Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ladette Russeot is a Gallentean woman who in YC106, at age 17, hacked the code used by deadspace warp beacons that had been proclaimed unhackable just days before.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: (My) Personal Roleplay Issues  (Read 1920 times)

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
Re: (My) Personal Roleplay Issues
« Reply #15 on: 05 Sep 2012, 11:48 »

I have to say 'hear, hear' for Gottii here.

Setting yourself small goals according to your personal role-play.

Spiritual and emotional journeys of characters have the tendency to go all Ouroboros on itself if there is no external part in the whole thing.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 Sep 2012, 16:53 »

Unfortunately what CCP don't seem to have realised is, yes, there will always need to be some sort of conflict to drive the game.

And, yes, the four core empires will always be there to spawn new pilots.

But the conflicts don't have to always be about the same things. And they don't need to be between the same sides. This sort of mixing things up might be easier if the major pirate factions where portrayed more like nations in their own right and less like oversized street gangs who are a handy sub-plot for the empire they split from.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #17 on: 06 Sep 2012, 06:04 »

Unfortunately what CCP don't seem to have realised is, yes, there will always need to be some sort of conflict to drive the game.

But the conflicts don't have to always be about the same things. And they don't need to be between the same sides. This sort of mixing things up might be easier if the major pirate factions where portrayed more like nations in their own right and less like oversized street gangs who are a handy sub-plot for the empire they split from.

Another cool aspect would be to give the pirate entities more love as antagonists in their own rights rather than be back-ground annoyance of the highest order that your toons can agonize over, but never kill. I'd love to see a resolution to the Empyrian wars, and a new series of conflicts rising from the Empires declaring wars on the pirate groups, for instance.

@ topic, allot has been said about what you might do, here's another idea.

Building on Gotii's post, you toon might start with small steps to broaden her horizon, for instance by going to the Federation to see how the Federal Minmatar live, and through them gaining more insight into the more general ways of the Republic's ally. From here she could work on building contacts and finding companions who share her vision and perhaps be willing to help out with anything she decides to do?

She could also make a trip to the Empire and see if she can learn more about how most Imperial Minmatar actually live - she would like to resolve the conflict? Then knowing how 'the other side' thinks and acts may be a good idea.

Also, I'll echo the sentiments form others; the 'overall plot' won't be moving to much anytime soon. It won't be to wise, relying on it for your toon's overall motivation - you will need 'smaller' interest-raisers to keep you going, tying into the bigger ones. Lots of small goals can be crammed into your life mission, I'm sure. ;)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #18 on: 06 Sep 2012, 07:39 »

Another cool aspect would be to give the pirate entities more love as antagonists in their own rights rather than be back-ground annoyance of the highest order that your toons can agonize over, but never kill. I'd love to see a resolution to the Empyrian wars, and a new series of conflicts rising from the Empires declaring wars on the pirate groups, for instance.

Totally agreed
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.
Pages: 1 [2]