Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Solteur-class titans are not the same as the Erebus-class titans piloted by Capsuleers?

Author Topic: The Spoiler Tag  (Read 14264 times)

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
The Spoiler Tag
« on: 16 Apr 2010, 16:13 »

Hi, Havo here!

I know a lot of folks have read The Empyrean Age and The Burning Life, but a lot of folks haven't.  Any time you think something you're about to post might be a spoiler, don't let that stop you from posting!  I'd like to draw your attention to the panel of BBCode buttons above the post box and highlight one button in particular:

The Spoiler button works just like the other common BBCode functions like Bold or Italic.  Merely highlight the text you wish to hide and click it.  This'll produce a Spoiler box like so:

[spoiler]Aeris dies.[/spoiler]

As you can see, the reader must hover their mouse over the box in order to see the hidden, spoiler-ridden text.  This feature can obviously be used in any discussion on the forum, from threads about the EVE novels here to topics about movies in the Speakeasy.

Enjoy :)

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
Re: The Spoiler Tag
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2010, 16:31 »

AERIS!
NOOOOOOOOOOO-

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!
« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2010, 13:20 »

[spoiler]AERIS![/spoiler]
NOOOOOOOOOOO-

Naughty Graelyn! You forgot the tag! :P

Who the fuck is Aeris anyway?
Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #3 on: 20 Apr 2010, 13:26 »

It's a Final Fantasy VII reference.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!
« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr 2010, 14:15 »

It's a Final Fantasy VII reference.

Ah. That could prove to be quite apt. ^^ Although it's gonna be X that I'm playing I think.
Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction

Zuzanna Alondra

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 20 Apr 2010, 20:40 »

Dude - I never got past the first disk on FFVII - NOOOO my main healer!

*sigh*

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #6 on: 20 Apr 2010, 21:06 »

While it is the cliché of clichés now, that event in FFVII was the turning point for me. The part that truly made me 'feel' something about the game. I think it was the first time in a game where I personally felt sorrow, hate and rage towards the antagonist and for all the other faults in current JRPGs... that's one hell of a statement.

But come on... Did we run out of Phoenix Down at that point? Did we suddenly run out of Soft when we ran across XIII's father? That's my main problem with JRPGs. Combat mechanics have absolutely nothing in common with the world it occurs in. It's so silly.

Oh, and first impression on FFXIII? Gods it's longwinded, and actually kind of boring. I keep hearing it starts to rock further in, but after playing 10+ hours now, I have to say they could have condensed that gameplay to less than half of that. And where's the RP part of the game? I haven't made a single decision yet. Just ran from cutscene to cutscene, killing stuff along the way. At least there were conversation options in FFVII and FFVIII. Hell, I think there were some in FFX too.

They really should have worked better on the FFXIII pacing and storytelling.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #7 on: 08 Aug 2010, 01:19 »

[spoiler]AERIS![/spoiler]
NOOOOOOOOOOO-

Naughty Graelyn! You forgot the tag! :P

Who the fuck is Aeris anyway?

Heretic!

j/k

Seriously, playing FFVII after getting to know what is now publicly known, was frankly painful - I did not know what was worse; not using her because I knew and conserved exp. for other party-members, or using her and losing her. Either way, it was a frankly memorable moment, in a bad way. Should likely note I was rather young, sick and bed-ridden when I saw that scene.

Didn't help.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #8 on: 08 Aug 2010, 03:45 »

Was the first time that I can remember being genuinely pissed at a video game villain.  I didn't know it was coming on my first playthrough (my friends were pretty good about not giving spoilers when they got the game a week ahead of me), so I was very :rage: about the whole thing.  Taking Sephiroth down was a very satisfying conclusion... I remember muttering something like "This is for Aeris, faggot." with my :srs: face on while using Knights of the Round during the final fight.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #9 on: 08 Aug 2010, 05:10 »

The question then becomes... would it have affected us the same way today, if we'd never heard of FFVII? I'm not sure. I was much younger back then, and that kind of gameplay and storytelling was relatively new to me.

Either way, it made FFVII a very powerful experience, and is probably the reason why none of the later games come close to it in 'hooking' the player.