Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Lonetrek dialect of the Caldari language is sometimes called the "throat infection" dialect?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Where will you be twenty years from now?  (Read 5706 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: Where will you be twenty years from now?
« Reply #30 on: 20 May 2010, 06:01 »

Trust me, you don't even have to reach 40 to be all grizzled and grumpy.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #31 on: 20 May 2010, 17:54 »

I'm looking forward to being the 40 year old, grouchier-than-he-should-be-for-his-age English professor who shows up to class in a surplus WWII British trench coat and carrying a small thermos of "mineral water" and belittles the majority of his class for bringing up movies he dislikes as examples of Byronic heroism.

I'm just extrapolating possibilities based on current trends in my life, of course.

So Niko Bellic mixed with Dr. House, then.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #32 on: 20 May 2010, 20:17 »

I'm looking forward to being the 40 year old, grouchier-than-he-should-be-for-his-age English professor who shows up to class in a surplus WWII British trench coat and carrying a small thermos of "mineral water" and belittles the majority of his class for bringing up movies he dislikes as examples of Byronic heroism.

I'm just extrapolating possibilities based on current trends in my life, of course.

So Niko Bellic mixed with Dr. House, then.

Well, essentially. I love the first one already (we share a first name, gotta love it). As for House... I'm not a fan, but I can always appreciate fellow misanthropic cynics.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #33 on: 21 May 2010, 16:19 »

Jeeze, and I thought I was cynical.

In 20 years?  Hopefully not a grandparent.  Hopefully still employed at a good paying job.  Hopefully able to pay for the kids' college somewhat.  Still married.  Hopefully without major medical problems.  And of course, still addicted to EVE, and snorting at all the young whippersnappers from my little high-sec empire. 

Or pessimistically, dead, or wishing I was.

Really pessimistically, fleeing from the zombie apocalypse, or welcoming our robot overlords.

Nikilaiki Ruutarhara

« Reply #34 on: 25 May 2010, 07:12 »

I'll be 50.  'Nuff said.
Pages: 1 2 [3]