Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Serpentis stole a Federation Navy Nyx, here is the  news item

Author Topic: (Chronicle) Particle Tracks  (Read 2147 times)

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
(Chronicle) Particle Tracks
« on: 07 Dec 2011, 13:34 »

There is a new chronicle detailing the new battlecruisers. On the plot side, there's a meeting between a Caldari businessman and a Gallente businesswoman in Caille. Edit: Link: http://www.eveonline.com/background/potw/default.asp?cid=07-12-11

[spoiler]Muriya Mordu, of Mordu's Legion Command and Yani Sar Arteu, founder of ORE.

Also, that's pretty interesting hacking job there.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: 07 Dec 2011, 13:44 by Mithfindel »

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Re: (Chronicle) Particle Tracks
« Reply #1 on: 07 Dec 2011, 17:05 »

Nice..."Analects of the Raata Empire" and "War Commentaries of dos Rouvenor"...

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 07 Dec 2011, 18:23 »

Very interesting chronicle, not in the least because it confirms the existence of capsule-grade, near-perfect simulations as PF in the EVE universe.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #3 on: 07 Dec 2011, 20:03 »

Very interesting chronicle, not in the least because it confirms the existence of capsule-grade, near-perfect simulations as PF in the EVE universe.

In other words, Sisi effectively exists IC. Without the obvious "lol seeing the future" stuff. >.>
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Helen Ohmiras

« Reply #4 on: 07 Dec 2011, 21:12 »

My character now seems far less far-fetched. Also, on the following:

[spoiler]“Do I have this right? You have personality-level telemetry of capsuleers operating in multiple scenarios from no less than four of the most advanced combat information tanks in the cluster?”

The woman smiled. “Yes, that is precisely what I have.”

The man grinned back, and this time his eyes were dancing. “OK, Yani, when do you want to meet for real? I think I can make some room in my calendar.” He paused and added, “Even if you won’t look as good.”[/spoiler]

I'm waiting for a train...

:twisted:

tarunik

• Resident Wormhole Lord
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #5 on: 07 Dec 2011, 22:17 »

In other words, Sisi effectively exists IC. Without the obvious "lol seeing the future" stuff. >.>
As to the "seeing the future" stuff...don't you think CONCORD/various designers would want to test their new/improved equipment in a simulation system before they put it out into the cold, harsh world?

Yoshito Sanders

• Egger
« Reply #6 on: 07 Dec 2011, 23:44 »

Yani being a woman threw me off for a while, until I realized they're in a simulation themselves.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 08 Dec 2011, 00:45 »

This,

Yani being a woman threw me off for a while, until I realized they're in a simulation themselves.

But also this.

It's more or less a confirmation of the potential of near-perfect VR environments such as La Maison.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #8 on: 08 Dec 2011, 00:55 »

As to the "seeing the future" stuff...don't you think CONCORD/various designers would want to test their new/improved equipment in a simulation system before they put it out into the cold, harsh world?

I was specifically referring to things that would indicate storyline progression (f.ex, FW prior to Empyrean Age, wormholes prior to Apocrypha, Incursions prior to... Incursion, broken Jita monument prior to Crucible, etc.), not changes to our modules, ships and such.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #9 on: 08 Dec 2011, 00:59 »

So... Sisi = Second Life?  :lol:

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 11 Dec 2011, 00:41 »

Great chronicle, so happy to see more of these. If I recall this was from a new CCP writer? If so fantastic work and welcome :)