Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That greasy, deep-fried Caldari takeout food is eaten with tongs and remains popular in the Federation?  (The Burning Life pp 40,41)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Winter Expansion - New Ships (Tornado, Talos)  (Read 7763 times)

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
Winter Expansion - New Ships (Tornado, Talos)
« on: 21 Oct 2011, 03:25 »

Here https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=219333#post219333

Quote from: CCP Navigator
Let me give you guys a little more information on what is coming. Starting next week we will be producing a series of 'In Development' video blogs which will look at what the various teams are planning for Winter 2011. I want to stress that these videos will not contain release dates as we are aiming to provide a lot of stuff and do not want to commit to a date we cannot keep. These will include:

Engine trails - Yes, that's right we are adding engine trails to EVE and we will show the work in progress so far.

New ships - Recently we featured a shot of the Tornado, the Deviant Art contest winner, on the EVE Facebook page. We were not happy with just giving out one ship so we will be showcasing all four new ships.

New nebulae - These new background sin the EVE universe are stunningly beautiful and will add to the immersion and feeling of being in deep space.

Team BFF - This team should be Best Features Fullstop and CCP Soundwave will give an overview of what his team has in store. Capital ship balancing, balancing hybrids, assault ships bonuses and much more will be added during winter.

Customer Relations - The Lead GM's will talk about changes to how petitions are handled, more options for Stuck petitions and how we aim to deal with your issues as fast as possible.

We are not just going to stop there. We will bring you more video blogs about what is in development for EVE Online.

Tornado Devblog - http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=3001
« Last Edit: 29 Oct 2011, 04:37 by Akrasjel Lanate »

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
Re: New Ships
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2011, 03:47 »

Read this sitting in a lecture. Got some funny looks when I cheered.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
Re: New Ships
« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2011, 06:54 »

Lyn Farel

Re: New Ships (Tornado)
« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2011, 07:23 »

FUCK. YES.

Except the tornado that i still dislike the design's originality (upside down minmatar myrmidon with exact same shapes).

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
Re: New Ships (Tornado)
« Reply #4 on: 22 Oct 2011, 18:48 »

Except the tornado that i still dislike the design's originality (upside down minmatar myrmidon with exact same shapes).

And spray-on rust tones.

The Myrmidon is a fine-looking ship. While the Tornado design was clearly in the top handful of entries to the competition, it does feel kinda derivative, Gallente-influenced, and as though it's flying backwards.

... so I guess we'll need to make some story to explain all that. I wonder which company will get to develop it and whether they'll have been working together with the Gallente on FW things.

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
Re: Winter Expansion - New Ships (Tornado, Talos)
« Reply #6 on: 29 Oct 2011, 04:37 »

New Nebulas and the new Raven model - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kBAWayqELU

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #7 on: 29 Oct 2011, 04:53 »

Came expecting horrible symmetrical Raven, left pleasantly surprised.
Also Freelancer-style location based nebulae for the win. I really cannot wait for this.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #8 on: 29 Oct 2011, 04:56 »

Well, that was the same raven as we have currently. I highly doubt its the new one (yet). It is basically the old model we see on this vid. After all the guy was still working on it.

Sakura Imoru

• Wetgraver
« Reply #9 on: 29 Oct 2011, 06:41 »

Look closer, guys, that Raven already had a new pair of engines...  :P

I really hope though that the Raven only recieves a minor facelift. I think it's already looking awesome.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #10 on: 29 Oct 2011, 06:59 »

I guess I'm the only one who'd like to seem them do with the Raven what they did with the Scorpion, huh? >>
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #11 on: 29 Oct 2011, 07:16 »

It will look considerably different when the Raven has the "version 3" upgrade that the Scorpion and Maller will have. And apparently they intend to give all ships that upgrade.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #12 on: 29 Oct 2011, 09:20 »

It will look considerably different when the Raven has the "version 3" upgrade that the Scorpion and Maller will have. And apparently they intend to give all ships that upgrade.

Not sure I like this idea - not all ships needs a facelift - The Rax, Vexor, Myrm and many, many others look damn good allready, but then stuff like Dominixes, Hyperions and others could do with an update. Right now, I'm hoping that if they facelift the domi they make it sleeker and longer, as opposed to bigger and more condensed, so to say.

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #13 on: 29 Oct 2011, 11:11 »

Just don't touch the Brutix. Oh mah gawd.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #14 on: 29 Oct 2011, 12:38 »

Interesting. Looking forawrd to the new Raven, it can't be much more worse looking than the steel mill accident it's now. Hopefully they will do they re-do the Dominix soon.

PS. Leave my Hyperion alone, it looks awesome.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4