Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The language of the Amarr empire is spoken by more people than any other language? Read more in this Chronicle.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I just started bleeding onto my keyboard, from every orifice.  (Read 4316 times)

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned

It was 'cause I needed clarification su bads.

http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=338.0

Are you snip-moderating or not?

AUGH SO CONFUSED
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2010, 12:38 by Ashar Kor-Azor »

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

what?
\o/

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

I don't understand the confusion. You posted something that Hav found to violate two separate rules, and he took it out. Now it looks like you've posted it again, which on any forum in which I've participated is A Big No-No.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned

Look again.

The Catacombs post highlighted one line of the post to be of issue and made no clear remarks as to the rest of the content there.

Hence, the portion of the post quoted by the mod isn't reposted.

However, Casi, much as I respect your input (and honestly, I do, you post some good shit), I feel the need to underline my intent to ask clarification on a staff action from staff members staff in this - I'd usually do it via PM, except for the higher standards of transparency in this forum.
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2010, 12:53 by Ashar Kor-Azor »

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

Fair enough. :) So what's the issue then? That the mod took issue with you, in his words, being an "asshat about it"?

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned

The issue's that I don't know if the mod wants to nuke the whole post or not, and I'll err on the side of free expression, call attention to it to ensure there's some grounds to establish good faith, listen to input, and all that, but if you ain't goan label the whole thing as bad I'll assume what's not explicitly labeled as shit is still good for open consumption.

And if you're gonna nuke a whole post without an explicit statement of explanation, it could be because you're tired and it's six AM and you meant to nuke a chunk, or because forum policy changed because everyone hated snip moderation in the Smoke-Filled Room and I've missed the announcement on the policy change, or whatever else.

So I need soem clarification.
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2010, 12:54 by Ashar Kor-Azor »

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

You will probably have to wait until Havohej is available.
\o/

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned

That's cool. I admit to a significant chance of asshattery on my part in the comment vis-a-vis the thread, by the by. Ain't nobody gonna argue against that.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog

PM me a list of channels to add or whatever and I'll gladly tack em on. Been busy so haven't had time to grab MOTDs and descriptions for the remaining ones on the list either.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting

Early in the morning, quick check before getting ready for work.  The *snip* thing is something left to moderator discretion for if they want to do it or feel they can do it without causing further damage by missing something.  For the sake of not having mods burn out, we don't make an 'official policy' of the snip method.  When one of us snips instead of nuking to the catacombs, we're just going out of our way to be extra nice/friendly/helpful and stuff.

If I'd had more time right then, I would have just cut that line... but I also needed breakfast and a shave.  :)

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned

PM me a list of channels to add or whatever and I'll gladly tack em on. Been busy so haven't had time to grab MOTDs and descriptions for the remaining ones on the list either.

See, this is where Ashar's subtle use of self-deprecation slams Ashar right into rule eleven, like a cow on the railroad track failing to move out of the way of an oncoming mail-train.

I had posted in that thread, I had said I'd do all kinds of shit. I hadn't done it yet. Hence, I felt I could say what I said. Yay, cowcatcher'd.

And in an effort to avoid further body-checking from that selfsame rule, will it be relatively safe to assume that in future, when looking at a post in the catacombs to identify the troubled content, anything NOT specified by a clear comment between mod text can go back into the open?

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting

In all things, please apply common sense and some sort of discretion.  If you're not sure whether something is okay, it probably isn't.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned

: /

I'm sure everything I type is okay, dammit. That's why I poast it, and that's the entirety of the problem, views tend to become biased over time. We're working to create the right sort of bias for posters on this forum.

But damn, Havvo.

You made me so mad I made a crappy Venn diagram in paint and saved it in the wrong format. And got grease stains all over it, evidently.

4chanrageface.jpg

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting

I'll re-iterate:

If you look at a post moved to the catacombs and can't tell what was bad about the post, don't re-post it.

Twitter

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned

:|

Very well, then, for the sake of hearing the response to this from the horse's mouth.

In future, unless you speak to the contrary now and until someone on staff speaks to the contrary down the line, I'll do the following when I see a post I made moved into whatever forum is serving as the transparency dustbin:

- Look at the post to determine if I wish to repost any part of it, and

- First, ensure that any of the good part is not explicitly ruled out by moderator comments. If they are and I think it worthwhile to find out why, I will do so in the appropriate forum section; if this affects circumstances any, I'll go back to the beginning of the process and keep on truckin'

-Second, determine whether I have any doubts to the appropriateness of the content I wish to repost. If I do, it cannot be reposted without appropriate retooling, because I am a toolbox

-If I get past all that, I repost the content.

Press reply to set this as Ashar's thought process. Do not press reply to read more useless, repetitive posts in this thread.
« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2010, 16:03 by Ashar Kor-Azor »
Pages: [1] 2