Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Quafe is so popular it once prevented a war? Read more in the Chron

Author Topic: Arcadia News Network: Writers Wanted  (Read 1641 times)

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
Arcadia News Network: Writers Wanted
« on: 18 Apr 2010, 15:21 »

This is less of a corporation advert, but I figured it went in this forum section because it kind-of falls under recruitment, and I'll very shortly be making an IG group to go with it (But that's another story entirely)

Anyway, now I've found more time to devote to this, I figured I could start asking people if they were up to being full or part-time writers for ANN.

ANN, or Arcadia News Network, is an official In-Character News Service that focuses on covering capsuleer events, opinions, etc, etc. Granted, if CCP pop up with something major, It's fun to cover that as well, but ANN is (In theory) capsuleer focused.

I'm happy for people to write articles on just about everything, as long as they're a) In Character and b) not trash.

Whilst ANN presently claims to have ties to Heaven and Curse (And by extension the Angel Cartel) I have plans to sever those fairly soon, and run it as an independent news agency.

But Anyway! I'm rambling, The ANN Site can be found here. I check the email addresses listed on the site regularly, so if you want to use those to contact me about writing for ANN, that's great. Otherwise, Jab me here, Ingame, or wherever.

Oh, and comments on articles are always welcome. It's nice to know that people are reading and appreciate what gets published.  :D

Ashar Kor-Azor

• Banned
  • Pod Captain
  • Banned
Re: Arcadia News Network: Writers Wanted
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2010, 15:35 »

Put link to site into your sig, plox?

Also, I'm Ashar and I support this product and/or service.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2010, 15:43 »

It's actually there if you click the little 'web' button next to my Avatar.  :)
Now you mention it though, a Sig is in the works.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2010, 08:17 »

Development! ANN can now afford to pay Freelancers for articles. I'm still pulling things together, but if you're interested in the prospect of fun and easy ISK, hop into channel AN network Discussion and give me a prod.

Alexander Rykis

« Reply #4 on: 12 Aug 2010, 14:24 »

I'll be your huckleberry

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #5 on: 18 Aug 2010, 02:22 »

This is AWESOME. I can't believe I didn't see this earlier.

I will definitely be contacting you in-game.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #6 on: 07 Mar 2012, 05:50 »

Horrendous Necro, but just a heads up: ANN is probably going to be offline for a month or so. I have another year or so on the domain name, but my hosting has expired and I can't afford to renew it.  I've left migrating the site across to a friends server a bit late and in the end I decided to rebuild the site from scratch.

If anyone wants to get involved with the rebuild, I'm almost always in the #inspiracy channel on coldfront when my computer is on, so give me a shout there.