General Discussion > General Non-RP EVE Discussion

Character Portrait Rating

(1/98) > >>

Saede Riordan:
Heyas!

So, on the General Discussion on the eve forums, there's a thread there to discuss character portraits and rate the person above yours on a scale of 1/10

Well, we're cooler then that, so I thought it might be neat to have a bit more thorough of a character portrait analysis thread.

So look at the character portrait of the person above you, and state your likes, your dislikes, what you would change, and a final score out of 100.

Sid:
0/10 would not pod.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

^
The best.

GoGo Yubari:
5/10

At first sight, it brought to mind Dragon Age (?!). I think tribal patterns are pretty horribly 90s in the way they are presented in Eve, and well, you could lump the piercings in the same category. That sounds a bit harsh and is really criticism more intended at the aesthetic chosen by Eve-O designers than to the avatar-maker.

I like the fact that the character has an actual expression, though. Adds a nice bit of character, even though I'm not sure what he's conveying. Apprehension? Disdain? Hmm.

The mix of mohawk, piercings and tattoos are stylistically a little too much of a hodge-podge. They do convey a sense of rebellion, even if the dude himself doesn't really look all that bad-ass.

That's my impressions!

ArtOfLight:
I don't know the character but since this is about the portrait:

I like it. The casual clothing, light make-up and glasses give her the look of a free-spirit with a slight edge to her. Perhaps she's fiercely independent but laid back. I give bonus points for her not being unrealistically endowed.

7/10

Saede Riordan:
I've always really liked Mal's character design. It just seems to convey a lot of character. It all comes together and just conveys so very much personality. He's like a State version of Malcolm Reynolds.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel the tattoo

If I was gonna change anything, I'd be to see how he looks smiling
95/100

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version