EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE Guides, Mechanics & Gameplay

Industrial "Killboard"

<< < (2/4) > >>

Techie Kanenald:
I'm studying to be an Accountant IRL, so if you want me to do statements for you I can!  :twisted:

tarunik:

--- Quote from: Senn Typhos on 12 Dec 2011, 16:39 ---
--- Quote from: orange on 11 Dec 2011, 19:41 ---Thoughts?  Doesn't matter, not pewpew?

--- End quote ---

Gettin' money is just as important as pewpew. Real talk.

A standard layout for reporting quarterly income would be a fun project, and I bet there'd be a lot of thankful corporations out there if they could have a competitive means of showing their financial progress.

--- End quote ---
Gotta finance that war machine somehow.  :yar:

Dex_Kivuli:
Is there any way that this could be done without being easily abused? What would stop wealthy corpies dumping large amounts of ISK in to the corp wallet/purchasing expensive contracts to make the corp seem exceptionally profitable?

orange:

--- Quote from: Dex_Kivuli on 14 Dec 2011, 17:22 ---Is there any way that this could be done without being easily abused? What would stop wealthy corpies dumping large amounts of ISK in to the corp wallet/purchasing expensive contracts to make the corp seem exceptionally profitable?

--- End quote ---

Part of my thinking is to not actually measure raw wallet size.

The "Marketboard" would measure things like a traders market revenue and a manufacturers production (ISK)/hour type measurements.  By actually digging into the API and pulling data out of it, it should be possible to screen some things.

For example, a trader's major customers could be tracked/tagged and diversity of customer base noted/rewarded.  Location, items, etc.

It could be a tool for the trader/producer and a way to compare success versus others.

Zuzanna Alondra:

--- Quote from: Techie Kanenald on 13 Dec 2011, 09:38 ---I'm studying to be an Accountant IRL, so if you want me to do statements for you I can!  :twisted:

--- End quote ---

Ditto - the use of financial statements as a way of tracking wealth like a killboard is a very good suggestion.  There is a reason it is already used as a major measuring stick in the real world.

Interestingly Eve adds a dimension that real life can't - the value of employees.  It's been a debate on how to expense the costs of training employees - do you depreciate it over a term of time, expense it immediately or whatnot?  Then further - if one of your companies largest assets is it's well trained staff - how is that expressed in dollar amounts on a balance sheet?

In Eve due to the character bazaar and character valuation tools - a value can be assigned to the cost of training personnel. The question of how and how appropriate is it could be fun.  I could see a Fed corp refusing to list their employees as assets to avoid them being labeled as "things" while for a Holder's corp it would be very normal and depending on the employee they may even list the person as inventory.

The curiosity of how Eve-GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principals) would look.  Naturally we would all have to book the value of our prepaid insurance ... this is a fun thought.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version