Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The voice of the AI on capsuleer ships was recorded by Excena Foer? Read more here

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: The Kiddies in the Summit, still?  (Read 20583 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
The Kiddies in the Summit, still?
« on: 21 Aug 2012, 12:11 »

This is still going on?

99.9% of 'children' throwaway alts I've seen on the Summit have been (in my opinion) OOC/IC annoying and frankly immersion-breaking (again in my opinion).

I grant a half exception to Inhonores' child as that has been a long established character with some actual depth, who I have no ooc issues with but will still deride IC when I see them. 

....While children turning the summit into a virtual daycare center has not been outright banned as of yet I will continue to IC deride and make 'unpleasant' any 'children' I see connecting to the channel, within moderation rules of course. 

And before we get any rage argument threading let's all discuss this reasonably and calmly

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: The Kiddies in the Summit, still?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2012, 12:40 »

children ? o.O

other than Anette Inhonores, or Camille Roth ? Those are the only two that I can think of offhand ?
\o/

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2012, 12:42 »

One joined in yesterday, and some of us tried to scare her off.  It was a Meiyi, iirc.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2012, 12:43 »

Are you talking about Gwen? She's 26.

One joined in yesterday, and some of us tried to scare her off.  It was a Meiyi, iirc.
Meiyi is one of the pregen names, so this might be a different person than the other Meiyis we have running around.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2012, 12:44 »

Are you talking about Gwen? She's 26.
I lol'ed.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #5 on: 21 Aug 2012, 12:44 »

She's talking about Jennifer Meiyi who said she was 8 and was in The Summit without her mother's permission (after confirming that her mother was Evelyn Meiyi).
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #6 on: 21 Aug 2012, 12:48 »

Ahh. Thank you! I haven't interacted with this character yet.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #7 on: 21 Aug 2012, 12:54 »

Personally I (and Morwen, due to actually having spent time interacting with the characters outside of the Summit) have always tended to give Anette and Camille a lot of leeway as they've been established as characters outside of the Summit for a long while, and extensively so. New ones get the usual dose of skepticism and "what the fuck are you doing here, and more importantly, what the fuck are your parents doing allowing you here?" until they can prove themselves worth the bandwidth.

Camille and Anette also had this irritating (read: infinitely gigglefit-inducing) habit of behaving better than the majority of the supposedly-mature "adults" present in the Summit more often than not. That said, children generally fall under the "baseliner" policy last I remember, so their presence is entirely by the grace of Mod, so to speak. I'm pretty sure if they stepped out of line or made a particular nuisance of themselves, they'd get dealt with. ;)
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #8 on: 21 Aug 2012, 13:55 »

Well, that escalated quickly.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 21 Aug 2012, 14:01 »

Like I said, Immersion-breaking.

I'm having difficulty figuring out ways or reasons why an 8-year old would have access to, or even know how to interphase with capsuleer broadcast equipment, or even have the proper implants. 

I also haven't had many business conference calls with children picking up the phone at one end and chatting with the rest of us, either.

Or telephone calls in general where this ever, ever happens.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #10 on: 21 Aug 2012, 14:02 »

Actually, I have. >.>

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 21 Aug 2012, 14:06 »

Actually, I have. >.>

Haha fair enough. Do the call participants stop their conversation to have a long chat with the child?

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #12 on: 21 Aug 2012, 14:10 »

In most cases they go "Haha, is that a kid?  Hey sweetie" for a while and then after someone pulls the kid away it's back to business.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #13 on: 21 Aug 2012, 21:41 »

I'm having difficulty figuring out ways or reasons why an 8-year old would have access to, or even know how to interphase with capsuleer broadcast equipment, or even have the proper implants. 

I also haven't had many business conference calls with children picking up the phone at one end and chatting with the rest of us, either.

Or telephone calls in general where this ever, ever happens.

In Cami's case, Ashar gave her access permissions, IC, quite some time ago - codes that allow her to connect via a comm-drone.

And I've had many a conference call interupted by the child of one of the participants - it's a hazard of working across time-zones where at least one of the people involved is probably at home, at dinner or breakfast time.  Not to say that it's a good thing, or that characters should regard it as a good thing - in my experience, people's reactions tend to vary according to their attitude to children and their presence in adult space - which has been my experience of capsuleer attitudes to children in the summit too - which is just good RP, no?
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #14 on: 22 Aug 2012, 08:52 »

I dont see any issue with it, really, as long as they behave.

Sorry its immersion breaking. So are the fucking strawman amarr alts parading slaves about that I cant go kill.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6