Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The original starship classes in EVE were frigates, cruisers, industrials and the elusive Battleships?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Buffing Pirate Roleplay / Lifestyle : Stuff™  (Read 5480 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: Buffing Pirate Roleplay / Lifestyle : Stuff™
« Reply #15 on: 28 Oct 2011, 16:38 »

Ok, these ideas are nice and promising, except for the one letting pirates getting into high sec due to the removal of faction police.

1) It does not make any sense RP wise.
2) Lets -10.0 outlaws come into high sec and suicide gank everyone, after all, they have nothing to lose anymore... I do not even want to imagine the rampage on exhumers (which are already half fucked most of the time by gankers) and mission runners.
3) Why do they want to come in high sec ? To buy their stuff and not use their alts ? Have they heard of what we call consequences of one's choices ?
4) By doing this you devaluate even more low sec as pirates will come to live in high sec instead half of the time.

1) There is sufficient room within the Prime Fiction for the Empires and CONCORD to delegate non-CONCORD outlaw Capsuleer policing to other Capsuleers. As it stands, the system is full of holes considering I can still dock and use high sec resources - despite my massive pirate standings and roller coaster Empire standings.

2) In response to this post and Esna's, I've edited my original post to have a more clarified meaning of what I intend for that system. Once again, it does not affect the security status ratings players get from pirating each other - it only affects how players can pirate the NPCs.

3 & 4 are invalid as I feel they are questions about -security status, not -faction standing.

I think I got mixed up somewhere and I don't understand why at all... @_@

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2011, 19:22 by Gottii »
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #17 on: 31 Oct 2011, 07:43 »

The "Dead Drops" idea is something I've argued for several times in the past. Most recently as a part of a number of ideas to make the Notes function useful again:

Besides allowing collaborative notes and other stuff, I had this idea to allow Notes to become physical objects just like bookmarks can be. That would allow you to drop notes in places, bundle notes with contract piles, run data without CONCORD noticing, etc.

It's definitely a small thing that could allow for RP and player-made events to maybe work a bit smoother - allowing the organizer to spread messages without have to be present or send them directly to players.

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #18 on: 31 Oct 2011, 11:00 »

At Fanfest 2011 at the lowsec roundtable CCP seemed to float the idea of smuggler gates, similar to those found at mission sites but actually used as "alternatives" to the stargates between systems as used today.

The suggestion was that they would have to be scanned down but once they were found and bookmarked they would essentially act as an alternative travel network with different routes through space. There's no reason why they couldn't extend operationally into hisec.

An additional idea was for the gate guns to fire on capsuleers with a high security status instead of low, to reflect the fact they're operated by Serpentis or Guristas, etc. meaning we could have inverted gate camps with the anti-pirate fleets lying in wait for the pirates to jump through unawares.
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #19 on: 31 Oct 2011, 11:44 »

a) Locate pirate worm-hole.
b) Eliminate any pirate guards/patrollers.
c) Wait for traffic to come through.
d) Kill them, loot their wrecks, laugh.
e) repeat points c and d until it's prudent to secure your loot. Return to point a.

Worked for freelancer. I see no reason one can't do something similar in EVE.

I'd support this idea if a working mechanic for outlaws in high-sec was found.

Altaen

• Clonejack
    • Molden Heath Community
« Reply #20 on: 16 Nov 2011, 02:06 »

So the first thing we need is demand. I really like the idea of explorable deadspace pockets being the place where neutral, pirate friendly trade hubs can interact with player smugglers. So for instance, a player discovers an illegal trade hub in a .6 space area, they warp to it and access a local market where npc buy and sell orders are in place to entice them to either fulfill said orders (for great profit), or buy other illegal items and perhaps engage in some smuggling of their own to other illegal hubs. They can ask for boosters, slaves, illegal firearms, or whatever the locals don't like to see very much of that the factions out in 0.0 have an abundance of. The higher security the space, the more valuable the hubs.

And if you want to be a law abiding citizen, you can destroy said hubs and aggro the local defenders, kill the prime building locations and the site will despawn and re-appear randomly elsewhere. The do-gooder will get bonus points with the local government and CONCORD for their service. These deadspace pockets should also be PVP friendly zones allowing one another to engage freely, so that player pirate organizations making a killing on a local hub can defend their cash cow against meddling do-gooders.

What this kind of idea would require is a re-evalutation of the standings system and its impact on players, as well as creating an effective smuggling mechanic that benefits fast ships and scan-resistant mods to support a percentage per second based npc scanning system at key points: stations and gates. I for one, approve criminal flagging for people caught smuggling; it encourages pvp and makes travel through high traffic areas risky and unfavorable for someone looking to get their goods in to the right location without trouble.

I adore this idea. I imagine unless you wanted to simply make the deadpsace trade hubs a gank trap, though, you'd have to implement some sort of way to differentiate between players in the pocket that are there for business, vs. players that are in the pocket to disrupt the illegal activities. Faction standings could work, but an allegiance declaration of some sort would work better.
Will also be infinitely more interesting if the incentive to bust up an illegal trade hub was close to on par with the incentives to participating in black market trade...so that people on both sides actually have something to fight for, and law-abiding types don't feel the need to break character to enjoy the additional content in their own way.

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #21 on: 24 Nov 2011, 14:34 »

Definitely big on the convoys idea, in fact I think the ambient life in EVE could do with some Devluv in general.
The very model of a British Minmatarian
Pages: 1 [2]