Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Jin-Mei homeworlds of Lirsautton III and V are called Chakaux and Chandeille respectively?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Request From CCP Maiden Steel - Re: The Noble Exchange  (Read 7986 times)

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
Re: Request From CCP Maiden Steel - Re: The Noble Exchange
« Reply #30 on: 16 Oct 2011, 07:58 »

I want the Nex store to sell slaverhounds as pets. I want to be able to buy a cigar to chomp on.

Oh, and suits. Proper suits.
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2011, 08:02 by hellgremlin »

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #31 on: 17 Oct 2011, 04:27 »

- What are your priorities when you're playing CQ dress-up?

Money. To be completely honest, your pricing structure is horrendous. I realize what you're trying to accomplish, but by doing so, you severely limit how much the average player can buy. We end up shopping by a budget, and that is no fun. We end up having to budget for either ships or clothing, and that makes no sense to me. Even your lower tier items are still far too expensive for clothing.

Let me put it to you this way: If I could buy two or three FULL OUTFITS (head to toe) for a single PLEX, I'd be buying many PLEX and clearing out your NeX store. But when I have to sacrifice half a PLEX for a shirt, it makes me not want to bother at all. Completing an outfit becomes too expensive to bother.
This is the only relevant comment I could possibly leave, and Katrina already hit the nail on the head. Every other question is completely inconsequential to me, because as long as the effective prices remain what they are, I will never buy a single thing from the NeX store.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #32 on: 17 Oct 2011, 06:12 »

It is bit strange because I have been hoarding AUR for some time now (sell mission loot on seperate corporate account; when account reaches price of PLEX->buy PLEX) but there is nothing in the NEX store that I really want. I would be very interested in decorating my CQ but right now I am just waiting.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #33 on: 18 Oct 2011, 11:53 »

Well, I'll boil this down to two things which (when leaving out the issue of price) I think would solve all my other issues with QC.

First:

BRING BACK THE OLD STUFF!!!!!

And to make sure you get the idea, I feel that writing is caps is the equivalent of yelling is someone's face, and as such, I almost never do it.

To make this clear though, I will go on. 

Bring back all of the old charactor creator options.  Bring back the Caldari back mounted things that blinked, brign back the Amarrian head crown things, bring back the Minmatar outfit that looked like it was made from pieces of leather and metal and sewn together.  Of course, go ahead and update the graphics, but the essence should remain the same, just like a Raven is a Raven no matter how shiny it is, the same for these outfits.  Then, fill in the blanks that you couldn't see in the old character creator.  That one thing would make the costumes so much better, and bing back some EvE-ness to this.  Things like robes for female Amarrians, or full body tatoos for Minmatar.  Hopefully you get the idea by now.

Second:

Dresses that do not belong in the 70s would be nice.  Long dresses, short mini-skirts, things you could wear to a ball or a rave.  I suppose that this can be shortened to just more variety, but the lack of long dresses has been my personal peeve since this came out.

Jalenar Frost

• Clonejack
  • Green Meany
« Reply #34 on: 18 Oct 2011, 16:37 »

Quote from: Jade's Constantine's Book
A whole damn lot of writing that alot of people probably thought tl;dr to.

This.  Encompasses everything I'd have said, plus a whole lot more of win and excellent ideas.  My full endorsement behind her post in this thread.
"The difference between a warrior and an ordinary man is that a warrior sees everything as a challenge, while an ordinary man sees everything as either a blessing or a curse.
-Don Juan; A Seperate Reality

Faraelle Brightman

• Clonejack
« Reply #35 on: 19 Oct 2011, 11:59 »

Can only really offer input on what would be nice to see, haven't been in-game for any significant time in over a year.

Some of it's already been said: More racial, bloodline and lore flavor.  Some of the popular options from the old character models back.  A lot of the Intaki male RPers miss the long hair.  I had a bindi mark as part of my makeup that it would be nice to have back. I don't recall seeing any hoods for the Amarr? How about religious themed accessories, not just for the Amarr but other bloodlines with religion prominent in their lore (Ida for the Intaki, and whatever the Achuran religion was).

Also: PRICING! All this is moot if the price of stuff doesn't make me able to justify buying any of it on top of the subscription cost. I speak as someone who made a living off of plying a trade in Second Life for a couple years.  Occasionally, yes, you'll see something in SL being sold for what would be many dollars after the $L-> $US exchange rate but there are also thousands of good virtual items being sold for the equivalent of < $1 and they have been profitable.

What I haven't seen mentioned: Stuff unique to other in-game affiliations.  Militia uniforms for FW for example.

« Last Edit: 19 Oct 2011, 12:05 by Faraelle Brightman »

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #36 on: 19 Oct 2011, 13:56 »

I suspect this thread is now moot given CCP's recent layoffs. 

Verone

• Dirty Gurista Loyalist
  • Egger
  • :3
    • Veto Corp.Com
« Reply #37 on: 19 Oct 2011, 15:12 »

AFAIK she slaved for a few days to get the crowd sourcing report wrote up and delivered, before all this happened.

What matters is that through her, your voices were heard, right where they needed to be, directly at the top.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #38 on: 19 Oct 2011, 16:54 »

AFAIK she slaved for a few days to get the crowd sourcing report wrote up and delivered, before all this happened.

What matters is that through her, your voices were heard, right where they needed to be, directly at the top.

+1

Faraelle Brightman

• Clonejack
« Reply #39 on: 19 Oct 2011, 17:04 »

Yeah, posted that after I knew about the announcement but before any of the names on the chopping block were known.
Pages: 1 2 [3]