Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Hyasyoda megacorporation is part of the 'liberal' faction, but is internally extremely conservative in business and its internal culture, with a great deal of pressure for employees to 'fit in'? It is still largely owned by the founding Osmon family.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: "urdoinitrong"  (Read 14743 times)

Malcolm Khross

Re: "urdoinitrong"
« Reply #30 on: 07 Jul 2012, 14:49 »

Nah, this is a continuing thing. I remember Seriphyn was asked to be banned from Summit. Nothing particular, I think some people just found his behaviour there intolerable/offensive/whatever.

Seriphyn's character is genius. Unapologetic, gruff and crude, passionately Fed. He's hard to like IC, but hard to dislike OOC.

Could not have said it better.

Speaker For Swarms

• Clonejack
« Reply #31 on: 07 Jul 2012, 15:25 »

We wish to inform all of you that we had been considering biomassing this character, in response to the apparently outraged response to him. It seems unfeasable for us to RP him at all, since he was greeted ICly with mockery and disbelief at worst, with the best response seeming to be simple ignoring.

But many of the responses in this thread have uplifted our thoughts on Eve's RP community. We thank you all.

We are firmly (as you might imagine) on the other side of the 'urdoinitrong' people. We understand that our concept is strange at best, but we hope that you will take the time to learn a bit about him, and realize that he isn't poorly thought out, he was not intended to be silly, and he does not in any place contradict prime fiction.

We would also like to remind you all who complain on the basis that one should not RP anything but humans, that one multiple occasions, Speaker For Swarms has confirmed his humanity.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #32 on: 07 Jul 2012, 15:29 »

We wish to inform all of you that we had been considering biomassing this character, in response to the apparently outraged response to him. It seems unfeasable for us to RP him at all, since he was greeted ICly with mockery and disbelief at worst, with the best response seeming to be simple ignoring.

But many of the responses in this thread have uplifted our thoughts on Eve's RP community. We thank you all.

We are firmly (as you might imagine) on the other side of the 'urdoinitrong' people. We understand that our concept is strange at best, but we hope that you will take the time to learn a bit about him, and realize that he isn't poorly thought out, he was not intended to be silly, and he does not in any place contradict prime fiction.

We would also like to remind you all who complain on the basis that one should not RP anything but humans, that one multiple occasions, Speaker For Swarms has confirmed his humanity.

I for one would like to see a biography for that character posted here on Backstage. It might help if some were able to read more about this character to see just how well thought out he is. I wager many of the bad responses you've gotten were knee-jerk reactions.

Speaker For Swarms

• Clonejack
« Reply #33 on: 07 Jul 2012, 15:33 »

I for one would like to see a biography for that character posted here on Backstage. It might help if some were able to read more about this character to see just how well thought out he is. I wager many of the bad responses you've gotten were knee-jerk reactions.

We would suspect that you are correct. We hesitate to do so, since we do not wish others to use information gained OOCly in an IC manner, but we are beginning to suspect that that is the least of our worries.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #34 on: 07 Jul 2012, 15:49 »

We would suspect that you are correct. We hesitate to do so, since we do not wish others to use information gained OOCly in an IC manner, but we are beginning to suspect that that is the least of our worries.

Who is 'we' by the way?

Speaker For Swarms

• Clonejack
« Reply #35 on: 07 Jul 2012, 15:52 »

Who is 'we' by the way?

We are a weird method actor and prefer to speak as our character does in all OOC interactions. We find it helps us keep our character in mind. It's like the royal we, but with a strange internet RPer instead of the queen.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #36 on: 07 Jul 2012, 16:11 »

* Casiella now imagines that Queen Elizabeth is RPing as SFS

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #37 on: 07 Jul 2012, 16:57 »

I guess you forgot about the part where Makkal asked him about religion and tried to start a conversation.

There's a was a pretty good bio posted in the in-game character sheet that explained he was a human who'd become obsessed with the drones. I suspect that few people read it though.
« Last Edit: 07 Jul 2012, 17:00 by Makkal »
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #38 on: 07 Jul 2012, 16:57 »

Nah, this is a continuing thing. I remember Seriphyn was asked to be banned from Summit. Nothing particular, I think some people just found his behaviour there intolerable/offensive/whatever.

Seriphyn's character is genius. Unapologetic, gruff and crude, passionately Fed. He's hard to like IC, but hard to dislike OOC.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Heh, thanks @ both. Though, I would remark there is the personal side of Seriphyn (which naturally no one would see in a place like the Summit/IGS), where stuff like loyalties and the day job are completely irrelevant. Father and man before soldier, and all that jazz.

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #39 on: 07 Jul 2012, 17:17 »

SFS,

I would like to reiterate that Malcolm's responses were ENTIRELY IC, I personally found the character interesting and the biography posted in the dossier is pretty unique and believable. If you ever suspect that I'm being OOC toward you, please do not hesitate to open a convo or send a mail to me and make sure everything's on the level, I very rarely respond to IC things from an OOC perspective but I'd be lying if I said I never do.

Speaker For Swarms

• Clonejack
« Reply #40 on: 07 Jul 2012, 18:04 »

SFS,

I would like to reiterate that Malcolm's responses were ENTIRELY IC, I personally found the character interesting and the biography posted in the dossier is pretty unique and believable. If you ever suspect that I'm being OOC toward you, please do not hesitate to open a convo or send a mail to me and make sure everything's on the level, I very rarely respond to IC things from an OOC perspective but I'd be lying if I said I never do.

We did in fact believe that your response was based on OOC feelings, and we thus apologize for our failed interpretation of the situation.

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #41 on: 07 Jul 2012, 19:36 »

SFS,

We did in fact believe that your response was based on OOC feelings, and we thus apologize for our failed interpretation of the situation.

No need to apologize, I'm sorry it came across that way. :( I'll try to ensure that it doesn't come across that way again.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #42 on: 07 Jul 2012, 19:48 »

The line should be drawn at intention.

Unintentionally fucking up other people's RP is allright.

Intentionally trying to fuck up other people's RP is not cool.

And if you're doing it for entirely IC reasons? "You represent everything I wish to destroy in this universe. I will not attack you for this."
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #43 on: 07 Jul 2012, 20:38 »

With all thats said, worth remembering that theres such a thing as good taste, so inevitably bad OOC feelings could develop quite natuarally.

Without a medium to express OOC issues in an honest way, the RP community will just eat itself alive. A cloak-and-dagger post on Backstage, as is so often the case for people's OOC issues, is simply inadequate for solving the problem.

But then I'm the sort of person who preferred the summit better when it was quasi-anarchy. Much preferred.
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Lyn Farel

« Reply #44 on: 08 Jul 2012, 04:27 »

For me it is about a matter of internet guts and hard skin, mostly. As I said before such concepts will always attract all the flak of the universe on your character ICly, so it is better to have the psychological backbone OOCly to handle it.

Also, keep in mind that a player playing a true rogue drone entity (Unit, and in the past there was also Rogue Drone Systems), had to face the same difficulties at the beginning, and still does from time to time. And he is not even playing just a human with implant issues (or something like that ?).

I see. Well, that explains a lot of things. I for one, both IC and OOC had never had any real grief against Seri (the character) and have a lot of difficulties (OOCly and ICly) to understand why he is so hated. It is a shame, really, and it also reminds me more and more these days that I just do not seem to think and react like most of people, thus why I am slowly drifting away from the community. Have now the same issue with Lyn too.

OOC issue, mostly.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8