Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Dam-Torsad is the Amarr Imperial City and capital? Read the chron!

Author Topic: Hey!!  (Read 840 times)

Audrial

• Clonejack
Hey!!
« on: 03 Dec 2011, 11:38 »

Hallo everyone. I've been on and off Eve for years, as it seems it's taken that long for me to find my place. I followed a role play partner over from another game years ago and hopped into semi role play, joining and corp, trying to do the fighter thing... and failed miserably. I don't use it as an excuse, but being deaf I feel makes this game that much more difficult for me... personally. I did have a lot of help and I joined the University but, coupled with the fact that I find a lot of this game a bit over my head with CPUs, modules, differing fittings, etc... most every corp uses voice comm and if you don't/can't you are often left in station looking out the window and missing out of the action. So I left for a long time in frustration.

I rejoined and started out again, but this time not trying to fit myself into a square peg but rather forming my own corporation, making contacts, fulfilling a role... and making a life in space for Audrial - who actually has a life in space now and she's productive. I'm actually having fun now, which is the most important thing for me. I'm still learning the ins and outs of fitting frustratingly slow but I don't allow myself to get over my head these days. I'm starting to read the chronicles and I want to make my role play better over time.

Good to see you all.

xxx ooo

Audrial

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: Hey!!
« Reply #1 on: 03 Dec 2011, 11:47 »

hi Audrial!

and welcome :)
\o/

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 03 Dec 2011, 13:10 »

Hi Audrial!

Also Ghost is a slow whale! 
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #3 on: 03 Dec 2011, 15:29 »

I used to be a capsuleer like you.

Then I took an antimatter charge in the knee.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #4 on: 03 Dec 2011, 15:58 »

I used to be a capsuleer like you.

Then I took an antimatter charge in the knee.

I see what you did there.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #5 on: 03 Dec 2011, 16:36 »

Hey!

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 03 Dec 2011, 16:50 »

Why hello there!
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #7 on: 03 Dec 2011, 21:44 »

Hi!
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.