Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Evanda Char's voluval mark is the "Track of the Wolf"?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: IC & OOC  (Read 4425 times)

Jakiin

• Sorceror of Semantic
  • Wetgraver
Re: IC & OOC
« Reply #15 on: 23 Apr 2010, 19:42 »

In EVE, I'd say... Very little, but some. If I know someone has a button OOC it will affect how much I slap my hand against that part of the wall IC, one way or another.

In other games? Most definitely. I'm more likely to have a humorous RP (Well, I think it's funny anyway) in other RP settings. Generally this means that if there's something the person I'm RPing with doesn't find funny, I won't do it because having them groan each time I make the 'joke' is a bummer.

Carmilla

• Clonejack
« Reply #16 on: 24 Apr 2010, 06:15 »

All the RL friends I have who play EvE, I simply don't RP with, they know me too well  :bash:

That being said the friends I have made while playing are definately keepers.  I have moulded a lot of my RP to those I RP with now and as I RP with them more I get to know their boundaries, what they will and wont' do and how far I can push them.

That being said.... I'm not looking forward to Dame getting back from holiday and find out what Angelina has been up to  :oops:

Vieve

« Reply #17 on: 27 Apr 2010, 17:54 »

I've always been torn on this subject.  

There've been situations where I believe I wouldn't have gotten as much enjoyment out of playing a character if the other folks in the interaction knew I was playing that character (the interaction wouldn't have happened, or if it'd started, it would have stopped completely -- likely because that person assumed I was playing them and not just another role, or because he or she wanted to chat with me OOCly).  Granted, the reverse's possibly also true.  I'm by no means saintly:  there are people out there whose characters I wouldn't wittingly RP with if my cat was on fire1.

There've also been some situations where I would have felt better about things if I had more OOC knowledge of the person on the other side.  They might have gone a little easier for all of the parties involved.

1 No cats were harmed in the writing of this post, unless the monster groundhog outside just ate the feral one who cut across the yard.
Pages: 1 [2]