Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fedos are spongy creatures about the size of a cat that smell horrible and are sometimes used for waste disposal on ships? More here!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Helpful suggestions for dealing with The Summit  (Read 5697 times)

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
Re: Helpful suggestions for dealing with The Summit
« Reply #15 on: 14 Jun 2012, 17:37 »

Narrowing focus and discouraging things is not The Way.

You can do multiple things at the same time.

Inquisitions and Starcakes for Everyone!

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #16 on: 14 Jun 2012, 19:08 »

I'm not hating on anyone or trying to establish any kind of unofficial rules for all the reasons you can imagine and then some. Just pointing out things that help people find interesting interaction, because I see lots of "/me connects" that then get no reaction.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #17 on: 15 Jun 2012, 04:59 »

I'm not hating on anyone or trying to establish any kind of unofficial rules for all the reasons you can imagine and then some. Just pointing out things that help people find interesting interaction, because I see lots of "/me connects" that then get no reaction.

Guilty. I find the summit boring for the exact same reasons you stated above. However, if people started talking about something else more fitting to what I am looking for, it would be actually them that would find themselves in my boring situation.

Of course, you sometimes have people that almost insert themselves in a debate on purpose when you are actually discussing about something interesting, and then try to derail the subject of the conversation because they find it boring. That is the issues to deal with on a daily basis with general channels/communities of RPers that do not share the same interests and values. I am not a big fan of this, but well.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #18 on: 13 Jul 2012, 07:14 »

It looks like we've had a major influx of trolls lately.  Just warning people that we're probably going to be quick to use the ban hammer as they pop up.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!
Pages: 1 [2]