Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

As part of its political goal to make the State stronger economically, Lai Dai is the primary supporter of the School of Applied Knowledge. Check out more here!

Author Topic: Not really new, but new to Backstage  (Read 1275 times)

Hawtz

• Not a size queen; enjoys small ships.
  • Clonejack
Not really new, but new to Backstage
« on: 31 Mar 2012, 19:47 »

Hi folks!

So just to get this out of the way, I've played Eve off and on for a long time...however I've always done so EXTREMELY casually (I love the scifi spaceships so I would log on, fly around, look at stuff, read stuff, and do level 1 missions lol). So, despite the game age of my character I don't consider myself an expert on gameplay, and am only recently getting a strong grasp on defining roles by module as well as the fifty billion different stats at work. I enjoy the smaller ships, so even with level 2 missions I still scope out whether or not I can pull it off with a frigate instead of resorting to my destroyer or cruiser lol

Nonetheless, while Eve has always felt a little overwhelming for me, I happen to love the sandbox approach...but who knows? I might love it much less if I left high-sec space all by my lonesome lol

On the role-playing side, I haven't roleplayed much within an MMO. Outside of an MMO I have years of experience writing on roleplay/storyboards for over a decade. I enjoy infusing plots and purpose into any interaction, and I'm a sucker for story lines and real characterization. I think I'm on the same boat with many latent RPers on Eve: we're waiting for station walking!  :bash: Nonetheless, until then I'm content with writing fiction, learning more and more about the Eve setting, and looking out for the right kind of RP corp (as few and far as they may be).

Character wise, I don't have a complete direction for my character, whether I want him to be the military type, or a freelancer or contracted employee of an in-character corporation. Still sorting that out, but would love to network with other RPers. Drop me a line anytime, here or in game (character's name is Strave Abre-Kai, Gallente, Jin-Mei, Jing Ko caste). Looking forward to the future, getting better and better with Eve, and to getting to know everyone!   :D

Now if only CCP will let us leave our captain's quarters...

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: Not really new, but new to Backstage
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2012, 20:42 »

Well, regardless of your preferred level of gameplay, welcome!

(Drink, drug, and self defense weapon of your choice?)
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Hawtz

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2012, 21:54 »

IC or RL? lol

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 31 Mar 2012, 23:34 »

Either/or? (Don't take the answers to seriously, we tend to ask new persons crazy questions around here.  :P )
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Hawtz

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 01 Apr 2012, 02:45 »

Oh in that case: Rubbing alcohol, Elmer's Glue, and rape whistle

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #5 on: 01 Apr 2012, 06:02 »

IC or OOC?  :eek:
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Jev North

« Reply #6 on: 01 Apr 2012, 06:33 »

I don't get it; how are you going to defend yourself with Elmer's Glue, or get high off a rape whistle?

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #7 on: 01 Apr 2012, 10:53 »

Hello and welcome to Backstage!

I've run out of guns for now, but for self-defense you can have this;

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Hawtz

• Clonejack
« Reply #8 on: 01 Apr 2012, 11:47 »

IC or OOC?  :eek:

...Can't it be both?
I don't get it; how are you going to defend yourself with Elmer's Glue, or get high off a rape whistle?
Well DUH! If someone is glued to the ground they can't hurt me! As for the rape whistle....I...uh...melt it in a spoon? lol

Hello and welcome to Backstage!

I've run out of guns for now, but for self-defense you can have this;

Thanks Bloodbird...This just might work better than my rape whistle...But only slightly

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #9 on: 01 Apr 2012, 14:04 »

Welcome! You might consider assault frigates, I've had great fun running level 3 missions and even some 4s in them.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #10 on: 01 Apr 2012, 14:11 »

Thanks Bloodbird...This just might work better than my rape whistle...But only slightly

It's a hired-out body-guard. Any attempted rape will be handled at gun-point :twisted:

Welcome! You might consider assault frigates, I've had great fun running level 3 missions and even some 4s in them.

Ishkur-run level3's... that was fun, actually. Ishkurs running level 4's is a considerable challenge, but can actually be fun too.