Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Daedalus X pulled off a Capital ship heist in a level two wormhole. read more here

Author Topic: Gallente style: the Gallente roleplayer hook-up thread  (Read 1802 times)

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain

We keep getting people passing through looking for Gallente roleplay. What they're looking for doesn't exist just now and they never quite achieve critical mass to kick something off. So...

If you're a roleplayer of a Gallente character looking for a corp or companions to be Gallente with, this thread is a place to register your interest and spin some ideas. You might find likeminded others to make that corp. You might sponsor a channel or start a regular Gallente meeting time to discuss fashions and freedoms in an existing channel. You might spice up faction war with more Gallente culture. You might do any number of things.

It might take a while. It might take multiple tries at multiple things. Enjoy your explorations.

I have an angle on this, which is that I'd love to see more Gallente roleplay. I even wrote posts about why I find Gallente fascinating and what it would take to get me into Gallente roleplay. I'd like to see a recognisable presence of Gallente culture and ideals in EVE's roleplay: I'm more interested in that than in Federation loyalism.

I've considered starting a new Gallente character, but realistically I'm busy with Matari things and would prefer to visit than to drive Gallente stuff. And actual Gallente work wants mains, not alts: players with skin in that part of the game. It also wants ways to get along with the fact that there are some quite strong and individualistic characters in the Gallente space, who might express interest in any Gallente endeavour.

So, please, apply your wit and drive-to-create to the peformance art of being Gallente.
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2011, 15:50 by Matariki Rain »

Marceau

• Doing average things averagely.
  • Clonejack
  • Freedom through Equality
    • Foundational Questions Institute

This is great to see taking shape already. From the sounds of it, it may take some work to keep the interest of those that float around with the Gallente RP idea, but so is true for all start-ups. For the time being, I took the liberty of starting an in-game channel: Gallente Style (all credit to Matariki Rain as the name is obviously 100% stolen.) Hopefully word and interest will spread like wildfire and the Gallenteans will come out of hiding and onto this thread and into channel (or wherever else!) and the snowball will start to roll.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain

Most excellent. :)
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2011, 15:49 by Matariki Rain »

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain

Pure gallente pilot (true dat don't fly other ship types)

fighting the good fight against the corporate scumbags with strong chins

anyways....count me in for any RP centered around the Federation.

Marceau

• Doing average things averagely.
  • Clonejack
  • Freedom through Equality
    • Foundational Questions Institute

I spoke with a current Gallente RP CEO about a multitude of matters today, there is currently an IC Gallente channel: Gallente Lounge so respecting that I believe that Gallente Style should be for RP related issues OOC. We also spoke some about the issues of previous Gallente based RP corporations and alliances, and he cited what he believed to be many of the issues leading to the demise of said corporations and alliances. This has me curious as to if anyone has anything they would be willing to share from their experiences that they believe may contribute to the success of a Gallente RP organization.

Penny for your thoughts?

Zag

This has me curious as to if anyone has anything they would be willing to share from their experiences that they believe may contribute to the success of a Gallente RP organization.

Simple answer? Construct core ideological constraints and remain consistent in holding to them.

In that vein I suppose I'll add Zagamesh as the token Minmatar bastard child that maintains a strong Gallento-centric nationalist identity combined with a right-wing libertarian and individualist worldview who believes parliamentary and representative democracy is a farce and liberal corporatism is the way forward for the Federation. It might explain why he's such a fan of President Roden and Ishukone Corporation.  :lol:

Ideological constraints also don't have to make that much sense as I think someone once called them thesis without arguments or something.

Tangentially though to the OP: I've always thought the concept of 'Fed Loyalism' as a bit nonsensical because in a multi-ethnic, wide spanning, liberal democracy with a great diversity of political thought and opinion it's a bit silly to assume there are orthodox tenets that every single citizen of the Federation are expected to ascribe to.  Actually, all the factions are quite diverse that the concept of being a 'loyalist' just appears particularly narrow-minded and dogmatic to me. 

But there's my penny.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

Room for a precocious eleven-year old superstar in this, Matariki? >_>

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain

OUR CHINS WILL BLOT OUT THE SUN

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran

Since those with pointy chins are your own corporate scumbags...