Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Jin-Mei homeworlds of Lirsautton III and V are called Chakaux and Chandeille respectively?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: 700m facepalms  (Read 4386 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
700m facepalms
« on: 13 Jun 2012, 14:16 »

I spend most of my time in low/null/wh, and I'm anywhere near Jita maybe only 3 or 4 times a year, so I haven't really kept up on the whole suicide ganking highsec thing.

Was hauling a 700m Dark Blood Tower (unused and leftover from my IC party) to sell back to Jita with a workhorse hauler alt, and of course went afk for a few minutes like 7 jumps out from Jita.

Apparently got cargo scanned in that timeframe, kept along my merry way and proceeded to be suicide blasted and robbed about 4 jumps from my destination.

One of those "alt-tabbed to look at something, alt-tabbed back" and I'm warping around in my pod for some reason kind of things. WTF says I?  Ohhhhhh right, that's a thing people do out here. Damn.

Anyway thought I'd share. There's a noob born every minute and sometimes its me :)

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
Re: 700m facepalms
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2012, 14:33 »

The only time I've ever been suicide ganked, I was hauling some BPC's for my CEO at the time (this was back before I was in Lonestar, which was not an RP corp).  I got out my industrial ship, because I had some things of my own to haul and needed the space, but I didnt bother to tank it at all or if I did I had it fit with active tank.

And I get blown up one jump out of Amarr.  And local starts filling up with screams of "Copies?  What the fuck!"

I felt awful because it was about 200 million worth of BPC's, too and my CEO had given me the ISK to buy them.  At that time, that was a lot of money for me because I mined
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2012, 14:42 »

Haha right on.  It was less the money (which is still annoying), but more the 'how did I fall for -that- of all things?'

:)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jun 2012, 14:50 »

Oh, that was you going on and on about that in OOC last night! ;)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jun 2012, 14:55 »

Oh, that was you going on and on about that in OOC last night! ;)

Hah I forgot I was on the hauler alt! Yes that was me whining for a few minutes. 5 minutes later I was fine but that first few minutes it was more 'HULK SMASH' kind of thing :)

Losing expensive ships to pvp is something I'm accustomed to, getting violently knocked out of misplaced sense of safety quite another :)

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jun 2012, 15:17 »

Was moving 500m worth of compressed arkonor to station with a base 50% refine instead of 25% refine in highsec. Went through Balle.

My greed was my downfall, not so much my ignorance, lesson learned lol.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #6 on: 13 Jun 2012, 15:27 »

Been suicide ganked once on the hauler alt in Jita just after purchasing two logistics cruisers and fittings - I was not a happy camper, but it started my current and unwavering policy of always making my Jita purchases from several jumps out, and then waiting at least an hour from then before leaving Jita with the goodies.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 13 Jun 2012, 15:33 »

I'm not even going to bother with setting foot near that cesspool from now on. Blue Frog/Red Frog/whatever from here out.

Nothing makes you feel more puny than getting ganked in a non-pvp hauler character that now has useless kill rights :P

PS we need to be able to sell kill rights to other people.... what a great market sector THAT would be.

Jev North

« Reply #8 on: 13 Jun 2012, 15:39 »

Yeah, um. I learned about suicidde ganking the hard way - tried to fly an untanked industrial full of T2 frigates into Jita on the industrial alt. She has tanking skills now, and a Mastodon for those kinds of jobs..

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #9 on: 13 Jun 2012, 16:07 »

I had a guy pop my completely empty buzzard once.  I guess the Covert Cloak that dropped was worth more than his t1 fit thrasher.   Also, once I lost a Crane full of moon goo to a Gurista NPC because I fell asleep at the keyboard.  :oops:
« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2012, 16:11 by Hamish Grayson »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 13 Jun 2012, 16:20 »

I had a guy pop my completely empty buzzard once.  I guess the Covert Cloak that dropped was worth more than his t1 fit thrasher.   Also, once I lost a Crane full of moon goo to a Gurista NPC because I fell asleep at the keyboard.  :oops:

I did laugh out loud at 'falling asleep at the keyboard' :) Nice one!

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #11 on: 13 Jun 2012, 17:05 »

Not been suicide ganked yet :3

Anything semi-valuable goes in Crane for transport though.

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #12 on: 13 Jun 2012, 17:49 »

Deep Space Transport with MWD+cloak.

Not foolproof, but close enough.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #13 on: 13 Jun 2012, 18:46 »

my first suigank, I think I lost 300ish mil of moon goo. someone was selling cheap in amarr, so I was grabbing it there and taking it to jita. Made one trip, made some iskies, got nailed on the next trip. Actually saw it coming and somehow thought that having a corpy with me would somehow protect me. I was wrong. I was very suddenly down to 0 iskies and only the 80 mil in moon goo that I hadn't been able to fit in the ship.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #14 on: 13 Jun 2012, 20:17 »

It could have been much worse, Silas.

You could have been transporting roughly 12b in PLEX in a rookie ship .
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.
Pages: [1] 2 3