Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Guristas pirate organization was started by two deserters from the Caldari navy? Fatal and the Rabbit?

Author Topic: Lurking again  (Read 1027 times)

Saikoyu

• Omelette
Lurking again
« on: 18 Sep 2012, 10:52 »

Hey all to those who know me from before, and to all those who might not, hi for the first time.

Unfortunately, I'm not back in EvE, but I got bitten by the bug, so I'm actively lurking while I figure out stuff (TM) and see if I can get my fix this way.  I ended up trying to get my MMO fix in Star Trek Online with a Brony fleet (yes you read that right), but its just not EvE.  Sometimes it is ammusing listening to the PvPer's and Klingon fans whine, but it gets old fast. 

So, what's up all?  I have heard of Goons hijacking FW, cap booster powered shield boosters, and other strange things.  But I see Vaari is still crazy, so that's still good. 

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: Lurking again
« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2012, 11:22 »

Heya Saik, welcome back.

Yeah, we've got major changes on the board. Tiericide is redoing every ship in the game, Cap booster powered shield boosters, TDs that effect missiles, new dessies coming out...things are interesting yeah.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Sid

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 18 Sep 2012, 15:26 »

Welcome back. ^^

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 18 Sep 2012, 17:56 »

Yeah, even aside from the goons hijacking FW (CCP took their "earnings" away anyhow), FW has become little more than a colossal LP farm of varying degrees. It's impossible to regard it even as a permanently stalemated war anymore.

Aside, however - it's real good to see you again!
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Leopold Caine

• Egger
  • Angels are never far...
« Reply #4 on: 19 Sep 2012, 03:37 »

Ohai. Has cookies, shake hands with Mr. Coon etc.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 19 Sep 2012, 08:07 »

Good to see you all, or all again, as well.  *snags a cookie*  I have yet to find a group as crazy, in a good way, as you guys. 

Huh, well, with all that LP, I guess datacores took a nose dive then.  I want my skill points back.  So, what does the carebear do in EvE these days?  The old twins, mine and mission still popular?

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 19 Sep 2012, 11:21 »

Incursions are no longer free bags of ISK, but they aren't half bad either - still easily capable of plexing an account with a few hours a week.

If you don't mind running a huge family of alts, FW hopping is the fad of the moment; this seems slated to change come the winter expansion, however.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Norrin Ellis

« Reply #7 on: 25 Sep 2012, 03:37 »

Couldn't stay away from me, eh?

Welcome back!