Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the 25ers were a political activist organization that fought for repealing starship licensing fees, laying the foundations for the independent capsuleer community.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Alliances in FW  (Read 6767 times)

Kazzzi

• Egger
Re: Alliances in FW
« Reply #30 on: 07 Jan 2012, 06:55 »

active RP alliances that would have factional loyalties would include:

Electus Matari
CVA
Ushra'Khan
I-Red

?

U'K likely won't join any militia unless the Defiants come out of the woodwork and start one.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #31 on: 07 Jan 2012, 07:16 »

something that I saw a short time ago, was a militia drake, backed up by at least one neutral logistics ship, parked outside one of the opposing side's tutorial systems, engaging new players who had followed what it said in the tutorial, and used the letter of recommendation which bypasses the normal standings requirement, but only for new accounts.

that sort of thing, may become more common with more people in the militia, and that will tend to turn even more new players away from FW.

It is not the same as can baiting in the tutorial systems so is not petitionable, but is still :\
\o/

Jev North

« Reply #32 on: 07 Jan 2012, 07:51 »

What Bloodbird means is, I think, that there's no real way to fight any group of people in lowsec without bleeding sec status and so, in some sense, becoming a pirate yourself?

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #33 on: 07 Jan 2012, 08:51 »

What Bloodbird means is, I think, that there's no real way to fight any group of people in lowsec without bleeding sec status and so, in some sense, becoming a pirate yourself?

If you avoiding podding people, it is extremely easy to keep your security status above -2, especially if you're involved in any mid-high level PvE on a regular basis out of wormhole space.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #34 on: 07 Jan 2012, 09:55 »

CVA and U'K?

Not bloody likely.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #35 on: 07 Jan 2012, 19:24 »

Bloodbird, my corp and alliance are NRDS. One of our "things" is anti-piracy. We work alongside a coalition which is NRDS and anti-pirate.

If you'd like some ideas on how to make this playstyle work, there are people around who can share.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #36 on: 08 Jan 2012, 15:34 »

Bloodbird, my corp and alliance are NRDS. One of our "things" is anti-piracy. We work alongside a coalition which is NRDS and anti-pirate.

If you'd like some ideas on how to make this playstyle work, there are people around who can share.

If I end up getting back in EVE under any kind of constant activity, I'll take you up on this. I always did wonder how EM managed their vigilante job, because theory-crafting presents loads of issues to deal with, and not that many fixes.

As for the main topic, I've... said all there is to say from my p.o.w. Pretty much wait-and-see, now.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
« Reply #37 on: 09 Jan 2012, 02:55 »

The war will shift when this takes place.

I personally know of 4 alliances who will jump aboard the TLF cause when this goes live. Most of them are prepping for it now.

Everything the Amarr have is already in the field, and has been for ages.  :s  No one is coming to back us up.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #38 on: 09 Jan 2012, 04:22 »

I personally know of 4 alliances who will jump aboard the TLF cause when this goes live. Most of them are prepping for it now.

You do? They are?

Who?

* Matariki Rain blinks in perplexed curiosity.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #39 on: 09 Jan 2012, 08:35 »

I want to know too :P I've heard nothing of people coming to join the Minmatar. We (TRA) were considering setting up an alliance with another militia corp though. Not sure if it will actually happen or not though.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #40 on: 09 Jan 2012, 09:40 »

because theory-crafting presents loads of issues to deal with, and not that many fixes.

Theorycrafting is quite often extremely flawed.  Especially when you start talking tactics.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
« Reply #41 on: 09 Jan 2012, 12:28 »

I want to know too :P I've heard nothing of people coming to join the Minmatar. We (TRA) were considering setting up an alliance with another militia corp though. Not sure if it will actually happen or not though.

I won't name names yet, as I could stil be wrong on a couple of them (I hope  ;) ), but I'm hearing over intel channels: "See those guys? When Alliances in FW hits, they'll be in TLF, so just set them red now."

Lyn Farel

« Reply #42 on: 09 Jan 2012, 15:36 »

If I end up getting back in EVE under any kind of constant activity, I'll take you up on this. I always did wonder how EM managed their vigilante job, because theory-crafting presents loads of issues to deal with, and not that many fixes.

As for the main topic, I've... said all there is to say from my p.o.w. Pretty much wait-and-see, now.

Its not that hard. When I was in Provi/CVA, it worked quite well. It just asks for a bit of motivation.

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #43 on: 09 Jan 2012, 16:41 »

Its not that hard. When I was in Provi/CVA, it worked quite well. It just asks for a bit of motivation.

Using Providence as an example does rather side-step the whole question of how do you chase pirates without taking sec-hits and ending up looking like pirates though, which did seem to be a major part of BloodBird's despair.
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #44 on: 09 Jan 2012, 16:42 »

Using Providence as an example does rather side-step the whole question of how do you chase pirates without taking sec-hits and ending up looking like pirates though, which did seem to be a major part of BloodBird's despair.

Especially when you consider that CVA's RoE was at times rather questionable. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4