Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That small robots called "cleaner bugs" are used to keep space station areas free of refuse? (The Burning Life p. 74)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Our situation  (Read 2020 times)

ArtOfLight

Our situation
« on: 27 Jul 2012, 18:19 »

Alright everyone,

Many of you know that I recently put Malcolm down and passed off WHG to Desiderya. I did this under the guise of no longer wanting to play Malcolm, etc, etc.

The truth is that my wife and I have been keeping some extended family troubles quiet and trying to go on our daily lives in spite of them. My time has been consumed lately and my attention has been focused elsewhere, because of this I felt that I needed to hand WHG off so that it wouldn't get held back by me. I do apologize for those I was actively involved with and any troubles this may cause; Desiderya is committed to trying to keep WHG committed and involved in my absence. (The honest truth is that I may not ever go back to Malcolm if things in RL pan out the way the look like they're going to).

As to our situation...

To keep the situation simple and somewhat distant, some indecent activities of my father's history with his children (my two younger brothers, not me) and my sister-in-law have recently come to light. Apparently it had been going on for many years.

When confronted with this, my father confessed to his wife and two days later has absolutely vanished. We were left everything that could've been used to trace him and we have the police investigating. We fear the worst as all the signs point to my dad seeking to end his own life.

My mother is understandably devastated, I'm very much emotionally drained and my time has been utterly consumed this past week with everything that's been going on.

I want to extend an apology to everyone that has been trying to get in touch with me and for those I committed to RP events and situations with, and for stepping away from WHG. I pray you guys will forgive me for these issues. Hopefully things will turn out better than we fear, we'll try to be in game as often as we can (it helps to get things out of mind occasionally and just have fun).

For those of you that pray, please keep us in your prayers. For those of you that don't, please remember us in your thoughts. I'm not normally one to make a big scene out of my RL problems and issues but this situation is bigger than me.

Thanks.

Syylara/Yaansu

• Egger
Re: Our situation
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jul 2012, 18:44 »

RL always trumps the game.

I pray you guys will forgive me for these issues.

Stop that.

A proper sense of priorities requires no forgiveness.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jul 2012, 19:21 »

This is a terrible situation, man, and I'm sorry to hear you have to face such a challenge.  No apology is necessary, of course, but I am not surprised to see you asking forgiveness.  Don't worry about it.  I respect your courage in airing the details and I hope for the best.  WHG plans to keep calm and carry on.  I hope you and the wife are able to do the same during this time.  We appreciate what you've done for the corp and the place you fill in this community.  You'll be in my thoughts.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jul 2012, 19:30 »

Praying for you, in the active present and foreseeable future senses. Take care of your family and yourself.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jul 2012, 19:38 »

Good luck. I truly hope you will be able to sort this out quickly and with the minimum possible stress and upset. I'll miss you both while you're away, and I hope I'll see you again soon.

As others have said, there is no reason to ask for forgiveness, you've done nothing that requires it.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #5 on: 27 Jul 2012, 19:56 »

Bright stars and clear horizons o7
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Sentar Dethahal

• Clonejack
« Reply #6 on: 27 Jul 2012, 22:01 »

I am really, really sorry to hear this.  I will most certainly be praying, and hope it improves.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #7 on: 27 Jul 2012, 22:48 »

Sounds like you chose a correct course of action.

btw, do you need anyone to annihilate Ken with the appropriate amount of collateral damage?

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Vikarion

« Reply #8 on: 27 Jul 2012, 22:55 »

Oh hell. Well, I haven't interacted with you much, but I understand the family thing a little. Good luck - you'll need it - and I hope everything turns out as best it can. If you can, please do bring Malcolm back, he's so much fun to read on the IGS, but RL first and always.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 27 Jul 2012, 23:55 »

Take care of yourself and your family as best you can. 
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #10 on: 28 Jul 2012, 00:17 »

Take care, man.

ArtOfLight

« Reply #11 on: 28 Jul 2012, 01:28 »

It didn't take long.

My father is dead. According to the detectives that found his body, he used a twin-barrel 20 gauge shotgun and a single shot to the head. He was about 400 yards into the woods behind where he worked, still wearing his work clothing.

Cameras on site showed him leaving his job at around 7pm Thursday evening, estimated time of death was between 8pm and 9pm that evening.

It was instant.

Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers, we have a long, hard road ahead of us.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #12 on: 28 Jul 2012, 01:40 »

Sending positive thoughts your way. All the best.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #13 on: 28 Jul 2012, 02:25 »

I'm so sorry to hear that. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #14 on: 28 Jul 2012, 05:32 »

I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts my friend, best wishes from myself and my family.

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean
Pages: [1] 2