Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sukuuvestaa megacorporation owns as much as 1/3 of all real estate in the Caldari State, and is considered one of the State's most ruthless corporations?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Did everything die or something?  (Read 23775 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Did everything die or something?
« on: 10 Sep 2011, 17:17 »

Or is it just me? RP community is very quiet. Summit is endlessly Amarr...what's going on? Was it the summer, if I'm just being paranoid?

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: Did everything die or something?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Sep 2011, 17:39 »

Summit is not endlessly amarr. There's a good dose of all four races in there, but only the Amarr seem to be stirring up trouble lately. Mostly because none of the other factions are bringing their RP into the summit.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 10 Sep 2011, 18:35 »

Well, it's full of Amarr....

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2011, 19:51 »

There do seem to be a lot of Amarr around lately, though I think it also has to do with a lot of some of the "other faction" RPers dropping off, at least from the public view - I feel like I used to regularly see a lot more faces from various factions other than Amarr, e.g., other EM, U'K, and a couple FW types from Minmatar, LDIS, CAIN, and FT-K from Caldari, Mixed Metaphor and others from Gal, etc etc... Even pirate factions seem to have shrunken; CR-SE and Blood Inquisition have left the Blooder side, Anshar Inc. from Serps, etc...

Now I see the same few dozen people, and while I don't <3 you all any less for it, I definitely feel like there were many more faces a while back.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #4 on: 10 Sep 2011, 20:18 »

Maybe never mind so much the Amarr then, but as Esna said, shit be quiet yo

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 10 Sep 2011, 20:48 »

LDIS bought FT-K many moons ago (maybe close to 2 years), are trying to build relationships with some RP-lite/local corporations, and going through some growing pains.

CAIN is busy with their 0.0 space and has not been particularly active in on IGS for a long time.  Van Cleef occasional makes an appearance on IGS when he thinks there is some activity they are doing worth mentioning.

We also have done a lot of :bash: over the years and are not interested in rehashing the same conversations again.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #6 on: 10 Sep 2011, 21:47 »

LDIS bought FT-K many moons ago (maybe close to 2 years), are trying to build relationships with some RP-lite/local corporations, and going through some growing pains.

CAIN is busy with their 0.0 space and has not been particularly active in on IGS for a long time.  Van Cleef occasional makes an appearance on IGS when he thinks there is some activity they are doing worth mentioning.

We also have done a lot of :bash: over the years and are not interested in rehashing the same conversations again.

Wel for Katrina's part, she's attempting to foster friendly relations with LDIS by flying with them, ordering from them, etc. She wants to see LDIS and I-RED grow a bit closer.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #7 on: 10 Sep 2011, 22:25 »

The Summit or the RP community in general?

Amarr/Minmatar have always been the most predominate groups around, but I could see how it seems some others have decreased a bit. The Summit I have not really noticed a strong Amarr presence (it may be your time zone), if anything its mostly been e-RP lite when I've bothered to look. Rather disconcerting, actually.

I'm personally working on seeing if I can post more on the IGS, although how that'll go remains to be seen.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Desiderya

« Reply #8 on: 10 Sep 2011, 22:25 »

I keep an eye on the summit most of the times, but, well, it's... ah not always that interesting or tempting for me to chime in lately. Also I'm pretty much tied up in corp business and closer relations at the moment.

Kat, your raptors will be built with love. And before someone says something about Caldari: We can do this because we charge for it 8)

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 10 Sep 2011, 22:43 »

Yes, I should have clarified - my post was meant to reflect the RP community as a whole, judged by who I had common interactions with anywhere - Summit, IGS, Barpee, semi-private arcs, etc. This is, of course, a horribly skewed measure, but I'm not sure of any other way to measure it. :P
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #10 on: 11 Sep 2011, 02:27 »

I don't really consider myself an active role-playing participant beyond writing race reports, but I will say that I'm feeling rather lethargic about engaging in eve-RP. The summit can be fun but its not really my thing. Done more than my share of BAR RP, so that's not really a big motivator for me either. If I wasn't for the Racing League I'd probably have cancelled my sub months ago.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #11 on: 11 Sep 2011, 06:53 »

Yes, not very my type either for the Summit. I am occasionally active when I see discussions that I find interesting to my tastes and to which my character would actually reply. Discussion more suited to the NEA btw.

NB : OMG Seri I WANT A SIMILAR PIC.

Well, it's full of Amarr....

Yes, the new liberal amarr imperialism is all powerful and omnipresent compared to the gallente liberalism. \o/

Desiderya

« Reply #12 on: 11 Sep 2011, 07:59 »

Tempted to make a JC Denton avatar with the notorious What a shame.

We should use the NEA more often, I mean, it's not used for its original purpose anymore, so we might actually use it for things like political discussion. Also I'd rather have Des get the raging about Inhonores's opinions than talk about what a lovely sandvhich she ate earlier. ;)

Desiderya

« Reply #13 on: 11 Sep 2011, 08:00 »

Tempted to make a JC Denton avatar with the notorious What a shame.

We should use the NEA more often, I mean, it's not used for its original purpose anymore, so we might actually use it for things like political discussion. Also I'd rather have Des get the raging about Inhonores's opinions than talk about what a lovely sandvhich she ate earlier. ;)

PS: What a shame that no one used that as an avatar already. There must be something we can do...

Edit: Damn, clicked quote instead of modify. Is there a way to delete your own message?
What a rotten way to make a point.  8)

Verone

• Dirty Gurista Loyalist
  • Egger
  • :3
    • Veto Corp.Com
« Reply #14 on: 11 Sep 2011, 09:44 »

I've noticed the RP community has been quiet for a while now.

Probably due to a lack of advancement in storyline. Sadly this will be the case until the overlords at CCP decide they want to develop the game a little more and give the storyline guys something to work with.

:psyccp:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14