Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Minmatar military specifically recruits hardened criminals for service in its elite Valklear units, and that many of the Republic's most senior officers were originally recruited in this way?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Alliance Tournament X  (Read 4211 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Last Edit: 23 May 2012, 08:06 by kalaratiri »

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
Re: Alliance Tournament X
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2012, 08:30 »

Yay, we're in.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2012, 12:00 »

When I read most of those alliance names, I can only /facepalm. Does that mean that I am a RP bittervet or just a mysanthropist ?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2012, 13:13 »

Super good luck to you. 

Just remember don't take shit from anyone criticizing your ships or fits unless they've been there under the stage lights. 

And 5v5 qualifying and the main event are worlds apart. Good luck.

If you are running your team feel free to hit me up. I ran our team last year only losing a few ships for the entirety of qualifying and then got massacred in the big show, so my perspective is limited, but might be helpful ;)

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2012, 13:20 »

I recall watching last year as we (Ushra'Khan) rolled through the qualifying and then got curbstomped (same group as PL and Hyrda FTL), while better teams (rote kapelle) didn't get such easy qualifying opponents and (iirc) didn't get through. That made me sadfaec.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2012, 14:24 »

I recall watching last year as we (Ushra'Khan) rolled through the qualifying and then got curbstomped (same group as PL and Hyrda FTL), while better teams (rote kapelle) didn't get such easy qualifying opponents and (iirc) didn't get through. That made me sadfaec.

Aye... so many sensor damps... *shudder* *flashback*. ....

Was rooting for you all as well.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 24 May 2012, 22:22 »

Not sure if you guys saw this, but they are preemptively booting teams who they believe to be cooperating as "A and B" components of a single overarching team, a la Hydra Reloaded and Outbreak last year. Red vs Blue almost got caught, as they had signed up as two competing teams; ultimately CCP decided allow them to compete as a single team, considering they had signed up with the explicit intent to compete against each other.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2012, 23:21 »

Red vs Blue almost got caught, as they had signed up as two competing teams; ultimately CCP decided allow them to compete as a single team, considering they had signed up with the explicit intent to compete against each other.

Does flying against each other all the time on TQ count as training together?

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 25 May 2012, 11:31 »

Don't think so; PvP strategy (and especially RvB PvP) is so far removed from what makes a solid tournament strategy that it's a completely different beast.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #9 on: 25 May 2012, 11:41 »

\o/ Rote made it in!
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #10 on: 25 May 2012, 12:17 »

So both Hydra Reloaded and Outbreak. got removed? They got the chance to enter as two separate entities but apparently just HAD to meta-game. Sheesh. And, of course, fools are already overlooking that CCP gave them a chance.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 25 May 2012, 12:41 »

Hydra, Outbreak, and some PL alt alliance.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 25 May 2012, 13:44 »

SNIGGWAFFE, from YOUR VOTES DON'T COUNT alliance are the PL alt corp, and widely known to be so. In fact, they couldn't be more blatant (one of the larger PL corps is named Sniggardly). PL themselves are still allowed to enter.

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #13 on: 26 May 2012, 05:15 »

So both Hydra Reloaded and Outbreak. got removed? They got the chance to enter as two separate entities but apparently just HAD to meta-game. Sheesh. And, of course, fools are already overlooking that CCP gave them a chance.

Its dumb yeah, but CCP played it dumb as well. CCP have publicly embraced the 'its *good* to metagame' and 'metagaming and fucking people over is what eve is all about' philosophy, applauding instances of unsportmanship-like behaviour, bribery and corruption. As an organizer and company responsible for the game, that's dumb. Even if you *allow* such behaviour, you should at least appear to encourage fair play. Maybe take a look at FIFA, plenty of corruption etc. there, but if they publicly come out supporting such, then they won't have long to live. The illusion of fair play needs to be kept intact at least. That was the biggest failure of Hydra Reloaded and Outbreak last tournament and for the training of this tournament. They were way too obvious and blatant about it, acting like it was perfectly ok.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #14 on: 26 May 2012, 10:55 »

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1369384#post1369384

places auction was going so well nobody bid for the last slot  :lol:

[16:57:12] CCP Loxy > last auction slot will be Sunday at 23:00 UTC
« Last Edit: 26 May 2012, 10:57 by kalaratiri »