Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Myrhial Arkenath was born and raised on Saisio III? Read more here

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33

Author Topic: Character Portrait Rating  (Read 111867 times)

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
Re: Character Portrait Rating
« Reply #405 on: 09 Apr 2015, 01:02 »

Decided to change her nose a little and pull the eyes back a little to make her face have a bit more depth and look a tiny bit more mature, but lost the eye effect I kinda liked in the process. Not sure if it's good or not. Might change it back.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #406 on: 12 Apr 2015, 02:45 »

Decided to change her nose a little and pull the eyes back a little to make her face have a bit more depth and look a tiny bit more mature, but lost the eye effect I kinda liked in the process. Not sure if it's good or not. Might change it back.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I agree, I liked the previous eyes a more. These eyes are just a bit too uncanny valley.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #407 on: 12 Apr 2015, 12:34 »

Needs makeup. Not because she "needs makeup", but because the skintones do not include any sort of realistic color shading without it. The skin around the eyelids is much thinner than elsewhere and tends to show blood vessels and other color variations naturally, even with "perfect skin" of clones. CCP's shaders dont include any of that, so it's the same even skintone all over, like she's wearing foundation everywhere or something.

Nissui

« Reply #408 on: 12 Apr 2015, 13:11 »

Needs makeup. Not because she "needs makeup", but because the skintones do not include any sort of realistic color shading without it. The skin around the eyelids is much thinner than elsewhere and tends to show blood vessels and other color variations naturally, even with "perfect skin" of clones. CCP's shaders dont include any of that, so it's the same even skintone all over, like she's wearing foundation everywhere or something.

To me it's just the eyes that seem that way, but I know nothing of cosmetics.

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #409 on: 12 Apr 2015, 21:23 »

Actually, the eyes are the only place where I have makeup. I have some eye shadow because I noticed how weird they look completely plain.

Nissui

« Reply #410 on: 12 Apr 2015, 21:33 »

Actually, the eyes are the only place where I have makeup. I have some eye shadow because I noticed how weird they look completely plain.

Goddamn it, you have demonstrated my ignorance expertly.  :cry:

Lyn Farel

« Reply #411 on: 13 Apr 2015, 04:20 »

Yes, I have been advised several times by people to put makeup, when there was already some. It proves the point that as long as you don't notice it, it works as a way to accentuate little details and add realism without making it look like makeup.

I also understand that not everyone sees colour the same, or with the same intensity either so...

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #412 on: 14 Apr 2015, 05:40 »

Point taken.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #413 on: 14 Apr 2015, 17:56 »

Hm. My own preference is to stick with what Aria's actually wearing (minimal makeup, if any) and then just mess with expression, angle, and light and shadow until I get something I like.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #414 on: 15 Apr 2015, 19:18 »

I decided subtlety is for ninnies.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #415 on: 16 Apr 2015, 04:53 »

Jace is so hot!  :oops:

Valadeus

« Reply #416 on: 16 Apr 2015, 07:27 »

I haven't changed my portrait since day one...maybe it's time to but I have no idea what to do with it.

Love the new look Jace...ironically, our characters may get along a little better.

Gwen, I like the new look, but I see what you mean about the eyes. Perhaps rotating her look a bit to her left will change the way the light hits them and give you back the effect you had originally?

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #417 on: 19 Apr 2015, 04:03 »

Gwen, I like the new look, but I see what you mean about the eyes. Perhaps rotating her look a bit to her left will change the way the light hits them and give you back the effect you had originally?

Hahah, I think I'd actually changed it from what was posted there originally by the time you made this post. I go through spurts of portrait changing.

In fact, I've already messed with it yet again. Dunno if this new one looks good or not.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #418 on: 19 Apr 2015, 13:33 »

I got Arnulf some arm tatoos because I figured he had way too few body markings for a Minmatar.

Not sure about the expression though, I have a lot of trouble manipulating the engine to produce something decent and tend to play around with lighting more.

Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Vizage

• Egger
« Reply #419 on: 19 Apr 2015, 14:27 »

Recently changed my portrait to go along with Kirstin's newly acquired outfit (thanks Steff!<3!) First real attempt at capturing her giving her best fake smile. 

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33