Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ishukone corporation manufactures the mind altering Transcranial Microcontroller?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New e-o forums "like" button - IC or OOC?  (Read 7174 times)

Darius Shakor

• Clonejack
Re: New e-o forums "like" button - IC or OOC?
« Reply #30 on: 16 Sep 2011, 12:07 »

In the IGS I use it as a means of 'liking' a post that my character would like. Quality of posting does not really enter into it, nor does the level of amusement it gives me as a player. I don;t see the need to click 'like' on many threads about Intaki or Caldari politics, since my character could not give a toss about them. Even though I may have enjoyed reading them myself. In a way we have things like Facebook in real life and the like button concept and the Google+ version of +1 has emerged for reasons. I don't see why such reasons would not exist in eve either so I see no need to view it totally as ooc.

I understand people might want to click the like button to to encourage better forum posting habits, but I personally don't see it being effective in encouragement since other people click it for different reasons, myself being one of those other people.

Of course anywhere else on the forum I click it when I agree with a subject or a post gave me a giggle.
Retired freedom fighter. Founder of the Second Shakor Clan [-2SC-]
Currently playing as Denaton Koudo these days. Drawn to the blinking Caldari lights. Ooooooo.....

Twitter me @DShakor

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #31 on: 16 Sep 2011, 12:43 »

If I ever were to use the IGS, I'd use the function IC.

This. If I were to pres butan, I'd be doing it IC on the IGS. Elsewhere would be different.

I supposedly have a like here or there, but I've only posted to the new forum once. And despite being logged in and having notifications and stuff turned on, I still can't see any of that info. :s
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #32 on: 16 Sep 2011, 14:09 »

I can begin to see the merit of using it as an IC function.

I still feel it is primarily OOC myself, but I guess that may or may not change in the future.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #33 on: 16 Sep 2011, 20:17 »

Heh, I just noticed that the "likes" under the profile names are the total likes the character has accumulated, not how many likes they earned from that one post. I guess they really are trying to encourage forum warfare and popularity contests.

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #34 on: 17 Sep 2011, 05:52 »

Right, which was my original issue with it. :(

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #35 on: 23 Jun 2015, 02:31 »

The majority of my likes are IC, and I assume that a like is from the PC and not necessarily the player.

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Lyn Farel

« Reply #36 on: 23 Jun 2015, 12:43 »

I endorse your necroposting of Malcolm and Kaleigh guests forms.

Rok-Yuni

• Egger
« Reply #37 on: 28 Jun 2015, 12:50 »

in my opinion...
OOC, always OOC...

if it was IC, and enforced as such, certain individuals would have far less, and others far more...
Not only that, I think the likes are across all the boards, so if you get 100 likes in the like and get likes thread. you look popular on the IGS

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #38 on: 28 Jun 2015, 21:21 »

I endorse your necroposting of Malcolm and Kaleigh guests forms.

Why thank you. :)
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #39 on: 28 Jun 2015, 21:43 »

I'm liking all these threads being dug up so people who maybe hadn't seen them before have a chance to check them out.
Pages: 1 2 [3]