Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sukuuvestaa Corporation, or SuVee as it is commonly known, is the head of the self-proclaimed 'practical' faction within the Caldari State? Read more here.

Author Topic: [LFC] Will Account for RP  (Read 2572 times)

Techie Kanenald

• Egger
  • Beagle
[LFC] Will Account for RP
« on: 09 Oct 2012, 06:01 »

Hi, my name is Techie Kanenald....and I like Accounting.

Not sure what else to put here other than I'm looking to spin up a new character to do just that.  Well, I do need a group to do accounting for, hence why I'm posting here...

If you wish for more info, please feel free to ask...otherwise HALP!  Open to many and varying ideas.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
Re: [LFC] Will Account for RP
« Reply #1 on: 09 Oct 2012, 06:52 »

I'm sort-of looking to buff the market/business/financially shady things side of ANSH a bit. There may be explosions on the side, but they're generally fairly inexpensive ones :3

Drop me a line if you're interested.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 09 Oct 2012, 07:51 »

So, you are saying you would improve the insight LDIS* has into our cash flow beyond my uneducated, half-baked spreadsheet analysis every 3 months?

Hmmm...

And in theory you can do this without much more beyond view access...

*May be dated.

Techie Kanenald

• Egger
  • Beagle
« Reply #3 on: 09 Oct 2012, 08:09 »

For those of you who this'll make sense to, IRL I'm studying Managerial Accounting and hopefully Economics as my majors.

To the rest, I'm very business/project based vs just doing the raw numbers and handing them to someone else to analyse.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 09 Oct 2012, 12:26 »

I-RED always needs good accountants, we pay well.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 09 Oct 2012, 18:18 »

I-RED always needs good accountants, we pay well.
We really need to figure out how to stop competing over people.

For those of you who this'll make sense to, IRL I'm studying Managerial Accounting and hopefully Economics as my majors.

To the rest, I'm very business/project based vs just doing the raw numbers and handing them to someone else to analyse.

Have you considered setting up a corp that offers accounting services to other corporations?

Techie Kanenald

• Egger
  • Beagle
« Reply #6 on: 09 Oct 2012, 18:29 »

Have you considered setting up a corp that offers accounting services to other corporations?

This I have, although it'd be interesting to figure out how to provide it to multiple corporations.  Might have to look into the API, I think?

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 09 Oct 2012, 20:43 »

This I have, although it'd be interesting to figure out how to provide it to multiple corporations.  Might have to look into the API, I think?

I know that the API allows me to share a slew of Market/Wallet data, but is also limited to something like the last 2000 transactions in many cases.  I have pulled out a month's worth of PI Tax data to get an insight into usage over that time period.

For corps with significant market activity the 2000 transactions can occur quickly.

NISYN Aelisha

« Reply #8 on: 10 Oct 2012, 02:31 »

I strongly suggest talking to Chribba, or checking if the Market Discussion Auditing Old Guard are still around.  If you can get some face time with them, they can not only discuss the vagaries and problems (and benefits) of third party activities in eve, but in the latter case provide insight into how corporations are audited (whether for their own books of for in game flotation). 

If you drop by OOC, you may catch me about some time, and though I have never run a third party service, I will gladly discuss how NISYN ran it's recent IPO, and how we are accounting to close it down.  Consider it a 'low on the technical aspects you already know, high on the game trying to shaft your every effort' primer if you want to.

Techie Kanenald

• Egger
  • Beagle
« Reply #9 on: 10 Oct 2012, 04:23 »

I strongly suggest talking to Chribba,

You can talk to Chribba?!  :eek: *always assumed he was like the EVE CEO, you grovel to Him, not talk to Him*

or checking if the Market Discussion Auditing Old Guard are still around.  If you can get some face time with them, they can not only discuss the vagaries and problems (and benefits) of third party activities in eve, but in the latter case provide insight into how corporations are audited (whether for their own books of for in game flotation). 

I think most of them have moved on to greener pastures, after getting shafted by the banks, but I'll still keep looking.

If you drop by OOC, you may catch me about some time, and though I have never run a third party service, I will gladly discuss how NISYN ran it's recent IPO, and how we are accounting to close it down.  Consider it a 'low on the technical aspects you already know, high on the game trying to shaft your every effort' primer if you want to.

Thanks for the offer!

Edited:

Seeing where you think I'm going Aelisha, I figure I need to put this up here for clarity.  I'm not actually looking to provide validity for outside investors.  That's financial accounting.

My vein of accounting deals with "Oh, you want to start X project?  Talk to me, I'll get you set up with the costs and projected profits."  A good example from my experience was looking at the CONCORD LP Store and seeing the isk:LP ratio for the items there. (Yes, I did it...ahead of schedule too, lol)

I've looked at Auditing and Third Party Activities in the past (as described by VV), but it doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for.  I'm more interested in helping people see what they can do with their cash than trying to prove they're worth investing in.
« Last Edit: 10 Oct 2012, 05:13 by Techie Kanenald »

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #10 on: 10 Oct 2012, 06:20 »

I strongly suggest talking to Chribba,

You can talk to Chribba?!  :eek: *always assumed he was like the EVE CEO, you grovel to Him, not talk to Him*

It's complicated.

Techie Kanenald

• Egger
  • Beagle
« Reply #11 on: 10 Oct 2012, 08:17 »

That's what I was basing my idea off of, actually >.>

Techie Kanenald

• Egger
  • Beagle
« Reply #12 on: 10 Oct 2012, 13:59 »

Ok, so character name is Abasi Taron, will post up backstory on Character Development soon.

Put this here so ppl don't look at me confused if I message them.