Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Sabik's Sepsis is a blood disease that rarely lasts into adulthood, but is considered sacrilege when it does? (The Burning Life, pp. 20,21)

Author Topic: Jove Timeline & Bonus Materials [T1 Spoilers]  (Read 1675 times)

Kaito Haakkainen

• Wetgraver
  • May have skimmed the Book of Emptiness
Jove Timeline & Bonus Materials [T1 Spoilers]
« on: 12 Feb 2012, 09:52 »

A parting gift.

Please find linked below a few notes gathered while reading Templar One.

The revelations handed over within Templar One have essentially destroyed the focus of my playstyle and RP. I will not be finishing up any current projects, adding to existing projects, or posting new versions of the Musings. Effectively, the DM just told me many grand secrets of the campaign and I don't want to play along pretending my character doesn't know. Especially when my characters primary motivator was uncovering these mysteries.

Without further bitterness I hope those who are not so affected find the following helpful:
http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1202/Jovian_Timeline__Bonus_Material.txt

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
Re: Jove Timeline & Bonus Materials [T1 Spoilers]
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2012, 13:39 »

Worst news of today.

I do not know if you were around when The Empyrean Age was released, Kaito, but I can tell you a lot felt shitted down the neck at that time. I personally already felt the spat in the face after reading Theodicy so in someway I was better prepared for this round.

I put it this way: EVE fiction and lore has two positions for players; consumers and contributors, with the far majority being consumers. In the current situation you too should switch to being a consumer. I hope to write a better post on consumers and contributors in EVE Fiction soon.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Lyn Farel

« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2012, 14:12 »

Looks like a lot of work put into it, and very informative, though I do not feel the courage atm to read all of this :/

Roughly, what are the things that are important to keep in mind, or what just troubles you ?

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2012, 15:20 »

Holy crap. That's a lot of good info.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2012, 16:28 »

How about 5 years of positioning myself for Jamyl's return (and verifying that it would be happening), just to have it handwaved into being during downtime...

Yeah, I feel you perfectly.

However, I insist that this doesn't need to end things for you. In fact, you've leveled up! You're not a real EVE RPer until CCP has completely destroyed your work at least once.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2012, 10:16 »

Holy crap. That's a lot of good info.

This.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 17 Feb 2012, 12:37 »

Is it just me, or is there nothing entirely shocking, game-breaking, or ragequit-inducing in the details submitted with that information?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 17 Feb 2012, 12:53 »

You're not a real EVE RPer until CCP has completely destroyed your work at least once.

+1

But we are Amarr, we must endure and be patient :)