Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Black Nova Corporation (BNC) and others still retain some offices in the Jovian Empire when it was opened during EVE's starter years?

Author Topic: [Noo gai] (to the forums anyways)  (Read 1064 times)

Hong WeiLoh

• Clonejack
[Noo gai] (to the forums anyways)
« on: 24 Dec 2011, 13:26 »

New on the forums, not really new to RP (been doing it for ages in various venues)... No, I'm not Chinese (nor is this a bad "Intaki" name lol)...  this is my main, and my first char on EVE. Needless to say I didn't take it very seriously at the time.
Thanks to the at the time pretty terribad "new player experience", I had NO clue what to do or how, so Hong's skills are quite a jumble of industry, exploration, science, etc, with a somewhat-recent severe emphasis on combat and ship skills. Of course now that translates to raw pragmatism--no matter where he goes, he can mine or melt down minerals, and use a library of BPCs and BPOs to make his own hulls and ammo. ;-)
Now well I'm at a point where I'm interested in the RP side of EVE...what little "prime fiction" there is to be had (originally came to EVE by means of reading the Empyrean Age) has me intrigued. Of course OOC I'm also a bit of a rebel, "choatic neutral" as it were, and that aspect comes through in-game as well. I also have a bit of an "I want cool shit" side, too, and therefore the most interesting aspect RP-wise is of course the pirate factions.
Really, though, I'm at a loss of what to do. IRL work keeps me extremely busy and my free time very limited from summer into fall, meaning the demands of a nullsec alliance existence (CTAs, "minimum activity requirements", etc) are prob a lil too much for me. Likewise, beginning my own corp is probably out of the question for same reasons.
I'm glad to see there's at least some interest in EVE RP, even if "lite" mode...if anyone has any insight or advice they'd like to share, I'm all ears.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: [Noo gai] (to the forums anyways)
« Reply #1 on: 24 Dec 2011, 13:30 »

hi and welcome! :)
\o/

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec 2011, 14:07 »

Howdy. 
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #3 on: 24 Dec 2011, 14:27 »

Welcome, blue one.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #4 on: 24 Dec 2011, 14:59 »

Liking the blue.

Coffee?

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #5 on: 24 Dec 2011, 15:06 »

You might be surprised what you can accomplish on EVE in one hour.

You might also be surprised to learn that the average adult human body contains half a pound of salt.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 24 Dec 2011, 16:46 »

Welcome and hello!

First off, I'm mildly curious when you first joined, just due to your story.

Second, don't worry - there are plenty of us here who have real lives as well, so I'm sure people will be happy to help you.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Hong WeiLoh

• Clonejack
« Reply #7 on: 24 Dec 2011, 18:07 »

Milo: kindly, thanks. (future reference, IRL my blood type is Mocha Pos)

Senn--well, given preparation, quite a bit. Course you have to have an hour or two free to move ships, etc. ;-)  Personally, I tend to do a lot of exploration activity, which may take one hour, may take several hours. Depends on how the anom/plex gods feel that day. Also, yes, the body contains much salt, hence why hyponatremia is such a serious medical condition. ;-)

Esna--when I first joined...EVE, I take it? April 2010. Was a good boy, did the tutorials, did the career agents, and then had no clue what to do with myself after that. lol. Ended up carebearing for a long while, joined a hisec bear alliance, got a taste of PvP during a few wardecs (also got a good intro to lowsec then, too, met Bataav & Co, and first realized people actually RP'd in EVE, first started following the exploits of Jade & Co as well), decided I liked lowsec, and joined a more lowsec-PvPcentric alliance.  .... that's now going back to hisec and sounds like becoming a bear alliance. *banging head on wall* So I figured I'd give the RP thing a go, and hopefully find a good corp/alliance to do that with.

As for RL stuff.... if ya ever watch CNN and see California blowing up in a huge firestorm? When they do the wide angle I'm one of the lil dots 3/4 of the way up some steep as hell, rocky mountain, leading a bunch of guys humping hose or cutting fireline. Sadly, when we get the call to go, we don't get much advance warning or prep, and definitely no time to jump online and send off some forum posts and EVEmails to let the dear CEO know that I won't be available for up to 21 days (not counting travel to/from the incident)... especially where the nullsec groups are concerned, that seems to be a BIG sticking point. Extended/frequent absence = bai bai, thanks for playing, here's the door. :-(