Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fedos are spongy creatures about the size of a cat that smell horrible and are sometimes used for waste disposal on ships? More here!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: (OOC) Semi-Reformed Pirate seeks Caldari RP Corp for committed relationship  (Read 5165 times)

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain

Would you perhaps have a vague interest in a pan-national (though Amarrian-based) group of noble capsuleer warriors with an interest in diciplining capsuleer-kind in kinky ways?

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran

orange:

The 4th is what grew out of CAIN, etc., yes? ... Yeah, I'd be more enthusiastic if the alliance were more, ah, RP-dedicated. I've worked with the other kind before, but it's never very ... satisfying, y'know?

Davlos:

Ah, my time as Omerta's primary covops scout. Heh-- that was in an earlier, more innocent day. These days, people quite justifiably sleep with one eye on their d-scanners and a finger going click, click, click. I never have gotten quite good enough with the latest version of probes to be able to often overcome that paranoia.

... Course, I haven't often had reason to try all that hard. There's a fun trick you can play with combined D-scanner and probe cloud that, handled properly, should score a 100% on the first try without exposing the probes for more than a few seconds. I look forward to getting back in practice.

I-RED is of interest, as long as it remains State-loyal. Loyalty to Tibus Heth = strictly optional; Aria regards him as a temporary, but useful, figure of the sort that makes his mark on the history books and is then disposed of. Collaboration with the enemy is more of a potential sticking point; Aria regards Gallentean influence as culturally toxic. Efforts to persuade her otherwise are best handled IC.

Des:

Eh-- there's never been all that much happening on the Patriot side. CAIN was ... kinda that way for a while, IIRC, but it sounds like the 4th has gone the way of CVA (power seen as inconsistent with RP). I'll be content with playing the Patriot voice in a Liberal entity, if it comes to that; the Practicals are the only State faction Aria actively won't work for (she doesn't regard their good as consistent with the good of the State; the Liberals, at least, tend to be the loyal opposition).

Aldrith:

That depends greatly. Aria has always been highly suspicious of Amarrian intentions towards the State, and is unwilling to wander too far, geographically or politically, from home. You'd need to make a strong IC pitch.

Also, Aria is under no illusions as to her own nobility-- and is deeply cynical about anyone else's.

IE, possible, maybe even OOC kinda attractive, but you'd need to do a lot of persuading, and, even then, you'd probably have acquired a suspicious soul who would take any opportunity she got to cast doubt on any noble pretensions the Knighthood might have.

Of course, there should be at least one of those in any good organization....

Desiderya

That depends greatly. Aria has always been highly suspicious of Amarrian intentions towards the State, and is unwilling to wander too far, geographically or politically, from home. You'd need to make a strong IC pitch.

That sounds so damn familiar.  ;)

Davlos

• Egger
  • Purveyor of Horrible Images

Davlos:

Ah, my time as Omerta's primary covops scout. Heh-- that was in an earlier, more innocent day. These days, people quite justifiably sleep with one eye on their d-scanners and a finger going click, click, click. I never have gotten quite good enough with the latest version of probes to be able to often overcome that paranoia.

... Course, I haven't often had reason to try all that hard. There's a fun trick you can play with combined D-scanner and probe cloud that, handled properly, should score a 100% on the first try without exposing the probes for more than a few seconds. I look forward to getting back in practice.

I-RED is of interest, as long as it remains State-loyal. Loyalty to Tibus Heth = strictly optional; Aria regards him as a temporary, but useful, figure of the sort that makes his mark on the history books and is then disposed of. Collaboration with the enemy is more of a potential sticking point; Aria regards Gallentean influence as culturally toxic. Efforts to persuade her otherwise are best handled IC.

Yeah, I-RED is pretty much State-loyal and pro-Caldari based on what I've been seeing so far. As for ties with the Gallente my interpretation is that it's strictly business, which is not so different from the commercial proposals it's trying to pitch to the Minmatar.

Best to ask John Revenant about details though. He's the big boss; I'm just the tiny recruit who cackles hysterically on Mumble while flying interceptors.

Jev North

Oh, yes, it's very nice. Not foolproof, but I managed to score a few kills that way. The best part is imagining the deer-in-headlights look.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran

Yeah, I-RED is pretty much State-loyal and pro-Caldari based on what I've been seeing so far. As for ties with the Gallente my interpretation is that it's strictly business, which is not so different from the commercial proposals it's trying to pitch to the Minmatar.

Best to ask John Revenant about details though. He's the big boss; I'm just the tiny recruit who cackles hysterically on Mumble while flying interceptors.

I'm certainly game for a chat, at the least.

The best part is imagining the deer-in-headlights look.

Supposedly that technique produced a carebear urban legend about pirate haxxors that let them (us) zero in on a mission site the instant they (we) enter the system.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me

I'd obviously be keen for you to join I-RED. It would be cool to RP with you more, though my I-RED character is less the philosopher and more the ladies man.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran

Just a note, it would be incorrect to assume that CAIN was/is patriotic.  Plenty of its higher ranking members were Ishukonites.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain

He's the big boss.

I also smell like cheese.. really its true.

Matthieu Kovalenko

Supposedly that technique produced a carebear urban legend about pirate haxxors that let them (us) zero in on a mission site the instant they (we) enter the system.
That's no urban legend - the Safespot Buster 2000 is very real.

Gouda, Brie or Limburger?
« Last Edit: 07 May 2012, 03:52 by Matthieu Kovalenko »

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran

Just a note, it would be incorrect to assume that CAIN was/is patriotic.  Plenty of its higher ranking members were Ishukonites.

I was referring to its days with the Kimotoro Directive, circa early 2007. Though things may or may not have changed since, bear in mind that my point of reference was Apex Unlimited; CAIN was far the more ... aggressively dedicated entity.

As implied by Matthieu, that may or may not be a good thing.

Jev North

Hey, as cheese-lovers know, the smell just adds character. It's the taste that's important.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain

I-RED is of interest, as long as it remains State-loyal.

---------

I'll be content with playing the Patriot voice in a Liberal entity.

Well I-RED will always remain State Loyal so long as I am in charge. Also this month is odd.. we have recruited several Patriotic loyalists. It should prove to be interesting to see how this affects us internally.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain

Confirming that I-RED is co-opting Patriots. :E

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me

Amongst others.
Pages: 1 [2] 3