Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the first ways to crack safe spots was to warp past the person and hope your bookmark landed you next to them?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: what would be useful things for RP ?  (Read 4340 times)

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
Re: what would be useful things for RP ?
« Reply #30 on: 01 Mar 2012, 10:01 »

In EVE there is this great capacity in RP to actually have a history that consists of the choices of your character and very real actions that it has done within the sandbox of EVE.

In EVE the fact that all RP was very real, in the sense that it required you to actually to do something in game, was why I was interested in it.

Not because I could godmode a Mary Sue to a spaceship.

So much this.  One reason I love RP in EVE is that having an interesting history as a capsuleer is that its something you earn through months and years, not something you create overnight while staring at the character generator.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

tarunik

• Resident Wormhole Lord
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #31 on: 01 Apr 2012, 21:18 »

Then you get into simply awkward standings corners: how do you explain being blue to Cartel loyalists (Naraka. in my case, this was an alliance-level thing btw) while holding a -9.something Angel Cartel standing to someone who doesn't know how just how cheek-by-jowl Curse's main pipe is?

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #32 on: 01 Apr 2012, 21:52 »

Then you get into simply awkward standings corners: how do you explain being blue to Cartel loyalists (Naraka. in my case, this was an alliance-level thing btw) while holding a -9.something Angel Cartel standing to someone who doesn't know how just how cheek-by-jowl Curse's main pipe is?

Simple. 

You killed Angels.  Lots and lots of Angels, obviously, to get that ranking. 

Angel's leadership and VIPs are pragmatic (and ruthless) enough to not really care what you did in the past.  They want profit, and they want capsuleer allies who will do the things they cant.

The rank and file?  The average Angel Joe who might have lost friends, family and money to you in the past?  They hate you, but their opinion doesnt really matter.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov
Pages: 1 2 [3]