Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That "because of Falcon" is passé?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: What sorts of characters would you like to see more of?  (Read 12060 times)

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
Re: What sorts of characters would you like to see more of?
« Reply #30 on: 23 Jul 2012, 21:54 »

Already got them, doesn't TS-F have that kind of network?

It would depend on which type of telepaths we are talking about, but our cybernetic networking essentially functions like mind-communication. The more fanciful varieties are currently [REDACTED]
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #31 on: 24 Jul 2012, 05:16 »

Yeah, I wasn't really thinking 'telepath' meant like a neural network.  Telepath, to me, speaks of someone who can, without the aid of technological innovation, read someones mind.

a neural network, on the other hand, just seems like "a telephone inside your head."
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #32 on: 24 Jul 2012, 05:28 »

- Ruthless gallente.

Does being a deeply social consertive, latent Garouni fundamentalist and royalist combined with right-wing militarism and hawkish support of the Federal Military-Industrial complex as the CEO of a shadowy and dubious corporate front count?

You are the only one I know.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #33 on: 24 Jul 2012, 06:11 »

Hans and Bastian. They are pretty nasty characters.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #34 on: 24 Jul 2012, 06:13 »

Hans and Bastian. They are pretty nasty characters.

Octirant has been succeeded nicely.

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #35 on: 24 Jul 2012, 06:21 »

- Straight women;
- Gay guys;
- Bastards -- screw this peaceful co-existence shit, I'm rich and fucking powerful;
- Minor factions (hello EoM and SoE);
- Sciencey types who understand the vague ideas they're talking about rather than blathering about roughly technological-sounding things.

No idea if these overlap with anybody else's: I deliberately avoided checking.

ArtOfLight

« Reply #36 on: 24 Jul 2012, 06:57 »

• Straight women
  • Non-angry, intelligent Minmatar
  • Non-derp and :lolslavery: Amarr
  • Caldari Practicals
  • Cutthroat Gallente
  • Dangerous cults (EoM, Blood Raiders)
  • Average Joes (Just going about my business, kthxbai)

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #37 on: 25 Jul 2012, 09:04 »

More terrestrial heterosexual female characters.

Yes, please.  My alts* need more meatshields.

*Not Vieve, for reasons that are probably not obvious.  Nor Celeste, because she can just make her own.

Gymir Asaadan

• Clonejack
« Reply #38 on: 25 Jul 2012, 09:42 »

• Non-angry, intelligent Minmatar
  • Cutthroat Gallente

Of these two, can you expand a bit more on them, even if just via PM, also to Lyn, wondering about what you mean re: ruthless Gallente?
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
-Buddha

Lyn Farel

« Reply #39 on: 25 Jul 2012, 10:58 »

People like Gessenier or Octirant/Nardieu or maybe Valoron. I forgot about the three latter, shame on me.

ArtOfLight

« Reply #40 on: 25 Jul 2012, 11:21 »

I'll expand happily, with a disclaimer.

DISCLAIMER: This is by no means a slight against any player, player group or player character; this is not an attempt to tell others how to play.

Alright, as to the first: There's an abundance of Minmatar whose sole motivation seems to be the absolute destruction of the Amarr Empire and, by extension, anything that they perceive as a threat to the Minmatar people. While this is certainly believable and understandable from a lore and PF perspective, it's also the norm. It'd be nice to see more Minmatar who maybe want to just live an ordinary life apart from slavery, war, death etc. Perhaps Minmatar that focus on supplying aid to needy planets in the Republic, or maybe even sub-clan leaders trying to simply "move on" from the past and look toward the future. The "intelligent" qualifier was meant to suggest that I'd like to see these Minmatar not just be "let's love everyone!" characters and not be portrayed as idiots or incompetent - but rather be intelligent, even thoughtful characters who are on this path because they choose to be.

To the second, I refer to Gallente who either pretend to be white knights while engaging in underhanded politics, corporate warfare, sabotage, espionage, etc. Or even Gallente who are just completely honest about the fact that they're not interested in being the "good guys," they're interested in being wealthy, powerful and influential and there's nothing you can do about it except do it better.

Gymir Asaadan

• Clonejack
« Reply #41 on: 25 Jul 2012, 11:39 »

People like Gessenier or Octirant/Nardieu or maybe Valoron. I forgot about the three latter, shame on me.
I'm apparently sorry to say that I don't know any of the three mentioned parties, can you characterize them a bit to further your point if you have time?

DISCLAIMER: This is by no means a slight against any player, player group or player character; this is not an attempt to tell others how to play.

Alright, as to the first: There's an abundance of Minmatar whose sole motivation seems to be the absolute destruction of the Amarr Empire and, by extension, anything that they perceive as a threat to the Minmatar people. While this is certainly believable and understandable from a lore and PF perspective, it's also the norm. It'd be nice to see more Minmatar who maybe want to just live an ordinary life apart from slavery, war, death etc. Perhaps Minmatar that focus on supplying aid to needy planets in the Republic, or maybe even sub-clan leaders trying to simply "move on" from the past and look toward the future. The "intelligent" qualifier was meant to suggest that I'd like to see these Minmatar not just be "let's love everyone!" characters and not be portrayed as idiots or incompetent - but rather be intelligent, even thoughtful characters who are on this path because they choose to be.

To the second, I refer to Gallente who either pretend to be white knights while engaging in underhanded politics, corporate warfare, sabotage, espionage, etc. Or even Gallente who are just completely honest about the fact that they're not interested in being the "good guys," they're interested in being wealthy, powerful and influential and there's nothing you can do about it except do it better.
Thank you, this is perfect for me. Ahh for the time to RP more often, or with more characters at once without alt-failing.
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
-Buddha

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #42 on: 25 Jul 2012, 11:44 »

I like my current character.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #43 on: 25 Jul 2012, 13:13 »

IE: More Matariki Rains!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #44 on: 25 Jul 2012, 15:02 »

I'm apparently sorry to say that I don't know any of the three mentioned parties, can you characterize them a bit to further your point if you have time?

Gallenteans that consider their ideals of freedom and everything else a tool in their hand, that consider that it is their perfect right to behave as they want, to be ruthless tycoons, lobbyists (especially since PF describe the Federation as a lobby paradise) or the very model of capitalistic tyrans.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7