Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Saxon Hawke's son Ravi died in a drug-related hovercar crash that had connections to the Serpentis "Aenebra" cult? Read more about it here

Author Topic: That Motivation  (Read 1137 times)

Dewgong

• The Seacow
  • Clonejack
That Motivation
« on: 25 Apr 2010, 00:52 »

One gets to a point in Eve in which there is not so much a lack of direction, but a lack of motivation or of interesting things to do.  How do we all cope when we hit this road block in our time here in New Eden?  Even if you have yet to experience it, you will at some point, and it truly is a bit perplexing.  How we tackle it and how we end up solving it is unique to each and every one of us, but the end result is essentially the same, a new and refreshed interest in our homes here in New Eden.

-----------------------

I stood in the station, overlooking the planet below.  The oceanic world below shimmered a deep gazing blue in the light of the star.  It almost seemed to sing out as one could scarcely spot the waves all about it, singing out a song that felt like it pierced your very soul, your very being.

It's been some time now, since the fighting has largely subsided and small bits of resistance are given, but it is largely over for now.  Times have changed, as has the landscape.  More importantly, I find myself in that sort of rut where one reevaluates their own self.  Where do I go from here?

Staring out the window, after a while you forget there is glass there, reaching out and feeling it's cold touch and snapping back to reality.  I turned around and saw my ship sitting there, repairs finished, polished, loaded up and ready to go.  Only, where was I to go?  Back then, there was  purpose, and reason.  A belief and faith that one was devoted to in the sense of duty and commitment.  That was broken.  I have since realized that one does not need to do a such to still be faithful to the Empress and the gods.  Even just doing a good deed a day can count, as long as one remains truly faithful.  However, with that, there is no fight to plunge head first into.  There is no home to readily defend from invaders.  There is no longer a reason, nor purpose.  So why?

Why do I continue to go with it?  Why do I continue to fight?  For what am I fighting and why?  This golden ship in front of me, the sun's rays now peeking through the windows throughout the docking bay, shining across her armor plating.  Energy turrets primed and ready to fire at a moment's notice.  A Giant, yet seemingly so gentle and dutiful that one can easily forget the terror she is capable of.  A terror I have no interest in exploiting nor to facilitate.

So where do I go from here?  I've dabbled in trade.  In industry and transport.  In pirate hunting and in devout reclaiming.  Upholding the faith of my people, I will always do, but aside form that, there is little left for me to experience.

As I look back out at the planet, I can still hear it singing to me, to anyone, to everyone.  It strikes at my heart, so sad, yet beautiful and full of spirit.  I felt a surge of emotion and inspiration that I could only turn around and make my way towards the golden ship in front of me.  I paid the repair chief as I neared him without speaking a word.

I powered up all of her systems as the dock's doors opened slowly, revealing space and all of her mysteries, all of her wonders and possibilities.  I peered into it, wanting it, needing it.  These stars, they are my home, as long as I am among them, I will be happy. I will be Alive.

"It has never felt so good to be home."

- Excerpt from Dewgong's Journal Logs

-----------------------

I went to the Eve Gate a while back, it really was awe inspiring.  It's been a while since I last went.  I think back on it and remember how it really motivated me.  There's something about it you can't quite put into words that just enlightens something inside of you.  Who knows?  Either way, I've missed just flying around for the sake of flying around.  You lose sight of it after you've been playing for a while.  I'm glad I got the sight back.

Fly safe \o