, 05:42 »

Ok... quick question before i wade in.

where do i get those there character portraits? need to gather my characters before i can put em up here :)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #28 on: 23 Sep 2012, 05:46 »

Go to your character's profile page on evegate, and click the portrait, a larger version will come up. Just copy the url of the image.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #29 on: 23 Sep 2012, 05:47 »

I think you can even replace the "_512.jpg" last bit by "_1024.jpg" and you will get a 1024 px image instead.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33