Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That being a cruel slaver is actually a fitting description for Angel Cartel members as well?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [Chron] 514  (Read 5255 times)

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
[Chron] 514
« on: 24 Jul 2012, 09:14 »

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/514_%28Chronicle%29

Quite good imo. Lots of fun implications for Arek'Jaalan/Synenose Accord roleplay, and sets up the scenario for 514 quite neatly.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
Re: [Chron] 514
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2012, 10:18 »

Very good chronicle indeed.

Oh, and on the "What is 514"-questions:

"Which test reveals more of the soul, the test that a man will take to prove his faith, or the test that finds the man who believed his faith already proven? If you know this answer, then you also know which of these challenges bear the greatest penalty for failure. The gates of paradise will open for you one time only; woe to the soul who dares to knock twice." - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 5:14

Though, this chronicle seems to hint that 514 might coincide with something completely else.
« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2012, 10:20 by Myyona »
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2012, 10:22 »

Faceless helmet... looks like a Dust Mercenary. Small clicking sounds? Maybe he's gone crazy or taken over by the Sleepers. Maybe this is a taste of the PvE experience that will launch with DUST 514?

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2012, 10:24 »

The Blood Raiders do also have end of times prophecies of blood red skies. This was mentioned when the wormholes first opened if I'm right, the first system entered had a red nebula. When the news reached back, lots of Sani Sabik came to streets telling that the world was about to end*, simplifying things a lot for the MIO.

*) And we did not listen!

Edit: I thought it was told that solo missions would be against Rogue Drones? No idea about the attackers, could be soldiers taken over by Sleepers, Sansha or capsuleers. Also Jamyl getting cloned again? As Jamyl mentioned, three of the present were capsuleers. That said, there seems to be a bit of a problem, unless they had pods with them, there would be no flash scans, and with backup scans, none of them could remember what was spoken.

Also a corporal with a sergeant as a second. Oh well.
« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2012, 10:31 by Mithfindel »

Tykari

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2012, 10:30 »

I'm loving it. Interesting tidbits, more questions, can't wait for more.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #5 on: 24 Jul 2012, 10:45 »

[spoiler]
“It is not a privilege, Executor,” replied Sarum. “It is the curse that has doomed the Empyreans from the beginning. It is true that there are some of them who are devoted still to causes greater than themselves, but the vast majority are so disconnected from reality that they exist in a realm all of their own, where none of the people they perceive to be lesser are worth any consideration at all.”
[/spoiler]

Favourite line right there.

I like Tibus Heth's naive take on capsuleers, since he's the only one there who isn't one.

Gessenier

« Reply #6 on: 24 Jul 2012, 10:59 »

[spoiler]
Quote from: 514 chron
"We are about to be pulled out of here in the next thirty seconds," said Jamyl Sarum, looking at the only three colleagues she had in the world. "Three of us will be instantly safe. I do not know about you, Dear Executor."
[/spoiler]

Hmm.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #7 on: 24 Jul 2012, 11:10 »

Why is everyone using unshielded electronic weapons if EMP is such a common first strike tactic? Nobody had backup weapons? Seriously.

ArtOfLight

« Reply #8 on: 24 Jul 2012, 11:28 »

This is really interesting...really interesting.

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #9 on: 24 Jul 2012, 11:40 »

I enjoyed it. It screams serial chronicle to me, but I'm alright with that if they all keep up the same quality. Seeing the empires' leaders as competent politicians with their own personalities for once was refreshing -- although I do hope that 514 reaches an elaboration that's somewhere in the middle ground of "easy psychological horror that goes unexplained" and "Templar One-style reveal everything".

If it is a serial, I'm curious to see if they'll bring in the Arkombine at all. The concept is a neat one, especially taken alongside what's been said here.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #10 on: 24 Jul 2012, 11:41 »

we've been making these happen for decades, and the secret's never been spilled

Ok, except everyone now knows.

other than that, well, no sleeper brain lobes in dust troopers is good, I think.
\o/

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 24 Jul 2012, 14:52 »

Possibly related

ARKOMBINE
The Arkombine are a splinter group of disillusioned clone soldiers. Betrayed by the nations they swore to serve, they now seek independence and a way out of this life. Their ranks are comprised of clone soldiers from all four of the major factions.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #12 on: 24 Jul 2012, 15:17 »

as an aside, there were 2 (or more!) chronicles on the DUST site that are no longer on the DUST site.

the 2 that I knew the titles of were "morning prayer" and "the collection".

:\
\o/

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #13 on: 24 Jul 2012, 15:34 »

'Morning Prayer' is still available on the Evelopedia.

I liked this chron a ton. I loved the subtle interactions between the 4 racial leaders - as Seriphyn put it, Jamyl is always looking at the bigger picture, Roden is the cautious diplomat, Shakor the wizened but cynical one, and Heth the militaristic dictator. They all have their unique flavor in how they act, and I approved.

Also, I was thinking - by merit of Jamyl's little invention (assuming she wasn't lieing about what it is), doesn't this also make the "larger universal storyline" described in Templar One - the Other, the Sleepers, Jovian history, etc - largely irrelevant to the basic DUST player?
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #14 on: 24 Jul 2012, 15:36 »

Yeah, Morning Prayer was one of my favorites. I guess CCP didn't like the idea of the Amarr being the victim for a change - much too humanizing!

Also, very nice to see the leader characters in the hands of other writers that take their personalities and factions seriously.
Pages: [1] 2 3