Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Suuolo" is Caldari for friend? For more, read here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Did everything die or something?  (Read 23772 times)

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
Re: Did everything die or something?
« Reply #15 on: 11 Sep 2011, 14:34 »

I've noticed the RP community has been quiet for a while now.

Probably due to a lack of advancement in storyline. Sadly this will be the case until the overlords at CCP decide they want to develop the game a little more and give the storyline guys something to work with.

I'm seeing a fair bit of weariness out there: a lot of people I know have been in EVE lulls all at once, which gets a bit self-reinforcing when they come back and struggle to find people to play with. From my point of view individual interactions can still be good, but quite a lot of the bigger world of EVE is awkward and uncomfortable to play with, either because it involves dealing with the contradictions inherent in PF at the moment or because doing thing X in front of person(s) Y will most likely lead to outcome Z which is just not fun.

For me, the main things CCP could do would be to clarify the general ranges of how some things work (although I kinda fear they'll try to take Mata's interactions with her clan away from her) and to give updates on the stalled stories which should be the background and framework of our lives (tribal council, etc) so we have some relevant news to respond to.

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger
« Reply #16 on: 11 Sep 2011, 16:08 »

Not sure its just the rp community. eve as a whole feels slower going to me since awhile back and not seeing the upsurge i expected when summer was done.

At least i notice that the corps i got chars in and the communities i use to move in are less active as a whole, with less people on and many of those that are on being on less time than beginning of this year.

Arkady Sadik

• Egger
« Reply #17 on: 11 Sep 2011, 17:26 »

There's definitely a general EVE low. I feel that it's getting better slowly - more people on corp chat again, more people in fleets, more RP happening. But that might be because I myself am slowly getting out of an EVE low which was partly caused by some RP drama llamas.

Never really liked the Summit. Too much noise, too little signal.

I've recently been enjoying IGS more. It seems to me that for a long time, there were very few interactions between characters other than either yelling at each other and being best friends - this seems to be changing. RP without dynamic conflict tends to get boring fast for me at least.
« Last Edit: 11 Sep 2011, 18:29 by Arkady Sadik »

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #18 on: 11 Sep 2011, 18:18 »

We at the ILF have been pretty inactive of late. Somewhat my fault as I have been super busy with life.

I'm hoping to organise some sort of event to bring us back at some point.

Sakaane Eionell

• Wetgraver
    • Solitary Pilot
« Reply #19 on: 11 Sep 2011, 19:16 »

We at the ILF have been pretty inactive of late. Somewhat my fault as I have been super busy with life.

Mammal, you should definitely not blame yourself for the low activity. As I recall, last year at this time ILF was slow to dead as well, which is partially what led me to leave temporarily back then. Naturally, as soon as I did, things picked up again.

Reflecting on this and similar bouts of inactivity in years past, I think it's just how it goes for EVE at this time of year. People are back at school, or have kids who are now back at school, and after all the summer vacationing and whatnot, many industries start gearing up for fall and--dare I say--Christmas, so people are busy at the office too.

Things will pick up again soon, I'm sure. :)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #20 on: 11 Sep 2011, 23:55 »

Wait for winter to set in fully. People will be cuddling in front of their PC's trying to get warm from the soft pixelated glow of their monitors and the wonderfully warming feeling of ship explosions, tears and drama.

Summertimes are allways slower than winter in online worlds, and come fall it's usually at it's lowest ebb.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 12 Sep 2011, 02:18 »

Not everyone's in the northern hemisphere, Bloodbird.

For me the bigger difference is probably the cumulative two-hour daylight saving shift that affects who I can play with when at "mid-year" and "year's end".

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #22 on: 12 Sep 2011, 04:18 »

Also EVE getting slowly and surely more crappy might have something to do with it.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Arkady Sadik

• Egger
« Reply #23 on: 12 Sep 2011, 04:21 »

Three years ago, bittervets used to be much better. :-(

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #24 on: 12 Sep 2011, 04:53 »

Wait for winter to set in fully. People will be cuddling in front of their PC's trying to get warm from the soft pixelated glow of their monitors and the wonderfully warming feeling of ship explosions, tears and drama.
Turn CQ on and you should be nice and toasty in no time :yar:
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #25 on: 12 Sep 2011, 05:17 »

Three years ago, bittervets used to be much better. :-(

:P

:D

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #26 on: 12 Sep 2011, 06:50 »

to give updates on the stalled stories which should be the background and framework of our lives (tribal council, etc) so we have some relevant news to respond to.

Yeah, lack of this is one of the reasons I unsubscribed a couple of months ago. CCP ain't providing squat for RPers not interested in whatever Live Event topic is current.
I prob won't return to EVE... though if DUST is good and CCP shape up on progressing the backstory again you might see me playing a Bloody Hand DUST merc.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #27 on: 12 Sep 2011, 12:38 »

Yeah, lack of this is one of the reasons I unsubscribed a couple of months ago.

Missed you in the Circle of Tribes.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #28 on: 12 Sep 2011, 13:20 »

Wait, people still play this game.

Oh, wait, sorry, mixed this up with the FHC tab in my browser.  Carry on!

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger
« Reply #29 on: 12 Sep 2011, 14:51 »

Summertimes are allways slower than winter in online worlds, and come fall it's usually at it's lowest ebb.

Easy to do now...just trun on the captains quarters and get an extra radiator heater  :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14