Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The founder of Zainou Biotech, Todo Kirkinen, was the first person to have his mind transfered into a machine? Ishukone owns a majority stake of Zainou.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: What sorts of characters would you like to see more of?  (Read 12062 times)

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
Re: What sorts of characters would you like to see more of?
« Reply #90 on: 10 Aug 2012, 16:52 »

Less "Look how evil I am! I control everything and am a shady criminal mastermind!" Who never undock

What relevance does undocking have to being a criminal mastermind? Seems a rather simple-minded approach to being a criminal mastermind, blowing up ships with other ships... how quaint and petty, really. I'll leave the killboard heroes to masturbate over their efficiency and k/d ratios; my work tends to be more subtle, and verbal in nature... and really, once you've used words to alter the map of Eve Online, using ships to beat up other ships seems like the roundabout, unnecessarily laborious way to do it.

« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2012, 16:56 by hellgremlin »

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #91 on: 10 Aug 2012, 18:30 »

Seems people thought I meant the things I said at individuals. Other than my 1st line, actually, none of it was, and I certainly didnt have Lyn or Istvaan in mind for either.

Ill go back to playing eve wrong, I guess.

ArtOfLight

« Reply #92 on: 10 Aug 2012, 19:27 »

Seems people thought I meant the things I said at individuals. Other than my 1st line, actually, none of it was, and I certainly didnt have Lyn or Istvaan in mind for either.

Ill go back to playing eve wrong, I guess.

I wouldn't take it personally Ava. People are passing off opinions and that doesn't automatically make them the majority opinion or right in any way. You shared your opinions as well, which are neither right nor majority by default.

Also, I don't think anyone accused you of playing the game wrong. Just have fun. :)

hellgremlin

• Pod Captain
« Reply #93 on: 10 Aug 2012, 19:48 »

I wasn't offended or anything. I just get *antsy* when people equate PVP performance and "undocking" with other aspects of the game, as if being proficient in one is absolutely required for the other. I'm shit at PVP, and the first to admit it, partly due to my name causing me to be rapidly primaried in any mass engagement. But I've talked people into handing me motherships. I've hijacked others when I felt like it. My people can join *any* alliance in Eve at their leisure, with their mains, because said alliances recognized long ago that *they can't stop us* from getting at their deepest secrets, and it's just easier to let us in when we ask - more fun for everyone involved that way. Most of my grand achievements have come without having to touch the F1 key. The next guy below me, whom I see as my rightful successor, is still stuck managing his giant fucking alliance, whereas I have evolved my criminal bastardry to a level that exceeds such petty regional concerns. I have enough assets to play this game approximately three times longer than my natural projected life-span. I squish the entirety of New Eden between my fingers like so much plasticine, and just because the ennui of raw, uncountered godhood means I enjoy the inside of a station more than the middle of a thousand-ship furball, doesn't mean I am not a motherfucking criminal MASTERMIND.

Ok so maybe I was a *bit* offended. Enough of this derail. I'm drunk. I'll probably delete this post tomorrow when I realize how many hints I just gave away.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #94 on: 10 Aug 2012, 20:46 »

Sorry I said anything.
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2012, 20:50 by Ava Starfire »

hellgremlin

• Pod Captain
« Reply #95 on: 10 Aug 2012, 20:49 »

No, no, I get you, my previous post was an onslaught of masturbation. Let's all agree that we value different skillsets, is all - politely ;)

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #96 on: 10 Aug 2012, 20:50 »

No, no, I get you, my previous post was an onslaught of masturbation. Let's all agree that we value different skillsets, is all - politely ;)

Fair enough.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]