Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Scagga once lost 800,000,000 isk in one night due to his gambling problem?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: All (or more) skin tones for all bloodlines and racial mixing  (Read 4095 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

OK, not sure where to put it, so I put it here.

Racial mixing is an awesome idea. Showed a Sebiestor being cycled through mixing with the various other bloodlines at a 60:40 ratio. VERY neat.

However, it's only been 15 minutes, but trying to get my head around for having all skin tones available for all races. They had a white Brutor and...I don't know...throws a complete spanner into the definitions of "ethnicity" into EVE. Vherokior are dark-skinned because they are from deserts, Caldari and Sebiestor are pale because they are from cold regions, Gallente are olive-skinned because they're mixed, and so forth...

I'm not sure it's been that long enough for such extreme divergences in ethnicity to take place (at least for some ethnicities). Again I'm still processing this info. Thoughts?

EDIT - Or maybe he said "more" instead of "all"
« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2012, 11:26 by Seriphyn »

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain

More, with more wheel options to select.

I like it. Ethnicity's been too "simple" for too long. ;)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

OK, yeah, more is alright. My self-entitled RPer "We have 51% of the say in the lore" complex is placated.

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette

You're a posthuman space pilot whose body is literally reconstituted flesh assembled in a lab. Skin pigmentation is clearly a footnote. (Same reason why wardrobes shouldn't be restricted)

Publius Valerius

Yeep, It looks awesome, cannt wait to see this comeing. I will it use immediately.

The new Apocalypse-skins looked good too... cannt wait for a Khanid-Apoc.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran

They've been talking about customizable ship skins for what... six years?

Don't hold your breath, you will die from asphyxiation.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!

They've been talking about customizable ship skins for what... six years?

Don't hold your breath, you will die from asphyxiation.

We got a chip for that.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Absolutely looking forward to being able to make the avatars match my imagination.

Now the thing is... will anyone -else- be able to see which races you've mixed, in some sort of 'info' tab?

IE I think the Amarr female avatars look rather terrible and I'm going to be getting quite 'dirty' to get the look I'm after, but i would die of embarassment IC if someone saw a drop of Brutor in there  :)

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?

On the main page, I saw "All (or more) skin..." and came here hoping for transparent dresses.

I will sue for false advertising.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain

I've been wondering about that myself, Silas: for some people it's a point of pride and on the public record, while for others things are more complicated or murky.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave

cannt wait for a Khanid-Apoc.

Doubt the Khan-Poc will be player flyable, more something you'll see in their local space. Like the Roden-Thron.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain

Doubt the Khan-Poc will be player flyable, more something you'll see in their local space. Like the Roden-Thron.

Having been to the session on virtual goods, I'd say that when the tech supports there being khan-pocs, or various other paintjobs, they'll be available to players as long as they're not pay to win.

Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Publius Valerius

I think too, The Sarum one (red buttom) looked really nice to (but Publius has already a opinion about Jamyl, just not public  :P So actually a no, but would nice to see), I think to the local Police forces and the royal navy will get the paintjob.

Having been to the session on virtual goods, I'd say that when the tech supports there being khan-pocs, or various other paintjobs, they'll be available to players as long as they're not pay to win.

It would the first thing I would buy from the NeX store. So If it comes, just there I would be cool with it too (So just my baby would get the paintjob).

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help

Absolutely looking forward to being able to make the avatars match my imagination.

Seconded.  Even if my imagination terrifies me.

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette

Jamyl was crowned, which means she's not a member of house sarum, nor would she be affiliated with its house fleet.
Pages: [1] 2 3