Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The CBD megacorporation is a major importer/exporter in the State?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The Kiddies in the Summit, still?  (Read 20580 times)

Desiderya

Re: The Kiddies in the Summit, still?
« Reply #15 on: 22 Aug 2012, 09:49 »

I dont see any issue with it, really, as long as they behave.

Sorry its immersion breaking. So are the fucking strawman amarr alts parading slaves about that I cant go kill.
Make that every RPer who parades big claims around but sits in station all day. ;)

Reyd Karris

« Reply #16 on: 22 Aug 2012, 10:04 »

Make that every RPer who parades big claims around but sits in station all day. ;)
But... but... I made 250,000,000 ISK in 3 minutes sitting in station...  :cry:

Seriously though, I have no problem with kids in The Summit if it is handled properly. A kid character talking like an adult, yeah, I'm just going to ignore. A child character being able to do so without a parent? Yeah, sorry. The Summit tends towards the PG-13 to R rating, and as such, if I were in charge I would require children to be accompanied by an adult or designated guardian. It's just common sense. This would apply to child players as well, to avoid certain sticky legal issues that may arise if things go a bit too far in the channel.

Now, children can play EVE if their parent makes the account for them. I'd imagine a kid of a roleplayer may want to roleplay as well. As a parent I'd keep an eye on my child/children, and if they were logging in without me present, you could sure as hell bet I'd be cancelling the account (and changing the password and permission settings on my computer as necessary).

As a parent, most child characters break my immersion. Not because they are kids, but because I'd be tempted to hunt their parent down and smack them upside the head and say, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING!?"

Khloe

• Silent Watcher
  • Egger
« Reply #17 on: 22 Aug 2012, 10:16 »

What we really need is a ball room. Not for dancing... a room full of colored balls. Kids love those.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #18 on: 22 Aug 2012, 10:21 »

EVERYONE loves ball rooms/pits.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Marcus Gord

• Mathfail Silverback
  • Egger
  • Soldier of Fortune
« Reply #19 on: 22 Aug 2012, 11:46 »

The only issue with ballpits is that someone would have to fish small Achur out of it every so often....
Stormcrows.

Will pay for good sig. Enquire within.

You can't take the sky from me

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #20 on: 22 Aug 2012, 13:00 »

As a parent, most child characters break my immersion. Not because they are kids, but because I'd be tempted to hunt their parent down and smack them upside the head and say, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING!?"

WHAT IN ALL HELLS ARE YOU THINKING YOU IDIOT EXPOSING YOUR CHILD TO OTHER MASS MURDERERS SOME OF WHOM MIGHT EVEN DISLIKE YOU ENOUGH THAT THEY WOULD SEEK TO DO HARM TO YOUR CHILD WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO EXPLAIN TO YOU IN GRUESOME DETAIL JUST HOW THAT CAN HAPPEN NO I THINK NOT AND YES UNLIKE YOU THAT CHILD CAN BE KILLED PERMANENTLY YOU DEGENERATE WASTE OF BIOMASS THAT I AM ALMOST CERTAIN BARELY QUALIFIES AS SENTIENT!

That's Celeste's standard mental reaction to children on the Summit.

Yes, there's a reason I don't let her genuinely speak her mind that often.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 22 Aug 2012, 13:01 »

The only issue with ballpits is that someone would have to fish small Achur out of it every so often....

I'm sure Aria's training means she'll be able to look after herself.

[Edited for grammatical agreement.]
« Last Edit: 22 Aug 2012, 13:07 by Matariki Rain »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #22 on: 22 Aug 2012, 13:05 »

WHAT IN ALL HELLS ARE YOU THINKING YOU IDIOT EXPOSING YOUR CHILD TO OTHER MASS MURDERERS SOME OF WHOM MIGHT EVEN DISLIKE YOU ENOUGH THAT THEY WOULD SEEK TO DO HARM TO YOUR CHILD WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO EXPLAIN TO YOU IN GRUESOME DETAIL JUST HOW THAT CAN HAPPEN NO I THINK NOT AND YES UNLIKE YOU THAT CHILD CAN BE KILLED PERMANENTLY YOU DEGENERATE WASTE OF BIOMASS THAT I AM ALMOST CERTAIN BARELY QUALIFIES AS SENTIENT!

That's Celeste's standard mental reaction to children on the Summit.

Yes, there's a reason I don't let her genuinely speak her mind that often.

And this is partly why I <3 Celeste.

I'm sure Aria's training means she's be able to look after herself.

He wasn't referring to Aria. :lol:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Reyd Karris

« Reply #23 on: 22 Aug 2012, 13:19 »

What are your thoughts on Jove children that are born full-grown and mature?

/runs_away

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #24 on: 22 Aug 2012, 13:29 »

What are your thoughts on Jove children that are born full-grown and mature?

/runs_away

Mine?  "Uh ... didn't Greg Bear do something like that in EON?  Was it EON?  I don't remember.  It was the one with the big asteroid from the future, or another civilization, and part of it was this young physics professor trying to get back home pre-nuclear holocaust via the magic of alternate universes, but that wasn't the plot line, it was the one where the two people from the future combined their qualities into a young AI which then became human, or maybe I'm thinking of the JOEI plotline from  --- why is the refrigerator alarm going off?"

I'll let you know what the others think if they ever run into any.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #25 on: 22 Aug 2012, 17:21 »

We can make a game out of it.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #26 on: 23 Aug 2012, 05:27 »

Azdan's typical response to seeing children in a place like the Summit:

"Do your parents know you're here?"

If no, "How do you think they'd react if they were told?" Inform parents.

If yes, "Really? Fascinating." Engage in pedagogical instruction to parent why this is a bad idea, reaffirm belief that the entire cluster needs to be "educated" in proper Amarr fashion.

:roll: :cube:
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #27 on: 23 Aug 2012, 06:24 »

Tibs reaction is to scare that kid the fuck away before someone worse finds them. \o/
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...
« Reply #28 on: 23 Aug 2012, 06:36 »

Isn't really a problem I've seen. I can see how it would become immersion breaking quickly if it was a common thing. Yeah, your kids wandered onto the feed. It happens, you know? But it's a one-off.

For instance, maybe you accidentally end up nude on camera. Woah, boy. Embarrassing! But it happens to people. Now back when these slips were happening on a daily basis... then yes, it also got extremely immersion breaking.

I'd suggest to lean on the side of - if you think it'll be disruptive and also nonconstructive, don't do it.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #29 on: 23 Aug 2012, 09:36 »

Isn't really a problem I've seen. I can see how it would become immersion breaking quickly if it was a common thing. Yeah, your kids wandered onto the feed. It happens, you know? But it's a one-off.

For instance, maybe you accidentally end up nude on camera. Woah, boy. Embarrassing! But it happens to people. Now back when these slips were happening on a daily basis... then yes, it also got extremely immersion breaking.

I'd suggest to lean on the side of - if you think it'll be disruptive and also nonconstructive, don't do it.

The reasons these 'slips' happen on a daily basis is because each individual person 'only does it once'. While it's the first and only time for their character, it's the umpteenth time for the channel. So you have an unrealistic frequency of nudity slips or kids on the feed.

Nothing happens literally by chance in roleplay. It happens by choice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6